Sponsored

What to do with your used Maverick motor oil.

AncientMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid XLT Cactus Grey, 23 Hybrid XLT Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
wait, what? You mean I’m supposed to change the oil???? Dang it, wish someone told me about this sooner! 😉
Sponsored

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was wondering why my tomatoes went down so easy. My carrots tasted strong too. 😊 Dispose your used oil in the proper matter! Recycle. Popular Science the good old days.
Oil 7.jpg
Man, I don't believe what I'm seeing!!! For the last 20 or 30 years, every town I have lived in had at least one gas station that would take your old oil and oil filter. They usually have a big drum out back that the recycle folks empty periodically.

05FordGT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion Energi(lease), 2006 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For anyone who doesn't have a place to take their used oil, any normal franchise car dealership will happily take it. Why? Most of them have their heaters for the shop run off of waste oil. So for them to get extra oil to fuel their heaters, they take it. It's what I've always done with the oil from my Mustang when I change it. 👍

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Model T's require an oil change every 500 miles. No oil filter and tranny uses the same oil the engine does. Our village DPW has a tank a few miles away where they store all their vehicles. Open to the public, so it gets dumped there.

Sponsored

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This isnt a question id answer lol. Dont need the EPA showing up lol.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
AutoZone,walmart , ECT , and most shops will recycle your oil at no cost .

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oil is so last century. In 2024 we have declining sperm counts, possibly caused by the microplastic beads that are in us and everything we eat. I think we will soon have a plastic Godzilla rise out of the oceans to incinerate all humanity with red hot beams of molten plastic.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061722/characters/nm0111754

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They charge you an oil disposal fee? Man I hate stealerships. They probably get paid to recycle that amount of oil. I know the fleet of Peterbilts and Kenworths I worked for in CA did because it was essentially a tax write off. Pretty sad when there are places that do it for free and the dealership tacks on another fee to rip people off. I know it might be pennies to you, but for millions of people it adds up in their favor.
Tell them to put the used oil in the containers the new oil came in and you will dispose of it yourself. Take it to your local auto parts store, or build a used-oil stove to heat your workshop.
Tempted to ask for the remainder of the 'gasket maker' when charged for a 'tube' of same. Some ill-mannered mumble-word came up with charging for 'shop supplies' that should be included in the service fee. I change my own.

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What a waste! The county used to take oil and spray it from a tank truck onto dirt roads to keep the dust down.

Sounds environmentally irresponsible, until you remember that asphalt is merely thick oil and gravel.
That's what they used to do at the campground I went to when I was a kid.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man, I don't believe what I'm seeing!!! For the last 20 or 30 years, every town I have lived in had at least one gas station that would take your old oil and oil filter. They usually have a big drum out back that the recycle folks empty periodically.
The town I grew up in had a company that collected used and either filtered or distilled the used motor oil and sold it in some of the stations. I forget the brand.

CajunMick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, you guys are bringing back memories! Remember visiting your distant families during the summer in the south? Remember the mosquitos that came out at dusk? Remember your aunt or grandmother grabbing the BlackFlag pump spray can and then spraying the poison in the air all around all of you that were sitting on the front porch? Remember the smell? Ahh yes! The good ol' days of DDT, lead and oil!
When a young fella in 50s, rigged a small fuel tank/reservoir with needle valve to lawn mower handle bars, ran hose to copper tubing welded to engine exhaust pipe/muffle. Filled that fuel tank with diesel mixed with DDT. Ran mower with minute flow to exhaust. Fogged for mosquitoes.
Yep, you guys are bringing back memories! Remember visiting your distant families during the summer in the south? Remember the mosquitos that came out at dusk? Remember your aunt or grandmother grabbing the BlackFlag pump spray can and then spraying the poison in the air all around all of you that were sitting on the front porch? Remember the smell? Ahh yes! The good ol' days of DDT, lead and oil!

RobertD

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XLT FX4 - 4K - 360; 23 F150 KR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I get to the point where I need to get rid of used oil I usually have 10-20 gallons of it. Most places will only take 5 gallons max. I have found that Advanced Auto near me will take all I have if their tank has room. I have only seen their tank near full once. They also take used oil filters. I let my oil filters drain for at least 2 weeks and then put them in a bucket. This keeps the oil dripping to a minimum.

No one that I have used charges for disposing of the used oil.

OP
OP
Grand Nat.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They charge you an oil disposal fee? Man I hate stealerships. They probably get paid to recycle that amount of oil. I know the fleet of Peterbilts and Kenworths I worked for in CA did because it was essentially a tax write off. Pretty sad when there are places that do it for free and the dealership tacks on another fee to rip people off. I know it might be pennies to you, but for millions of people it adds up in their favor.
[/QUOT
I took it to Auto Zone and they have it recycled.

Though, for the Maverick, I'll just pay the oil disposal fee at the dealership and let them deal with it after they change my oil.
When I get to the point where I need to get rid of used oil I usually have 10-20 gallons of it. Most places will only take 5 gallons max. I have found that Advanced Auto near me will take all I have if their tank has room. I have only seen their tank near full once. They also take used oil filters. I let my oil filters drain for at least 2 weeks and then put them in a bucket. This keeps the oil dripping to a minimum.

No one that I have used charges for disposing of the used oil.
I also accumulate 5 gallons or more before I return the used oil. In NY all auto service centers and auto part store that sell oil must accept used motor. I guess that includes Walmart that has a service center too.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Times are changing, at least in some areas. Local Jiffy Lube, etc type oil changing places 10-15 yrs ago SOLD their oil to companies that reprocessed oil for various uses. Now the oil reprocessing companies (in my area) charge the Jiffy Lube, etc type stores to take their oil. Jiffy Lube used to allow people to dump their oil in their tanks...now they don't want it since they have to pay to get rid of it.

My farm tractor takes 20 qts of oil per change so it has become a problem getting rid of oil.
Sponsored

Last edited: