Sponsored

Will The Maverick Black Appearance Package Sell Out??

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everything will sell out
Exactly. Considering it's already been announced that the order banks are already being shut down after one week I think it's a good bet that trim and package will sell out quickly.
I like everything in the black appearance package except for the black wheels. I wish there was another way to get the black ActiveX seats on a Lariat Hybrid.
Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can't get the BAP with FX4 so that may either lower the amount of people wanting it or the FX4 package for that matter. Either or lessens the demand on the other.

The black package is pretty much the Tremor interior minus the Tremor letters I wager. Which looks pretty decent but I also think the standard lariat is really well done as well. Much better in person than it looks in any picture or video.

turbopro

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would like to know how much of a constraint the package could be, if any.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I like everything in the BAP except the black mirrors and doors if it's the outside ones. Just makes it look cheaper.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With all the interest in the black appearance will it be obtainable????
  • Black Appearance Package (optional on XLT and Lariat trims) 10%
Yes because the seats in the XLT are hideous. My dealer told me that the Black appearance package also contains a black interior. I had not heard this before.

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Black interior probably looks better on the Lariat than the blue and brown mix.

$800 for aftermarket black rims. So ~$700 for an interior that looks nicer why not
THe Black package has 18" rims, so you need to purchase tires, that is about $1900 total.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, the truck will still be all black except now for the wheels, so those could be dipped. Still cheaper than the 1500 or so it costs. Just basically thinking out loud. LOL
My point is, that the Black package comes with more than just rims and Tires upgrade. I'm all for DYI, but if I went that route, the rims I'd pick out would be about what the package cost. So just easier to pick the package. Now, my M5 is a whole different game. My rims alone were 5K, but I also decreased the wheel weight by about 2.2 lbs per side. My maverick doesn't do 0-60 in 3 sec either.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My point is, that the Black package comes with more than just rims and Tires upgrade. I'm all for DYI, but if I went that route, the rims I'd pick out would be about what the package cost. So just easier to pick the package. Now, my M5 is a whole different game. My rims alone were 5K, but I also decreased the wheel weight by about 2.2 lbs per side. My maverick doesn't do 0-60 in 3 sec either.
Valid points. (y) I think my idea may work better for those of us that are already getting the FX/4 and getting the black wheels and are not into it to the level to be concerned about also getting a black interior. Some of us love the XLT interior, some of us hate it with a passion. LOL.

0-60 in 3 secs? Does it have a 7 speed manual? 6 forward gears and "Dearly beloved we are gathered here today? :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For me the Black Appearance Package was an easy yes. I was already planning on changing the wheels on my XLT build and the interior was a slam dunk.

To be honest now seeing the Black Appearance package I don’t think I would want the truck without it……I like it that much.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Valid points. (y) I think my idea may work better for those of us that are already getting the FX/4 and getting the black wheels and are not into it to the level to be concerned about also getting a black interior. Some of us love the XLT interior, some of us hate it with a passion. LOL.

0-60 in 3 secs? Does it have a 7 speed manual? 6 forward gears and "Dearly beloved we are gathered here today? :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
8 spd auto, 870 hp Rear wheel, methanol injected ;) I wouldn't get that 0-60 if it wasn't for Launch Control.

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
8 spd auto, 870 hp Rear wheel, methanol injected ;) I wouldn't get that 0-60 if it wasn't for Launch Control.
Impressive. (y)

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For me the Black Appearance Package was an easy yes. I was already planning on changing the wheels on my XLT build and the interior was a slam dunk.

To be honest now seeing the Black Appearance package I don’t think I would want the truck without it……I like it that much.
BAP gets the same seats you'd otherwise get in the trim, but in full black.

Ford Maverick Will The Maverick Black Appearance Package Sell Out?? 1663516811414

The package includes:

Ford Maverick Will The Maverick Black Appearance Package Sell Out?? 1663516854912

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Impressive. (y)
Thanks, it's fun; my maverick is my daily driver. It will be interesting to see who gets their 23 first. We ordered and confirmed the same day.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, it's fun; my maverick is my daily driver. It will be interesting to see who gets their 23 first. We ordered and confirmed the same day.
Yep, it will be fun. I do have one constraint with the XLT Lux package but that is it as far as I know. As much as I love it, it will be time to retire my 17 year old Ranger which owes me nothing. :LOL:

fordluvr44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
THe Black package has 18" rims, so you need to purchase tires, that is about $1900 total.
Call me ignorant here, but what's the big appeal or selling point of larger rims?
Sponsored