Sponsored

Which Maverick trim model did you get and why?

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A loaded cactus gray hybrid lariat with mud flaps, window wind deflectors, carpeted floor mats, tailgate anti theft lock.
Why? I want the gas mileage I want the convenience and usefullness of small truck. I upgraded to lariat because I want all the creature comforts and the Kick-Ass sound system. Had Ford offered ventilated heated / cooled seats I would have gotten that option as well.
If I want to haul/tow heavy stuff or carry a load of big stuff, I have a long bed F250.
Day to day commutes, being able to stop off at Home Depot etc, this truck is exactly what I've been waiting for.
I predict Ford will sell the hell out of it to companies for fleet use, and I think a lot of construction guys are going to get it as well. It will be perfect as a pool cleaning service or do basic home handyman stuff truck. If it lives up to the hype I think Ford has hit a home run.
As it stands now my only concern is how good the seats are. I've read reviews that the seats in the Escape are so so at best.
I dont know about the new escapes but my wife's 14 titanium seats were great
Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XLT -cruise control (I wish it were standard on XL)
Hybrid - I think it has the potential to last longer than the turbo. I don't trust turbos. Also, the transmission is mechanically, beautifully simple. Ought to have lower cost of ownership, too.
Oxford white - just looks right!
Full size spare - really Ford...a doughnut... On a truck?
Trailer hitch - always good to have
Air deflectors - so I can crack my Windows and not worry about it if it rains.
110v AC in cabin - I wish it were in the bed, but apparently that's LUXURY for ya.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A loaded cactus gray hybrid lariat with mud flaps, window wind deflectors, carpeted floor mats, tailgate anti theft lock.
Why? I want the gas mileage I want the convenience and usefullness of small truck. I upgraded to lariat because I want all the creature comforts and the Kick-Ass sound system. Had Ford offered ventilated heated / cooled seats I would have gotten that option as well.
If I want to haul/tow heavy stuff or carry a load of big stuff, I have a long bed F250.
Day to day commutes, being able to stop off at Home Depot etc, this truck is exactly what I've been waiting for.
I predict Ford will sell the hell out of it to companies for fleet use, and I think a lot of construction guys are going to get it as well. It will be perfect as a pool cleaning service or do basic home handyman stuff truck. If it lives up to the hype I think Ford has hit a home run.
As it stands now my only concern is how good the seats are. I've read reviews that the seats in the Escape are so so at best.
Damn! Please share pics when you get it.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rapid Red Lariat loaded. I've needed and played with buying a used truck for the occasional Home Depot runs. Have a 2015 Prius and don't want to lose the 40mpg.... Prayers were answered....... Plus I'm looking at 70 and decided to go all out ..... had a red truck as a kid... might as well have the last vehicle be a bigger (not much) Red truck
Hell yes! Treat yourself.

Unforgiven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto blue hybrid lariat maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Alto blue hybrid Lariat luxury package. I will be getting after market black wheels because I don’t like either of the options for the lariat. (I do like the ones on the xlt though and wish I could have them on mine in 18s).

filling up my 2019 f150 the past few months have made the switch to a hybrid for my daily drive an easy decision.

Sponsored

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
XL, 360 (simply for the power mirrors which helps with trailering), AWD, 2.0, 4K Tow, AS/Carpeted mats, spray-in Bedliner, sliding window. For me, this represents the best value in utility.

Last edited:

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I need a replacement for my 2006 Element 2wd. This Truck will fill the bill and give me 15 mpg more than I am getting now. The doors will be easier in a parking lot than the suicide doors on the element and there is a BED to put dirty junk in. WIN WIN! And it will be the first hybrid I have owned.
hybrid XLT
LUX
Rear sliding window
Spray in liner
Area51

Cant Wait!

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a Lariat, AWD, 2.0, luxury pkg, 4k towing, tonneau soft cover, and floor liners. I'm a DIY guy and my wife is tired of me destroying our SUVs with hauling plywood and 2 x 4's.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid Lariat Lux w hard roll up tonneau.

Hybrid, because I can't pass-up great mpg in a pickup. I want AWD, but FWD is the next best thing, and I can't pass-up 40ish city mpg.

Lariat for the upgraded seating material and acoustic windshield.

Luxury package for the upgraded sound bed liner and heated seats, mirrors, wiper park, and steering wheel. I have never had heated seats and want them.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Lariat Lux 2.0 AWD with the FX4 package and a moonroof in Velocity Blue. Planning on getting the Wildpeaks because the stock Pirellis are absolute garbage and Ford should be ashamed for offering them.

First new vehicle purchase and wanted to treat myself.

Sponsored
OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Alto blue hybrid Lariat luxury package. I will be getting after market black wheels because I don’t like either of the options for the lariat. (I do like the ones on the xlt though and wish I could have them on mine in 18s).

filling up my 2019 f150 the past few months have made the switch to a hybrid for my daily drive an easy decision.
I'll trade you my xlt wheels for your lariat

SHBGuerrilla

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, Cyber Orange 2.0
2.0L XLT in Cyber Orange w/ fx4,4k, and 360 and a spray in liner. I need something I can haul a boat or take into the muddy mountain trails to go fishing and hunting. But at the same time, I don't want people calling me to move their couch or 80 bags of concrete all the time. Sometimes being underestimated comes in handy.

The predicted fuel economy is also a huge step up for any soft-road capable truck I can stand to afford especially with the used market as it is right now.

Also, the orange will be easy to find in the parking lot and will make me more visible on the road. There is a time and place for being a low-profile grey blur, but it isn't in a snow storm.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I waffled over AWD but since I never get off paved roads nor does it snow where I live it wasn't worth the xtra money to me. I wanted a XLT with 4k but still late avail so ordered a Lariat with 4k which is not. Both the XLT and Lariat lux packages had some nice stuff but not enough for me to spring for the xtra money. My order is: Lariat (CG) 2.0, 4k, 360, FS spare, floor liner/mats, spray in bed liner.

Last edited:

mttmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Chrysler Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Velocity Blue XL, 2.0 AWD, Blis,4k Towing Package. Deleted Spray in Bed Liner.

I wanted an economical truck with good gas mileage and Ford completely hit it out of the park with this. I picked the XL Package for the value. I also love the Steelies on the XL Package.

Deleted member 1483

I ordered XLT Hybrid, Area51. No packages. Accessories include, spray in bed liner, soft tonneau cover, tow hitch, cabin power outlet. I did not get my scheduling email yet.

I was going to get the XL however I wanted the bed cubby, rear console, blind spot mirrors (I don't want copilot without ACC) and cruise control. The XL lacking cruise control was probably the big one. I take very long trips where I am the only car on the road.

Also I plan to drive this truck for 150,000 miles or more, it might as well be a little bit nicer.

I went with hybrid over ecoboost. I have a 2.0 ecoboost now and I find it is more than enough performance, so I would rather trade it off for something novel and better mpg.
Sponsored