Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wait. You’re saying the “stock” system or the 500A /
Upgraded B&O? I can’t imagine the B&O luxury package speakers are not up to standard. B&O puts their speakers in the high end luxury cars like Audi, Aston Martin, Lambo, etc. if it’s good enough for them it’s good enough for Ford! 🤣
It's definitely not all the same. The B&O in a F150 has an 8 inch sub with 150w amp but it's still pretty low quality.

The stock sound is really terrible in the Maverick and B&O is quite a bit better... But still not great.
I'm curious if the OP measured mounting depth. If he measured resistance surely he would've looked at mounting depth before buying replacement speakers. I would start with the front door 6.5 and the 6x9 "sub".
Sponsored

TimmH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I just wish manufacturers would include an "Advanced" 7 (or more) channel EQ option in the UI. The 3 channel (low mid, high) usually doesn't fix the frequency issues that a particular vehicle's cabin can cause.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

fury88

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT V8, 2022 Maverick Lariat owner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's definitely not all the same. The B&O in a F150 has an 8 inch sub with 150w amp but it's still pretty low quality.

The stock sound is really terrible in the Maverick and B&O is quite a bit better... But still not great.
I'm curious if the OP measured mounting depth. If he measured resistance surely he would've looked at mounting depth before buying replacement speakers. I would start with the front door 6.5 and the 6x9 "sub".
Yeah they would need to be fitted pretty well to prevent issues. I will agree that while the maverick high end is B&O it has to do with the wattage and head unit. I’m happy with them, and oddly enough the SiriusXM quality, which I know is highly compressed but is very listenable in The Maverick. For some reason in my 2018 mustang it sounded absolutely horrible but the premium unit in there definitely beats the Maverick. Probably one of the best units I’d owned. Had to sell it during the pandemic but got a hell of a return for it!
no high end.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Audio is kind of a personal preference thing so it's hard to quantify. I'd say the stock system was very front, center focused. Decent clarity on the treble and a bit of bass fullness from the sub, but start to push the midrange or bass and you quickly discover its limitations. Three ticks from the highest on the bass was as high as it'd go before the stock subwoofer started eliciting occasional clicking noises. There was a fine line on the midrange adjustment between bringing out rock guitars and getting muddy. Now it's more spacious and percussion gives some respectable bump.
Agree- Its like they wanted the main sound stage to be the dash just under the windshield- Does replacing the center move the sound towards the listeners any better ?

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I jumped in the back seat for a listen while the audio up front was rocking with the B/O and it did sound pretty scary back there- Cheap ass speakers right next to your ear drum probably not the best idea ever- lol
Put the fade all the way to the back in settings to see just how Bad they are!

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you guys switched to surround. On stereo I know it's super front biased.

OP
OP
Darnon

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agree- Its like they wanted the main sound stage to be the dash just under the windshield- Does replacing the center move the sound towards the listeners any better ?
Not really, but at least with the Key I can boost the gain a bit on the tweeters and doors which helps some. I do have the fader set about as far back as it goes before there's a point where it noticeably dumps the fronts. Likewise with the balance to the driver's side. Along with replacing the center for much improved fidelity I'm mostly happy with it. Not that it hasn't stopped me from considering something like adding a second set of front tweeters at the B-pillar.

I found Surround to be worse because it boosts the center channel even more while amping up the rear channels to sound more 'spacious'. So it's still sounded front-biased except at the same time I could obviously locate the sound coming from the passenger rear. The effect is less prevalent after my upgrades, but I still think surround sounds a little echo-y.

I don't particularly want to throw more money into trying to figure out how to signal sum/split the front or go full out like the F150 folks do with a ZEN-A2B. That's probably the way to go if you're truly dedicated, though.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not really, but at least with the Key I can boost the gain a bit on the tweeters and doors which helps some. I do have the fader set about as far back as it goes before there's a point where it noticeably dumps the fronts. Likewise with the balance to the driver's side. Along with replacing the center for much improved fidelity I'm mostly happy with it. Not that it hasn't stopped me from considering something like adding a second set of front tweeters at the B-pillar.

I found Surround to be worse because it boosts the center channel even more while amping up the rear channels to sound more 'spacious'. So it's still sounded front-biased except at the same time I could obviously locate the sound coming from the passenger rear. The effect is less prevalent after my upgrades, but I still think surround sounds a little echo-y.

I don't particularly want to throw more money into trying to figure out how to signal sum/split the front or go full out like the F150 folks do with a ZEN-A2B. That's probably the way to go if you're truly dedicated, though.
Great info. What center did u upgrade to ?

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just wish manufacturers would include an "Advanced" 7 (or more) channel EQ option in the UI. The 3 channel (low mid, high) usually doesn't fix the frequency issues that a particular vehicle's cabin can cause.
They do, look at the BMW B&W system (I have it in my M5) but remember the Maverick is an economy truck (cough)... It's all about price..
Sponsored