First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As I'm endlessly waiting for my maverick to come in. I'm debating on upgrading from the XLT to the Lariat. I keep going back and forth on it. I'm curious to what everyone's reason were for choosing their trim level. Also has anyone gotten the XLT or Lariat and wish they didn't.
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If I could do it again, I would go Lariat. XLT is fine, but Lariat has some nice small upgrades.

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lariat all the way. It's really not a huge dollar increase and for the added features it comes with it's a no brainer. I was worried I wouldn't like the interior but once I finally got it I love it. Lariat with LUX has it all. Better speakers, Sync3, ACC and so on, it's worth it to me. I got everything but the sunroof and it was just a hair over $32k, you can't beat that in the market. I know 2023 will be slightly higher but so will all it's competitors.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I test drove 2 XLT's with LUX+Everything and while its still a great rig- Lariat just has too many upgrades we didn't want to miss and the Lariat is much quieter- LUX its worth the money to us but then its pretty easy to get up to 35k If AWD/FX4/Etc-

Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went Lariat Lux and have no regrets. I deserve it 😉

Last edited:

reciprocating_ravioli

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think the Lariat is worth it. IMO what you get isn't worth the 3K+ increase. If it came standard with CP360 and ACC - it would be a much much harder choice and I think worth it.

You aren't getting actual leather seats, you aren't getting ventilated seats, upgraded sound system or sync 3/4. Virtually anything that's a real upgrade requires additional options. The lariat trim is basically giving you the privilege of paying more so you can pay more to option it out.

XLT built my way (CP360 and Hitch) = 25,605

Lariat built my way (Lux) = 32,755

Lariat with the same options as the XLT = 29,105

7,105 difference or a 3,500 difference for vinyl seats and some stuff that adds zero value for my taste.

To me the value isn't there.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The volume seller is the XLT because of its great value. It's right in the sweet spot of not too pricey while at the same time having enough features to keep someone happy. However, the Lariat is what I chose because of the fact that you can get it fully-loaded (aside from the FX4 package) right at $35,000. It's such a great value for that reason. That's if you can find an honest, reputable dealer that doesn't do greedy markups. Fortunately that was not the case for me. I've always had to compromise on vehicles in the past so it's nice to finally get what I want by ordering. That's the first time I've ever done that. To answer your second question, I do not regret getting a Lariat in the slightest. I would not want to go backwards to get the XLT, even if it means paying a little more for it. The upgrades such as heated seats, B&O sound system, leather, acoustic windshield, nicer wheels and headlights are totally worthwhile.

Last edited:
Sponsored

SM2535

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The volume seller is the XLT because of its great value. It's right in the sweet spot of not too pricey while at the same time having enough features to keep someone happy. However, the Lariat is what I chose because of the fact that you can get it fully-loaded (aside from the FX4 package) right at $35,000. It's such a great value for that reason. That's if you can find an honest, reputable dealer that doesn't do greedy markups. Fortunately that was not the case for me. I've always had to compromise on vehicles in the past so it's nice to finally get what I want by ordering. That's the first time I've ever done that. To answer your second question, I do not regret my getting a Lariat in the slightest. I would not want to go backwards to get the XLT, even if it means paying a little more for it.
I don't think I could agree with this more. Mine was $36k because I went with the sunroof and power slider. Still ended up costing less in 2022 dollars than my Outback in 2019 dollars when I bought that new.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Whatever floats your boat. I just went back and reviewed the features and came to the same conclusion I did back in october - that the XLT was the right choice and the Lariat had a bunch of stuff I would never use or didn't need.

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am happy with the Lariat Lux - I was in to the Hybrid so it was a good package for $31,400. It has similar features as my VW trade in.
All of the additional features are well worth it.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Think it depends on your situation. Why get the Lariat, if you do 90% or more of your driving non highways. Seen posts on getting leather seats done at around a $500 cost and upgrade the audio after the fact. However if you do some highway mileage and like to take a long road trip, think the Lariat is worth it. The adaptive cruise control is such a nice feature and like to see how good the line centering performs. The seats appealed to me when looking at the Lariat and then the other features sold it to m. It all depends on those two safety items of adaptive cruise control and line centering in my book and how useful are those to you. The other things are nice, which helps sell the stiffer price increase.
Sponsored

Reactions: Aza