Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you like HPL, Amsoil, or Redline oils, because we think they put in some cool chemicals, ..... but you insist on a company having real certifications that prove overall performance too, then you can have both:

One way to satisfy 2 requirements at once:

1. Base oil is majority PAO, with minority POE, AN, and/or GroupIII trim, the finest base oils.

2. Has a ton of certifications to prove overall suitability & performance. No cheaply skipping certs.

Solution:
Ravenol EFS Eco Fullsynth 0w-20 for Mav Hyb engines
Ravenol REP Racing Extra Performance 5w-30 for Mav Ecoboost engines
ravenolamerica.com blauparts.com amazon.com has them, not sure about amazon all the time.

That is the only oil Brand I know of that gets crazy-good with their base oils sometimes, defying bean-counter business logic, and still goes out and gets genuine certifications as PROOF. ( HPL, Amsoil SS, and Redline Performance line, doesn't bother getting certs, you would just have to trust them and guess.)
As you probably know, certs cost a fortune, and are prohibitive for small blenders like HPL. I have been to HPL in Manteno, IL, toured their facility and have had lengthy conversations with David Ward, the owner. I have complete trust in this American product.

There is of course, nothing wrong with Ravenol. Great oil too.
Sponsored

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because mine is still under warranty, I took it to Ford for the 10k miles service. Oil, filter, tire rotation, brake pad check, and fluid top ups for $79.95. After I get thru the warranty period, I’ll do it myself.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Man, threads about oil ALWAYS generate controversy and bring out such passionate opinions. Not bashing anyone; it's just an interesting thing to see.
Sponsored

Reactions: bgn