Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi,
Just got news last Thursday that our Hybrid Lariat with Lux pkgs, Co-pilot 360 and 360 Assist will go into production (hopefully) the week of 4/10. This is going to be our first truck and using it as a basic vehicle with the ability to transport "stuff' that an SUV or sedan just can't accomodate.

I started looking into a adding a spray-in liner. The dealership will charge $849-$949 for Line-X. A local Line-X dealer just responded to my Request for a Quote with this: Our Standard Line-X which will have a matte finish for a short or long pickup truck bed is $670.00 plus tax and does include the factory tailgate (when applicable). Our Line-X Premium is a UV stable gloss black material that can be applied for an additional $150.00 or $820.00 plus tax that will make it easier to rinse and slows down the sun's damaging effects making it look better longer.

Are there any less expensive option I should be thinking of? Also, do you think a bed mat is helpful to stop things from sliding around?

Also, do you think Running Boards are necessary? My wife is 4'11". If so, any recommendations?

Lastly, WeatherTech doesn't appear to make mats for the Hybrid. Any recommendations?

Much appreciated.
Sponsored

Nameless

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick AWD XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just had a line-x liner installed this morning. I paid for the premium black because I had the standard in an f150 and after 6 years it faded a lot. The faded bed liner would leave black residue (probably years of dirt built up) on clothes if you sat back there. I figured the smoother texture of the premium would be easier to clean with a scrub brush. However, the bed liner was great to have. Things didn't slide like they do on a metal bed.

I don't think running boards are necessary. Im a short guy (5'6") and the truck is pretty low to the ground.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you are getting a tonneau cover you won't need UV protection. Shop around - basic spray in bedliner is tough stuff and I don't recall ever seeing it fail. And get a tonneau cover. You can get a soft trifold for under $300. They are super easy to install and make the bed more secure from prying eyes.

If you want to stop stuff from sliding around in the bed, get some ratcheting cargo bars - harbor freight has them for like $15. You can put them basically anywhere at any height. I have two which creates 3 "slots" that I can use for boxes, grocery bags, etc., and they can be removed in an instant.

The seats are at just the right height IMO. My wife has knee trouble and has no trouble getting in or out like she did with our old mazda 3 - that thing was way too low. Running boards would be a joke.

Get smartliners on amazon they make them for hybrids.

https://www.amazon.com/SMARTLINER-Weather-Compatible-2022-2023-Maverick/dp/B09X7FL16M/

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The spray in bedliner came with the 2022 lariat lux hybrid. I like it. but also added the Ford bedtray, tailgate liner, all weather floor liners, hood bug shield, and mud flaps (all Ford)
Bed Tray Liner Part # NZ6Z-9900038-B
Tailgate Liner Part # NZ6Z- 9900038-C

The reason for adding the bed tray and tailgate liner is I drag heavy metal objects like a rototiller across the bed and didn't want to chance the tines or other heavy objects scraping away the spray in bedliner. The all weather mats, mud flaps, and bug shield work great.

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would have her try the maverick without running boards first. It is already pretty close to the ground. They may not be needed.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't think that running boards are needed. Remember, this truck is based on an SUV chassis, and the seats are just about "butt height." So it's really no big deal getting in/out of the truck.

My wife really loves the Maverick, and absolutely hated getting in or out of our previous Chevy 2500 HD, even WITH the running boards we added.

Beckybee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav HEV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 5'2" and I sit down into the seat. No clambering! It's a really low vehicle

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like the others all said, no need for running boards. My wife is short as well and she loves getting in and out of the Maverick (guess a bunch of us married short women LOL). I looked at Weathertech and some others, but settled in on the Ford mats from the dealer for the Hybrid. Not much price difference and great fit.

I am probably the oddball, but chose a drop in liner from the dealer. I got him down to $250 and it is the Ford drop in. Works great for me, but past the time in my life of loading and unloading a lot, so may not be best for you.

Hope you get it built on time and enjoy it.

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just had a line-x liner installed this morning. I paid for the premium black because I had the standard in an f150 and after 6 years it faded a lot. The faded bed liner would leave black residue (probably years of dirt built up) on clothes if you sat back there. I figured the smoother texture of the premium would be easier to clean with a scrub brush. However, the bed liner was great to have. Things didn't slide like they do on a metal bed.

I don't think running boards are necessary. Im a short guy (5'6") and the truck is pretty low to the ground.
Did you have a tonneau cover on the f 150? If not, do you think it would make a difference.?

Nameless

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick AWD XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn’t have a cover over the bed in the F150. I’m sure that would have preserved the finish of the liner.

Sponsored

Slick-rides

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The LineX in my Chevy truck is 12 years old and hasn't faded enough for me to notice. I do have a tonneau cover on it 95% of the time though. Back then I don't think they had a "UV stable" option. If they did I wasn't aware of it. I plan to get the standard LineX done on my Maverick.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, running boards aren't necessary. My wife is 5'2" and has no problems getting in and out of our Maverick.

Army Engineer (Ret)

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Lux, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a LineX liner sprayed in our Maverick and when I spoke with the shop they said the standard would be all that I needed. When I told them I was going to put a tonneau cover on, they said no problem, no upgrade necessary. My wife is 5’ 3” and she can get in and out no problem, the step in height is about the same as on our Bronco Sport. LineX had a sale on last week and the cost was $563 and that was better then my military discount. Enjoy your truck when it comes in, they are great!