Sponsored

What is your opinion on the Black Appearance Package?

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My opinion, as a fan of the BAP (My 22 Mustang has it) I ordered it blindly when my salesman said it was a new pkg for the year. After seeing actual photos of it, the only thing I like from it are the headlights. That's it, not one other piece of the BAP do I remotely like. Ford missed the bar on this. It clearly states in XLT and Lariat trims they get black door handles. That to me means gloss black like the grille bar and mirror caps, not MIB textured plastic. The interior is not that much different than my current XLT except they removed the orange and "tinted" the whitish plastic. I am not bothered by the orange and actually kind of like the pop of color. They kept the headliner/A/B/C pillars the same off white, which is not different than the XLT now. I couldn't be more happy my truck hasn't been scheduled yet, it gave me time to call my salesman and drop the BAP for the XLT Lux Pkg and change my color to Shadow Black. The pics of the Cactus Gray with BAP Tim posted looked ok at first, but the more I got to thinking about it, with what I have planned, it wouldn't be the look I was going for. Ford just didn't do enough with it. I'm not mad at them for the attempt, I am disappointed in the execution.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a hybrid Lariat w/BAP, Lux, and both CPs on 15 Sept. I thought the BAP was different and thought I was going to like it. I received the confirmation from Ford telling me my order has been placed. I was told by the dealer that I had a 0% chance of it going into production. 45 days later, I got the "We're Sorry" email from Ford. I decided that I'm not playing the waiting game again as I did with my '22 order, so I searched dealer inventories as far away as I was willing to travel. I found a '22 hybrid Lariat w/CP, lux, sunroof, electric rear sliding window, and SIBL. I purchased it and love it! I actually like the wheels with the Hot Pepper Red color, as they perfectly compliment each other. The brown seats and interior also compliment the HPR as well. I decided I really like my Maverick than the '23 with the BAP that I ordered. I was wondering what is with the orange thread on the seats? The XLT has orange in it as well. Is it a signature color for the Maverick? I don't know, but what I do know is that, if my Maverick that I ordered is ever produced, I'm not taking delivery of it. I'm perfectly happy with the one I have. It's a keeper!

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wish the entire interior was black, and I like the black headlights. Don't really care either way about the mirrors and other little stuff.

To me, the whole Navy Pier/Orange stuff is a big "eh, why'd they do that?" kind of question.

Sponsored

GonnaGetItOneDay

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento (sold in September)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a hybrid Lariat w/BAP, Lux, and both CPs on 15 Sept. I thought the BAP was different and thought I was going to like it. I received the confirmation from Ford telling me my order has been placed. I was told by the dealer that I had a 0% chance of it going into production. 45 days later, I got the "We're Sorry" email from Ford. I decided that I'm not playing the waiting game again as I did with my '22 order, so I searched dealer inventories as far away as I was willing to travel. I found a '22 hybrid Lariat w/CP, lux, sunroof, electric rear sliding window, and SIBL. I purchased it and love it! I actually like the wheels with the Hot Pepper Red color, as they perfectly compliment each other. The brown seats and interior also compliment the HPR as well. I decided I really like my Maverick than the '23 with the BAP that I ordered. I was wondering what is with the orange thread on the seats? The XLT has orange in it as well. Is it a signature color for the Maverick? I don't know, but what I do know is that, if my Maverick that I ordered is ever produced, I'm not taking delivery of it. I'm perfectly happy with the one I have. It's a keeper!
If you really have no intention of taking your 23, you should call your dealership and tell them to cancel the order so that someone who ordered and is going to take their order can get scheduled.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you really have no intention of taking your 23, you should call your dealership and tell them to cancel the order so that someone who ordered and is going to take their order can get scheduled.
I already notified the dealer as soon as I bought the Lariat, so they're aware of it.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's not how it works. Dealer keeps the order in and just keeps it for themselves to sell as a stock unit with a markup. No dealer is dumb enough to actually cancel a special order when a customer says they don't want it.

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I already notified the dealer as soon as I bought the Lariat, so they're aware of it.
You made their day. Big markup coming for them. You should have taken possession and flipped it on your own.

Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You should do this, you should do that. Nope, flipping isn't for me.
Understandable, there is some risk and a decent amount of work involved. Maybe the dealer won't even mark up your abandoned order and someone will get a chance to buy it. Some dealers out there understand that referral business and reputation mean something and are unwilling to markup vehicles, smart business. Glad you found a truck that works for you, enjoy it.

brucerob62

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gmc terrain
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You made their day. Big markup coming for them. You should have taken possession and flipped it on your own.
what I plan on doing with my 22 i got in October its a hybrid xlt with lux ..my 23 EB with lux and co pilot is on order and will c what i do when it comes in see if my hybrid holds its value

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To me, the whole Navy Pier/Orange stuff is a big "eh, why'd they do that?" kind of question.
Seriously. It seems so odd. The Navy Pier/Orange nonsense should be a package of its own, and they should offer black and gray interior options like normal vehicles. I can't imagine they are saving much money by only making most of the interior parts in that dumb blue color, compared to any other color.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Would the B appearance package eliminate the blue from the interior? I was looking at the guide and it seems like it won't. I think it will just replace some of the pieces, like when it says interior accents-door trim and instrument panel to me doesn't seem like the whole door panel. I'm not a fan of the blue interior and I ordered the lariat and was thinking about the BAP to get rid of the blue but what do y'all think? Will the BAP replace the whole interior to black?
The Long MacArthur Ford guy recently did a episode on that.
Sponsored