Sponsored

What is your opinion on the Black Appearance Package?

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Would the B appearance package eliminate the blue from the interior? I was looking at the guide and it seems like it won't. I think it will just replace some of the pieces, like when it says interior accents-door trim and instrument panel to me doesn't seem like the whole door panel. I'm not a fan of the blue interior and I ordered the lariat and was thinking about the BAP to get rid of the blue but what do y'all think? Will the BAP replace the whole interior to black?
Sponsored

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The black appearance package hasnā€™t shown up on a display yet, but I donā€˜t think so.

The Temor with black interior on display at the Detroit show still had Navy Pier door panels and dash top.

All the Maverick interior parts are the same, just shot in different colors. BAP is just the marketing teamā€™s way of ripping off people who are lathered up over the current black trend.

mjkladis

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Itā€™s going to have the XLā€™s black dash and door trims and a black cloth for the XLT seats. Itā€™s a profit maker for Ford but who really cares.

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Itā€™s going to have the XLā€™s black dash and door trims and a black cloth for the XLT seats. Itā€™s a profit maker for Ford but who really cares.
For the light colored lower dash and door sections, yes - same as XL. But the main door panel and upper dash are still the same Navy Pier as every other Maverick.

Pretty clever, putting XL parts in an XLT/Lariat and charging more for it.

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd be happy with my truck just appearing!

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'll be extremely happy if the BAP on Lariat has cloth seats. Didn't really want ActiveX to begin with, but went Lariat to be able to get ACC. But since my order acceptance letter says Onyx black vinyl seats, I suspect that the Facebook post is wrong. (Gasp! Imagine that!)

ford5

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150; 2018 Murano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've ordered the BAP with Iconic Silver Metallic but have the same questions. How much of the interior will still be Navy Pier (dark blue to me)? I questioned my salesman and he doesn't know for sure. His and my best guess is that much of the blue will remain with black seats and black door and dash trim. I'm not sure I'll like this combination and was hoping the interior would be all black.

AGW078

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'll be extremely happy if the BAP on Lariat has cloth seats. Didn't really want ActiveX to begin with, but went Lariat to be able to get ACC. But since my order acceptance letter says Onyx black vinyl seats, I suspect that the Facebook post is wrong. (Gasp! Imagine that!)
Lariat BAP has Activ-x seating.
Ford Maverick What is your opinion on the Black Appearance Package? 7E252ADE-7046-489B-92FF-A6C574FC46B3

pcbliss

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Cactus Gray XLT Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really suspect the interior will look just like the Tremor minus the Tremor logos. There are some pretty good pictures and videos of that interior out there. All the navy blue stuff is still navy blue. The accent panels are what are black. The chart above shows "Key Interior Colors: Navy Pier" for all trims and packages.

Hew

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Taurus sel
"Hey, blue on black, tears on a river..." I ordered BAP for the 18" wheels and exterior touches hoping it makes it look a bit less cheap as it's an XLT, but I know the interior is about to be... clashy. That said the less orange the better IMHO".

Strongly debating switching to black on black vs the CG on black I ordered but might be too cliche. Either way it's going to be the most badass 40+mpg you've ever seen ;D

Anyone have an idea as to when we'll be able to see what the BAP wheels look like?

Last edited:
Sponsored

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Assuming it looks like the Tremor interior, it should look really nice. Just enough dark blue to give it some color, without the gaudy orange.

Ford Maverick What is your opinion on the Black Appearance Package? 1663968742706

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Assuming it looks like the Tremor interior, it should look really nice. Just enough dark blue to give it some color, without the gaudy orange.

1663968742706.png
I really love that interior.

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

1663968742706.png
Agree removal of the gawd awful Orange is going to be wonderful.

23MAVLariatAWD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RECEIVED '23 Hybrid Lariat Mav Oxford White BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interior looks great if like that but don't forget the exterior grill, door handles, bezzles in lights, black badges, plus the 18" black wheels which imo look better than any other wheel offered on the mav. Nice option Ford āš”

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Interior looks great if like that but don't forget the exterior grill, door handles, bezzles in lights, black badges, plus the 18" black wheels which imo look better than any other wheel offered on the mav. Nice option Ford āš”
I mostly got it for the seats (hate the brown two tone on the Lariat), and the wheels, but the rest are nice touches too!
Sponsored