Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, waste of money in my book. Shoot, you almost have to sit down in the truck rather than hop up into it 😉
After driving just my maverick for two months I got into my friend's Honda civic today. My God does that feel like I was sitting on asphalt when I get out of it.

Ecl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eli Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 hhr ss, 93 f250, 17 explorer platinum
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can see putting them on just for the protection from rocks chips. Heck even the chevy HHR had side steps, were they needed? No but protected the rear door from rock chips and made cleaning the roof convenient.

Here is a picture of my driver's side rear door on the leading edge

Ford Maverick U.S. FORD MAVERICK OWNERS CLAMORING FOR RUNNING BOARDS 20220515_115539

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My first thought when I read this was clamoring, really. My wife is short 5'2" and when I got my Bronco I had to make sure it had side steps, even then she has trouble. The Maverick being fairly low and with the tall roof line is easy to get in and out. I can think of many other things I would want for my Maverick before I would need these (if ever). Ecl does bring up a fair point though I found on the Bronco they do a decent job preventing dings from rocks though once I added mud flaps that cut down the problem as well. I just won't be taking the Maverick to the same places I take the Bronco and the Broncos tires are like gravel magnets.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
I had them on my 2006 Rav4. My two small dogs used them to get in and out of the vehicle. Saved their joints because the second the door opened it was a mad rush to see who could get in and out first.

Sponsored

hdave

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Alto Blue Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How short would one have to be to actually need these?
Yeah, waste of money in my book. Shoot, you almost have to sit down in the truck rather than hop up into it 😉
Why? This is one of the easiest vehicles to get in and out of that I have ever owned.
Some people are just plain stupid. Bad idea!
Running boards on a vehicle with 8.3" of ground clearance? That's lower than a Subaru Outback lol. Imagine running boards on that.
if there ever was a bulzeye this would be one
😄 a truck this short doesn’t need steps.

Just scrolled and realized everyone else already said the same.
Exactly.

Where does these people reside, Hobbiton?
First, I'm going to put running boards on my skateboard.

If that works out, then I'll try it on the Maverick.
Wow so many douchebag posts shitting on running boards.
Maybe they have a medical problem? are short? prefer the look?
How about this? Who cares what others do?

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

U.S. Ford Maverick Owners Clamoring For Running Boards

By Brett Foote

June 15, 2022 1:16 pm

-Brazil-Exterior-002-Front-Three-Quarters-1024x683.jpg

Sponsored

The 2022 Ford Maverick has been a huge hit among shoppers in the U.S. since its launch, attracting first-time pickup buyers, compact sedan owners, and a pretty diverse group of customers along the way. However, Ford also shipped a limited number of Maverick pickups to Brazil, which sold out nearly immediately, and recently launched a series of accessories for the compact pickup in the South American country as well. Turns out, one of those accessories, in particular, has caught the attention of Ford Authority readers – running boards – and those folks have since reached out to express their interest in them.

senger-Side-Running-Boards-Ford-Brazil-Press-Photo.jpg

“[In regards to the] Maverick running boards in Brazil, I am very interested in this accessory,” said Ford Authority reader Jim. “Please keep me posted so I can buy a set, and let me know how much are they selling for.” “Ford needs to offer the Maverick running boards in the U.S. that they announced for Brazil,” added fellow reader Barnell Q. “I want them for my Maverick.”

In addition to the new running boards, Brazilian Ford Maverick owners also have a bevy of additional accessories to choose from, including a bed extender, a pair of locking tonneau covers with both manual and power operation, a tailgate bicycle cover, cargo containers , fender flares, a satin black air intake for the hood, side steps to help ingress and egress, a sport bar, and a trailer hitch to take advantage of the pickup’s towing capabilities. Additionally, Nomad Sports has teamed up with Ford to manufacture even more Maverick accessories for Brazilian owners.

022-Ford-Maverick-Brazil-Parts-and-Accessories-004.jpg

Overall, both Ford Maverick and Ford Bronco owners have embraced FoMoCo’s line of parts and accessories at an “unprecedented rate,” according to the automaker, which has motivated it to pivot away from performance car upgrades to more off-road-oriented goodies, as Ford Authority reported back in May.

We’ll have more on the Maverick soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Maverick news and ongoing Ford news coverage.
I think they're another place to catch snow/slush, weeds and dirt and your pant legs.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Other than aesthetics, I fail to see the need for running boards for me. I'll pass.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After driving just my maverick for two months I got into my friend's Honda civic today. My God does that feel like I was sitting on asphalt when I get out of it.
:D

I drive Mav and Miata. I think the roof of Miata is almost as tall as Mav's door handle.

Mav is truly "just right" to get in and out of- wife and I don't even think about it. Miata takes some work to get back up....

Sponsored

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD 4K CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I say, "to each their own." If someone wants to spend the money they earned to buy something to stick on their truck, it is fine by me. For me, I don't have a use for them and I will not be purchasing them. I do like the look of running boards on a truck though.

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apparently October is Resurrect Old Thread month here.
Sponsored