First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really would like to see a slightly larger turbo upgrade and better flowing DP. Im actually considering buying a new turbo assembly from Ford and having the housing ported and a slightly larger wheel assembly installed for better flow... Just antsy to make more power, Currently running a 93 oct performance tune from Unleashed, 3" Raceworks CAI, Magnaflow exhaust and Buschur FMIC. Pulls really aggressive now but that undersized turbo and DP are whats holding it back. I bet with a decent port job and wheel assembly, it could make another 30-50whp after a tune revision and perhaps injectors to keep it a lil safer.
Any dragy runs with your setup? I'm running a 4" intake and BCB 93 adaptive tune. My best 0-60 is 5.7 in a +980 DA.
Sponsored

Jwhisl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really would like to see a slightly larger turbo upgrade and better flowing DP. Im actually considering buying a new turbo assembly from Ford and having the housing ported and a slightly larger wheel assembly installed for better flow... Just antsy to make more power, Currently running a 93 oct performance tune from Unleashed, 3" Raceworks CAI, Magnaflow exhaust and Buschur FMIC. Pulls really aggressive now but that undersized turbo and DP are whats holding it back. I bet with a decent port job and wheel assembly, it could make another 30-50whp after a tune revision and perhaps injectors to keep it a lil safer.
Check out the Garrett powermax turbo for the focus. It looks exactly the same as what we have with the exception of the electronic wastegate and it's supposed to be good for 350 horsepower at the wheels. I'm wondering if it will work with minor changes

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 CC XLT, 21 F150 RCSB, 22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check out the Garrett powermax turbo for the focus. It looks exactly the same as what we have with the exception of the electronic wastegate and it's supposed to be good for 350 horsepower at the wheels. I'm wondering if it will work with minor changes
I'll look into it. Thanks.

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll look into it. Thanks.
Hi,
I JUST saw this thread. Did you try the Garrett turbo? If so, how do you like it?
If not, did you just forget upgrading the turbo?
Sponsored