Sponsored

Will The Maverick Black Appearance Package Sell Out??

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Black badges/headlights/taillights on top of black interior
Easy option to pick
I’ve just got my eye on the lariat BAP headlights
I love the look of the Lariat interior with HPR plus I’ve swapped wheels already and blacked out my badges (need to paint the grill bar black too)

also for the record I LOVE the XLT interior
Not sure why so many don’t care for it
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Call me ignorant here, but what's the big appeal or selling point of larger rims?
The Lariat comes with 18" standard. I got the 18" black painted wheels as a standalone. Honestly, I think they will fill the wheel well better than the default ones.

Last edited:

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Call me ignorant here, but what's the big appeal or selling point of larger rims?
It fills the wheel wells more, if you look at the Maverick there is a lot of space between the top of the wheel and the bottom of the fender.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with it on my 2023 order. It normally isn't something I would probably go with, but I don't love the brown in the Lariat interior and I think I will prefer all black wheels. If my order isn't scheduled once pictures are out in the wild of the actual package and I don't like it, I'll drop it.

bluedevilruss

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche LTZ, XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For me the Black Appearance Package was an easy yes. I was already planning on changing the wheels on my XLT build and the interior was a slam dunk.

To be honest now seeing the Black Appearance package I don’t think I would want the truck without it……I like it that much.
Same. After seeing that picture I’m hooked on the whole package.

Sponsored

Wiz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hot Pepper Red with BAP on order.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same. After seeing that picture I’m hooked on the whole package.
What picture? I ordered two Mavericks today (blue/red) with the BAP. Love to see any photos.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It fills the wheel wells more, if you look at the Maverick there is a lot of space between the top of the wheel and the bottom of the fender.
17" wheel or 18" wheel the tire diameter is largely unchanged so they don't fill the wheel well any more or less. The only exception is the optional 17" wheels with 235/65R17 tires.

bluedevilruss

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche LTZ, XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What picture? I ordered two Mavericks today (blue/red) with the BAP. Love to see any photos.
This one

Ford Maverick Will The Maverick Black Appearance Package Sell Out?? 17ACFABF-29EB-45F2-A2BA-D5C54324F5EB

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
17" wheel or 18" wheel the tire diameter is largely unchanged so they don't fill the wheel well any more or less. The only exception is the optional 17" wheels with 235/65R17 tires.
For me, it's about the wheel itself taking up more of the wheel well, even if the overall tire is smaller. This comparison below is the two sizes offered on the 22 build tool. To me, the rim-to-tire ratio of the 18s just looks nicer. But I know that will be to each their own. I went with the black painted rims because I also thought they looked nicer.

Ford Maverick Will The Maverick Black Appearance Package Sell Out?? 1663555217183

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do not get the package. Just buy a Shadow black AWD FX/4 and the outside is basically all black, not all shiny black as the plastic is textured but black. Now add the blacked out Ford emblems from ebay and hoorah. LOL.
The major reason to get it the seats . Cant get seats in black .

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would actually prefer 70 series tires on the AWD Maverick like I have on my Ranger. They may not look quite as cool as their lower profile counterparts but for me they seem better suited on an all terrain vehicle plus they put the rim higher up hopefully above those damn granite curbs. :ROFLMAO: Would prolly help fill those fender wells a bit better too but that would depend on several variables.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was going to get the FX4 package primarily to get the black wheels so this package accomplishes that although they are slightly different. I think I will like the black seats better once we get good pictures. If not I could cancel it and go with the Katzkin covers but those are about the price of the black package. I would rather the exterior mirrors stay body color but that's not a deal breaker.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would actually prefer 70 series tires on the AWD Maverick like I have on my Ranger. They may not look quite as cool as their lower profile counterparts but for me they seem better suited on an all terrain vehicle plus they put the rim higher up hopefully above those damn granite curbs. :ROFLMAO: Would prolly help fill those fender wells a bit better too but that would depend on several variables.
Just because its AWD does it mean it really all terrian?

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just because its AWD does it mean it really all terrian?

Well for me it means the logging road up to my wood lot. The road does require a 4x4 or awd to navigate safely at my age. Something I feel safe with. You'll see much more challenging I'm sure but what you won't see is me on them. :)

ford5

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150; 2018 Murano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the exterior look of the BAP. Like many, I'm not a fan of the two-tone Lariat seats and believe the black seats will look much classier. I'm really curious about the interior trim. Hopefully, all of the blue will be replaced with black. Otherwise, I think the blue and black won't look good together. At least that's what my fashion-conscious wife tells me!!
Sponsored