First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before you get all over me about being a hater, relax, I loved my Maverick… mostly. I thought I’d post a last post for those who want to know how their trucks will hold value, and why I made the move for any who care.
First things first youll be happy to know that if you take care of your maverick itll hold value (for the first term of depreciation at least) very well. For reference I had a:
22’ xlt
Eco awd
Tow package
Katzkin interior

Normally you cant flip a 2 year old high milage car for positive equity, but the Maverick is incredibly popular and still somewhat supply constrained… its also gone through some hefty price increases in 2 years. hence the following

(all these numbers will be canadian… sorry)
I paid 31k sticker price in may 2022. 2 years and 60000km later (60000km is the factory warranty limit in canada) they gave me 29000. In the private market my truck is selling for low 30s it seems.

reasons for the trade:
The tldr is i wanted to get my wife a new car. (2024 redesigned kia sorento) i was going to trade in her old car (2020 sorento). However the mav was worth a bit more (4000 i think… same amount of positive equity but higher tax savings) and the more i thought about it… despite the mav being 2 years newer and how much i did like that little thing… kia is just so much better at designing interiors than ford is that my wife’s old car is just plain nicer to drive around as a commuter than the maverick. Dont get me wrong. I think the maverick is the best lower budget interior ford makes. But lets be honest… despite having made vehicles for 100 years… ford has not figured out the interior fit and finish thing. Its the material choices, styling and placement of the important dash items, the cost of ‘luxury’ items that many other cars come standard with or at least in a mid trim (leather and heating packages), and the friggin infotainment system. Do not get me started on ford sych system or whatever they call that garbage lol anyways. I dont wanna hate on the maverick. Ive landed on this: i loved having the maverick. It was a well designed, super fun little trucklette that can do many things reasonably well. However… i did not enjoy having it a ford. And the ford stuff made it less good at what we all do with most of our cars 99% of the time. Which is driving on regular roads at regular speeds with little or nothing in the truck bed. If thats all im doing, sorry y’all, ill take a budget kia over a budget ford, any day of the week.
Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I absolutely love my Maverick but I was shocked to see it has a value of $34,500 currently (I paid 31,300) and have owned it for 8 months and 8,500 miles.

Seriously debating dumping it for a cheap Civic (will be daughter's first car before I know it) and getting $10k closer to my cabin on our mountain property - as well as saving about $80-90/mo on gas.

We'll see though. Not sure I want to die slowly by being forced to drive a Civic daily but i am sitting at the dealership as I type this - for the second check engine light in 8,500 miles.

Everyone has to do what is best for them. You've been a solid member @Pickles

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I get the value thing, but I wouldnt go near a interior designed west of me( in Hawaii). There is a few buttons that could be in a different spot and the know isnt great but has the space advantage. Other than that the Maverick interior is perfect.

But hey you got the value you wanted and all is well in the north.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before you get all over me about being a hater, relax, I loved my Maverick… mostly. I thought I’d post a last post for those who want to know how their trucks will hold value, and why I made the move for any who care.
First things first youll be happy to know that if you take care of your maverick itll hold value (for the first term of depreciation at least) very well. For reference I had a:
22’ xlt
Eco awd
Tow package
Katzkin interior

Normally you cant flip a 2 year old high milage car for positive equity, but the Maverick is incredibly popular and still somewhat supply constrained… its also gone through some hefty price increases in 2 years. hence the following

(all these numbers will be canadian… sorry)
I paid 31k sticker price in may 2022. 2 years and 60000km later (60000km is the factory warranty limit in canada) they gave me 29000. In the private market my truck is selling for low 30s it seems.

reasons for the trade:
The tldr is i wanted to get my wife a new car. (2024 redesigned kia sorento) i was going to trade in her old car (2020 sorento). However the mav was worth a bit more (4000 i think… same amount of positive equity but higher tax savings) and the more i thought about it… despite the mav being 2 years newer and how much i did like that little thing… kia is just so much better at designing interiors than ford is that my wife’s old car is just plain nicer to drive around as a commuter than the maverick. Dont get me wrong. I think the maverick is the best lower budget interior ford makes. But lets be honest… despite having made vehicles for 100 years… ford has not figured out the interior fit and finish thing. Its the material choices, styling and placement of the important dash items, the cost of ‘luxury’ items that many other cars come standard with or at least in a mid trim (leather and heating packages), and the friggin infotainment system. Do not get me started on ford sych system or whatever they call that garbage lol anyways. I dont wanna hate on the maverick. Ive landed on this: i loved having the maverick. It was a well designed, super fun little trucklette that can do many things reasonably well. However… i did not enjoy having it a ford. And the ford stuff made it less good at what we all do with most of our cars 99% of the time. Which is driving on regular roads at regular speeds with little or nothing in the truck bed. If thats all im doing, sorry y’all, ill take a budget kia over a budget ford, any day of the week.
I agree on material choices. Considering another Ford in my future, and have started looking at Explorers for shits and giggles. What's with the beige/tan/light interiors? That would stay clean for 30 seconds in real life usage. Give me a dark(er) interior ANY DAY, or I'm going to have to spend a small fortune in seat covers.

Anyone on this forum own an Explorer? What did you think of it?

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@commadorebob has one that's his wife's daily driver
Yep. Wife drives a MY22 Limited. Already has twice the mileage of the Maverick despite not taking delivery four months later. Click here for that goofy story.

Maverick Lariat has a nicer interior. If you don't like the leather look on the Maverick, get the BAP. But the leather is softer than the Explorer. I also find the Maverick more comfortable to drive for me despite the Explorer having memory seats. I just can't seem to find a good spot.

The Explorer is more comfortable for the kids. Middle row bucket seats with their own seat warmers trumps the backseat on the Maverick. The Limited also offers a few extra technology features that I think are coming to the MY25 Maverick Lariat.

The Maverick wins on total cargo capacity. But a family of four can easily fit their luggage in the Explorer. In fact, we will be taking the Explorer on our trip to Tennessee next week and we are using trunks as a summer camp dry-run.

I bought my Maverick to be a truck while my wife wanted the Explorer for suburban mom reasons. If the Explorer was for me, I would have gotten the Timberline.

Sponsored

JetFixxxer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat x2, Lux, Co-pilot 360 Assist
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Its the material choices, styling and placement of the important dash items, the cost of ‘luxury’ items that many other cars come standard with or at least in a mid trim (leather and heating packages), and the friggin infotainment system.
I agree with this. Why I might go elsewhere once my Mav goes tango uniform. My son purchased a '24 Hyundai venue with all the features my lariat has, but for 10k less. Not sure the keypad is worth the extra 10k :)

No Brand

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT, '20 F-250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get the value thing, but I wouldnt go near a interior designed west of me( in Hawaii).
BUT, BUT, BUT anything west of you is actually east 'cuz there is that whole International Dateline thingy.

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So let me get this right. You bought a truck/vehicle drove it 2 years or more, over 60,000km for only 2000 Canadian currency. Instead of buying a 2024 Maverick
https://fordauthority.com/2024/03/ford-maverick-wins-2024-best-resale-value-award-for-segment/amp/
you opted to buy a vehicle that in your own words was worth less or lost more in resale the Kia. Sounds like a bad investment to me, but what do I know. Congratulations on the new vehicle hopefully it will give a better return on your investment than the Kia you already have.

ilikebike

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid HPR w/ BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So let me get this right. You bought a truck/vehicle drove it 2 years or more, over 60,000km for only 2000 Canadian currency. Instead of buying a 2024 Maverick
https://fordauthority.com/2024/03/ford-maverick-wins-2024-best-resale-value-award-for-segment/amp/
you opted to buy a vehicle that in your own words was worth less or lost more in resale the Kia. Sounds like a bad investment to me, but what do I know. Congratulations on the new vehicle hopefully it will give a better return on your investment than the Kia you already have.
Vehicles aren't an investment, hope this helps.
Sponsored