Sponsored

What to do with your used Maverick motor oil.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was wondering why my tomatoes went down so easy. My carrots tasted strong too. 😊 Dispose your used oil in the proper matter! Recycle. Popular Science the good old days.
Ford Maverick What to do with your used Maverick motor oil. Oil 7
Sponsored

Last edited:

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I used to pour mine along the fence line where I lived. Easier than mowing that close and cheaper than grass killer. Then the city banned that, and I realized that the fence posts themselves had screw on caps. Wait until dark, unscrew a cap and pour it into the hollow pipe type of fence post.
That was many years ago. I now take it to oil recycling places. O course, for all I know, they just dump it someplace.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I pour mine in the ditch. It makes such pretty colors!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Grand Nat.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I used to pour mine along the fence line where I lived. Easier than mowing that close and cheaper than grass killer. Then the city banned that, and I realized that the fence posts themselves had screw on caps. Wait until dark, unscrew a cap and pour it into the hollow pipe type of fence post.
That was many years ago. I now take it to oil recycling places. O course, for all I know, they just dump it someplace.
It does make great weed killer. Might be safer then Round up.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yep, you guys are bringing back memories! Remember visiting your distant families during the summer in the south? Remember the mosquitos that came out at dusk? Remember your aunt or grandmother grabbing the BlackFlag pump spray can and then spraying the poison in the air all around all of you that were sitting on the front porch? Remember the smell? Ahh yes! The good ol' days of DDT, lead and oil!

OP
OP
Grand Nat.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yep, you guys are bringing back memories! Remember visiting your distant families during the summer in the south? Remember the mosquitos that came out at dusk? Remember your aunt or grandmother grabbing the BlackFlag pump spray can and then spraying the poison in the air all around all of you that were sitting on the front porch? Remember the smell? Ahh yes! The good ol' days of DDT, lead and oil!

OP
OP
Grand Nat.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You're so right I love sarcasm it's amazing I'm still alive. 😊

Sponsored

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bring it to the local fire dept and they use it to heat the station.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

During my grade school years, I spent the summers on my aunt and uncles farm. One of my chores was to spray the cows with ddt with a hand held sprayer while they were in their stantions waiting to be milked.
The milk was poured into a hand operated separator. I turned the crank. Hanging on a nail was a tin cup. Covered of course with the ddt mist. As I cranked, I would capture a cup full of warm, fresh cream and drink it. Quite a few cups at each milking.
All these many years later, I am usually not bothered by mosquitoes. I think it's the ddt present in my blood and cells.
They see me as a threat. 🐄😆

Last edited: