Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

U.S. Ford Maverick Owners Clamoring For Running Boards

By Brett Foote

June 15, 2022 1:16 pm

Ford Maverick U.S. FORD MAVERICK OWNERS CLAMORING FOR RUNNING BOARDS -Brazil-Exterior-002-Front-Three-Quarters-1024x683

Sponsored

The 2022 Ford Maverick has been a huge hit among shoppers in the U.S. since its launch, attracting first-time pickup buyers, compact sedan owners, and a pretty diverse group of customers along the way. However, Ford also shipped a limited number of Maverick pickups to Brazil, which sold out nearly immediately, and recently launched a series of accessories for the compact pickup in the South American country as well. Turns out, one of those accessories, in particular, has caught the attention of Ford Authority readers – running boards – and those folks have since reached out to express their interest in them.

Ford Maverick U.S. FORD MAVERICK OWNERS CLAMORING FOR RUNNING BOARDS senger-Side-Running-Boards-Ford-Brazil-Press-Photo

“[In regards to the] Maverick running boards in Brazil, I am very interested in this accessory,” said Ford Authority reader Jim. “Please keep me posted so I can buy a set, and let me know how much are they selling for.” “Ford needs to offer the Maverick running boards in the U.S. that they announced for Brazil,” added fellow reader Barnell Q. “I want them for my Maverick.”

In addition to the new running boards, Brazilian Ford Maverick owners also have a bevy of additional accessories to choose from, including a bed extender, a pair of locking tonneau covers with both manual and power operation, a tailgate bicycle cover, cargo containers , fender flares, a satin black air intake for the hood, side steps to help ingress and egress, a sport bar, and a trailer hitch to take advantage of the pickup’s towing capabilities. Additionally, Nomad Sports has teamed up with Ford to manufacture even more Maverick accessories for Brazilian owners.

Ford Maverick U.S. FORD MAVERICK OWNERS CLAMORING FOR RUNNING BOARDS 022-Ford-Maverick-Brazil-Parts-and-Accessories-004

Overall, both Ford Maverick and Ford Bronco owners have embraced FoMoCo’s line of parts and accessories at an “unprecedented rate,” according to the automaker, which has motivated it to pivot away from performance car upgrades to more off-road-oriented goodies, as Ford Authority reported back in May.

We’ll have more on the Maverick soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Maverick news and ongoing Ford news coverage.
Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How short would one have to be to actually need these?
Yeah, waste of money in my book. Shoot, you almost have to sit down in the truck rather than hop up into it 😉

Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They'd make for good protection against door dings and look better than what's currently being offered for door moldings. And if you have small children, they would help the kids get in the truck.

DTF-Garage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Focus ZX3 (RWD Swap), 2011 Focus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In addition to the new running boards, Brazilian Ford Maverick owners also have a bevy of additional accessories to choose from, including a bed extender, a pair of locking tonneau covers with both manual and power operation, a tailgate bicycle cover, cargo containers , fender flares, a satin black air intake for the hood, side steps to help ingress and egress, a sport bar, and a trailer hitch to take advantage of the pickup’s towing capabilities.
Aside from a power retractable tonneau cover, the running boards (useless) and a sport bar, everything else they listed is available in the US.

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I put running boards on my wife's 2010 Forrester. Waste of money. However I have them on my 2011 f-150 don't think I can get in the truck without them. Can't wait for my Maverick and get rid of that tank.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some pe will buy them. Just to make it “better.” I’m pretty happy with what Ford did, even the lowly XL. The only thing I’ve added is a couple of window stickers. Free!

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok this one got me to comment

I can tell you that this is not true at all
And people who like to do are the type that like to do face plants exiting a vehicle!
Are people who really should not be in a truck in the first place and or are confused what a truck is for.

Ex-nay on the running boards(n)