Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go to your local car stereo shop, I'm sure they'll let you listen to one they're doing. Or alternatively, check out a coffee & cars, lots of guys with modified cars there too.

I used to have very nice stereos when I was younger, but it's been 15+ since I messed with upgrading. Having said that, the sound in my XL isn't terrible, but it is lacking crisp highs, midbass, and obv. low end. It just sounds muddy really.

I'm going to keep it fairly simple and do a component set up front, replace rear speakers, 2 channel amp for front comps, and a kicker HS10 to round out the bottom end. Looking at probably around a total of under $1,400 (having it professionally installed).

I'm planning on keeping this truck a long time, and might as well have a nicer sound system IMO
Many aftermarket shops in my area have people come by and show off their modified sound systems in the parking lot so future customers can "audio test drive " their products. A pro job can get expensive quickly unless you can manage some DIY modifications to enhance the quality of your system.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Darnon

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I happened to find someone selling a singular Infinity Reference 3.5" so grabbed that up. Paying $30 beats paying full price when I only need one. The basket was still just a hair too wide that it doesn't drop in flush (tightened in fine), but better than the MB Quart. Also didn't require any modification to fit beneath the cover. A bit clearer than the very cheap MB Quart speakers so even at the full $50 for a pair I'd say these are a very solid upgrade choice.

I'm now almost of a mind replacing the center speaker might be one of the more worthwhile upgrades for the B&O if you don't otherwise care about more bass via a subwoofer or the like. The front stage mix leans on that channel heavily and the tweeters don't seem to get full center signal otherwise. Doesn't hurt that it's a very easy job to swap.

TeslaCoil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted to fit a JL 8W7 in there but as you can see there is no room

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wish there was a way to experience a "good" sound system. I have just the stock sound system and to me it sounds great. I have no clue what I'm missing out on.
Go to a stereo store and listen to one of the demo cars.

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you get old enough it hardly matters what you listen to. Stock sounds just fine.

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How old is old?
Good question, so I guess at 75 I'm not too old. When I listen to music I want good sounding equipment so I can experience what was recorded, not some muddled mess.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I replaced the B&O 4" rear speakers(poor) with some Pioneer g400's for a modest improvement.

The rest sounds Good to me. I don't feel the need for my dual 10" subs from my Sport Trac either.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good question, so I guess at 75 I'm not too old. When I listen to music I want good sounding equipment so I can experience what was recorded, not some muddled mess.
Thanks!
I'm 66 and wasn't sure if I'm old.

Tyler Durden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do you have the Sony model for the 4x6 you replaced the factory sub with? Was it pretty much swap and play? Was thinking that might be an easy upgrade to do on the system.
Sponsored