Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honestly the only thing I truly am upset about is the rear seat being a bench. Gonna make my plans to rip it out and build a platform a lot harder. The original plan was to rip out the 60 part and build a platform for my milwaukee packout drawers then leave the 40 part for the two times in ten years I ever have had a backseat passenger. I guess now Im just gonna tear the whole thing out and build the platform across the whole back seat.

Everything else is fine. I dont care in the slightest about having cruise control, I 1000% prefer having a real key for startup, all the tie downs and stuff can be added later on to the Xl so no problem there. The whole rest of the truck is great overall in its base XL trim. Toss on the 4k tow package and 110v charge port for my tool charger and Im set. And of course option on the 2.0 and awd, thats obvious.
Sponsored

darkvesperia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade
Honestly the interior styling and maybe the colors. Hoping it won't be as bad in person or it will grow on me

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What I like least about this lovely little colt is that it is too new. This is the first time for me to buy a model in its first generation. Plus, the hybrid version, which I booked, has a brand new electric motor. And the ECVT production line is totally new as well. But the Maverick is too attractive for me. If I had to risk buying a newly designed vehicle, I would rather bet on Maverick.

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
I would have to say the frontal area, I think it's basically the same as the Bronco Sport. In that respect I've heard the BS's road/wind noise is a bit high at highway speeds. Something like this is very difficult to remedy. I'll probably wait till a Test is available and check things out myself w/ a decibel app. or meter.

Sponsored

HYENA13

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My gripes are pretty minor; really more of a want list for the '23 model.
1. Fog lights standard on xlt and lariat trims
2. stake pockets standard on all trim levels so that a rack or siding can allow deeper cargo loads / roof loading

Finnicky stuff: Wish the gear shift was on/near the column instead of the console area. Would like a console/folding seat combo to enable 6 occupants.

Again all of these things are incredibly minor grievances, given the price of the truck and the bang for the buck.

Karmic

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I wish I could get the all the goodies in the Lariat with the XLT interior. That brown is what turned me off the Bronco Sport. Would love AWD, but I'll use that once or twice a year. Hybrid I'll use every day.

Pairof98s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2020 4Runner
I was hoping for proximity key access and push button start without having to go to the Lariat Luxury package. XLT Luxury suits my needs otherwise for $4k less. The folks that have seen them in person speak very highly of the XLT "unique cloth" interior, even favor it above the brown vinyl in the Lariat. I saw the brown in a Cactus Grey Bronco Sport and was highly impressed with the entire package, which eases the unknown of the Maverick since it is on the same platform. I'm hoping for upper 20's MPG on the 2.0 FX4.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wish I could get the all the goodies in the Lariat with the XLT interior. That brown is what turned me off the Bronco Sport. Would love AWD, but I'll use that once or twice a year. Hybrid I'll use every day.
technically, the AWD is "on" all the time isn't it? So you would "use it" every time you drive the truck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jukebox Nero

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
technically, the AWD is "on" all the time isn't it? So you would "use it" every time you drive the truck.
How many people here remember when you needed to stop the vehicle with the wheels pointed straight, then climb out and turn the hub locks on the wheels to engage 4WD?

Ford Maverick What do you like LEAST about the Maverick? hubs

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I wanted more than one shade of white for XLT+ trims, not just the government fleet white...but I'll probably end up getting it anyways 🤣

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Turns out it's Ford dealers. I will go to my mechanic for service.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Hopefully the aftermarket or Ford accessory can service the lack of damped tailgate feature.
Sponsored