Sponsored

Using ForScan to set ECO as the default drive mode when starting up?

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From a software engineering standpoint I can see why they defaulted it to switching to normal mode on start. Because of how "electronic" this truck is, there are a lot of variables to configure and test. Having it default to "normal" on every start makes sure every start is consistent.

Sure they could do that for all the other modes but that would have required a lot more testing and probably would have delayed production start date by a month or more so they could get everything honed in correctly.

Now, why they couldn't have it start in normal every time and then automatically switched to your previous setting once all the internal checks are made is a different story. Maybe it would have required too many chips to do so with the shortage. Perhaps it was just a cost saving measure or there were bugs they couldn't work out, or something else.

They could finish testing everything and get the settings correctly and "patch" the truck to add the feature where it remembers the last setting but it would probably cost them a good bit of money to do that in service fee's.

Sponsored

Arby47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Chevy, 59 Volvo PV544, E-Bike
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I too am getting weary of "start truck, press 4 times for eco mode" drill. Have asked my dealer, but no response. Other than that, this is the best vehicle I have ever owned, out of about 75 so far. MPG is through the roof. This is a keeper! Worried that ForeScan will void warranty.

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is frequently requested and often discussed. Alas, the answer is no. There isn't a way to set a default drive mode.
Wish people would just search for their answer first. Saves time. Truck has been a thing for over year, every question has been asked and answered. Oh well

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I may have missed it but has anyone tried to use Forscan to set ECO as the default drive mode when starting up? I don't have my July 12th order hybrid FE yet but haven't given up hope. Also interested in other mod done using Forscan,
Apparently, you need to add a set of timers to get the Maverick drive mode to start in anything other than normal mode. There are a few different references I have found about this and some YouTube videos that all say the same thing. The one common theme is that the drive mode will only default to normal mode and it is only overridden with an external timing circuit.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Apparently, you need to add a set of timers to get the Maverick drive mode to start in anything other than normal mode. There are a few different references I have found about this and some YouTube videos that all say the same thing. The one common theme is that the drive mode will only default to normal mode and it is only overridden with an external timing circuit.
I hope there's a better way.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope there's a better way.
Ford or some aftermarket company may come up with a module but there is no way to program it out with Forscan.

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford or some aftermarket company may come up with a module but there is no way to program it out with Forscan.
Fingers crossed, hopefully sooner than later.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As a software engineer, I just want to dope slap the programmers at Ford. From what I've seen with two weeks using Sync 3, these people can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Transit Connect and a Fusion Hybrid - BOTH of them stay in ECO mode at startup. Both have SYNC3, so if that's what is controlling it it's definitely capable of keeping it in ECO mode. Apparently, the Maverick is different.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I may have missed it but has anyone tried to use Forscan to set ECO as the default drive mode when starting up? I don't have my July 12th order hybrid FE yet but haven't given up hope. Also interested in other mod done using Forscan,
I have never used Eco mode or turnoff the AC and I'm still getting 50 miles to the gallon with my Hybrid

jons

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What if the light does absolutely nothing but make you feel like it is in eco
Sponsored