Lariat seats vs XLT

chrisehyoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Lux, Copilot, Shadow black
Are the Lariat seats better than the XLT seats? I haven't had the opportunity to sit in a lariat yet. Not saying the XLT seats are bad, but they definitely have a time limit for sitting in. That's been one of my biggest adjustments coming from my last two Kias with sport bucket seats.
Sponsored

Rick and Mavy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, Alto Blue, Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are the Lariat seats better than the XLT seats? I haven't had the opportunity to sit in a lariat yet. Not saying the XLT seats are bad, but they definitely have a time limit for sitting in. That's been one of my biggest adjustments coming from my last two Kias with sport bucket seats.
I was worried they wouldn’t compare favorably to my GTI seats, but on day one I drove 150 miles in my Lariat, and then sat through a double header at the drive-in. No complaints! Except that the new Jurassic Park wasn’t great. Top Gun Maverick was fantastic.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was worried they wouldn’t compare favorably to my GTI seats, but on day one I drove 150 miles in my Lariat, and then sat through a double header at the drive-in. No complaints! Except that the new Jurassic Park wasn’t great. Top Gun Maverick was fantastic.
Agreed saw both. Top Gun was great! Park was ok....

OP
OP
chrisehyoung

chrisehyoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife wants to see Top Gun and I told her we obviously have to see it at the drive in in my Maverick. It only makes sense.

Sponsored

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
My wife claims the lariat seats cut off her thighs, meaning they are not long enough, and she cannot adjust either front row seat low enough. I agree with her but don’t seem to have as much of an issue. They could be longer and the tilt/angle could be more adjustable IMO. I’m 6’ and she is 5’6”. I do miss the Ridgeline seats.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ahh yes- J/P was a dud- How many hours do we have to watch the Dino trainer just hold an open palm up to these critters and have that be so controlling and magical ? lol

I found the Lariat seats to be more comfy- And I am 100 percent out on cloth seats- We got folks in this house who spill cupcakes/chocolate/shakes/M&MS and cloth would get destroyed within a couple months plus if taking up skiing and someone gets in with pants and boots covered in snow it melts and then you have nice and soggy seats- One of the main reasons we ditched our XLT order for a loaded Lariat- I do think the XLT cloth seats are comfortable and look nice but the Lariats are a just more "cushy" especially the back seat.

013SamIAm

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Flex, 1965 Ford Galaxie, 2014 Toyota Camry
just so you know.... the only difference is the covers. The cushions are the same no mater which model you buy. I work in the parts dept. here at Jones Ford. I have answered this question before.

OP
OP
chrisehyoung

chrisehyoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife claims the lariat seats cut off her thighs, meaning they are not long enough, and she cannot adjust either front row seat low enough. I agree with her but don’t seem to have as much of an issue. They could be longer and the tilt/angle could be more adjustable IMO. I’m 6’ and she is 5’6”. I do miss the Ridgeline seats.
This is one issue i've found in many cars. Not enough lower thigh support. That's what I loved about my Kias, the seats were very well designed. I notice the same issue in my wife's CRV. It's like the seats drop off at the front instead of offering some support.

Last edited:

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
This is one issue i've found in many cars. Not enough lower thigh support. That's what I loved about my Kias, the seats were very well designed. I notice the same issue in my wife's CRV. It's like the seats drop off at the front instead of offering some support.
Exactly. I just had to drive my wife’s 2017 Sportage and the seat difference is quite noticeable. I can adjust to either vehicle though. Guess this officially eliminates us from being a 2 Mav family.

Sponsored

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. I'm 5'6" and I'm comfortable in my husband's lariat, but we haven't had a full-sized truck in awhile now, so maybe that's the comparison? I don't know. Compared to my Toyota sedan, my biggest adjustment is that the Maverick sits a bit higher, and the adjustments are just...different. Like everything else between the two vehicles.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have the same issue. The fact that the bottom seat angle is not adjustable on a $35,000 vehicle is incredible...

OP
OP
chrisehyoung

chrisehyoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the same issue. The fact that the bottom seat angle is not adjustable on a $35,000 vehicle is incredible...
I hear that. I would love to be able to lift the front edge of the seat. I would also love to be able to put the seat back another inch or two. I'm only 6 feet tall but have rather long legs. Not sure how taller people do long drives. The truck is not uncomfortable but it's not comfortable either if you know what I mean.

Reactions: bgn

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What time limit are you implying as I have found the seats in my Maverick XLT to be super comfortable.

I just got back from a 2804 mile vacation trip with several legs over 500 miles long and have found that the seats were the most comfortable and supportive I have had since I owned a 1998 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab. The seats in my Maverick XLT are way better than my previous 2015 Honda Fit Ex and the wife's 2009 Honda CR-V Ex.

MPG stats from 12 days 2804 mile vacation trip in my Maverick Hybrid XLT

OP
OP
chrisehyoung

chrisehyoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What time limit are you implying as I have found the seats in my Maverick XLT to be super comfortable.

I just got back from a 2804 mile vacation trip with several legs over 500 miles long and have found that the seats were the most comfortable and supportive I have had since I owned a 1998 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab. The seats in my Maverick XLT are way better than my previous 2015 Honda Fit Ex and the wife's 2009 Honda CR-V Ex.

MPG stats from 12 days 2804 mile vacation trip in my Maverick Hybrid XLT
I find about 3 hours is the limit. I could do 4-5 in my Kia and be fine. Like I said, the seats aren't uncomfortable but they aren't comfortable either. To me, they're just ok and could be better.
Sponsored