First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD 18" rims Cactus Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The factory intercooler is way undersized and the intake air temps get extremely high very quickly. The shutters are there to control temps when it's cold, we delete those with our intercooler upgrade. The pressure drop is less with our large bar and plate core, the ECU is constantly struggling to restrict power/torque, so gains can be made with bolt ons, our intake is one of the top power adders we've changed that the tune didn't try to limit the gains, the tuning is needed to realize all the full potential of the added parts.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Charlie Daubitz

Charlie Daubitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If pressure drop is the problem, fine, advertise the flow ratings of each with the pressure drop across them. For whatever reason you just advertised the temp rise. Thank you for the reply.

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If pressure drop is the problem, fine, advertise the flow ratings of each with the pressure drop across them. For whatever reason you just advertised the temp rise. Thank you for the reply.
Pressure drop across a restrictive core is always a problem but there isn't a pre/post pressure sensor on the truck and we didn't drill/tap sensors to monitor. THAT's why I advertised temps only.

OP
OP
Charlie Daubitz

Charlie Daubitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have both flow tested and post the results, just a sales tool for you. Calculating the difference in the V/E between the two ( so far above my abilities ) may also be telling.

Last edited:

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Charlie Daubitz

Charlie Daubitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see the BMW 2.0 turbo has 300 hp. Has anyone actually researched the Maverick motor to see how to get more HP. I've looked at all the you tube videos and it seems the the intercooler is undersized. Anyone modified past the cat for improvements?
If you see anyone making a performance one of these air ducts, let me know, the stock one seems tiny and a restriction. I don't like K&N's, they are too dirty and the stock filter seems to me large enough. The tube to the air inlet looks under size

Ford Maverick What holds the 2.0 back? 20220313_181911

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would like to know what can be done to get it to 275hp. That seems like an easily obtainable number

OP
OP
Charlie Daubitz

Charlie Daubitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've read several places the electronic throttle body limits the horsepower, has anyone tried a manual throttle body?

Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As long as you don't want the factory warranty, go ahead and mod. But mod and you probably can say goodbye to the factory warranty. Problem with making more power is that there will always be someone faster. Spend thousands of dollars to add power to the 2.0L and a stock Corvette or Hemi Challenger pulls up next to you at a stoplight and blows your doors off anyways.

Deleted member 6544

As long as you don't want the factory warranty, go ahead and mod. But mod and you probably can say goodbye to the factory warranty. Problem with making more power is that there will always be someone faster. Spend thousands of dollars to add power to the 2.0L and a stock Corvette or Hemi Challenger pulls up next to you at a stoplight and blows your doors off anyways.
Some folks just don't get it.

Cward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
I see the BMW 2.0 turbo has 300 hp. Has anyone actually researched the Maverick motor to see how to get more HP. I've looked at all the you tube videos and it seems the the intercooler is undersized. Anyone modified past the cat for improvements?
BMW 2.0 Turbo is 255 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque stock.

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want to see someone take an AWD EB and turn it into RWD with a Porsche rear-wheel manual transmission and a replacement engine up front.
Sponsored