Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have experienced that "shudder" a couple of times. Is there a thread about it on this forum? What can be done about it?
Use search function and type shudder. Lots of discussion there.
Sponsored

MojoJojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XLT
called my local dealer and they have no information on this TSB "in their system" yet. He did say some others have called regarding it as well but nothing in their system for this TSB to be worked on.

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
called my local dealer and they have no information on this TSB "in their system" yet. He did say some others have called regarding it as well but nothing in their system for this TSB to be worked on.
Tell them to check on PTS, their online Ford system, which announces all the updates, it came out 3/30/22

Yellow Rhino

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, 360, Lux Pkg.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it possible to have the update done OTA? I have done software updates already over the air, and I wonder if this can be patched without going into the dealer?

Sponsored

ffoc01

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hyb FE, 2014 Flex
Is it possible to have the update done OTA? I have done software updates already over the air, and I wonder if this can be patched without going into the dealer?
Unfortunately, Ford doesn't do powertrain updates OTA yet, just infotainment and some body modules.

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I reported this issue on another thread, Ford reached out to me via DM, verified my VIN and then called me and told me to take the car to my dealer. Also threw in a $100 giftcard for ford merchandise for the inconvenience.

TarMinyatur

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought my hybrid on january and delivered 2 weeks ago (fuel tank recall). I didn't experienced it since cold weather is pretty much gone over here but the salesman told me that in january, the vehicule experienced once engine surging at idle with sulfur smells. It was documented in their system so they couldn't ignore this when a solution would land.

I saw the bulletin at the begining of the month, before taking delivery, stating that an update was on its way so I wasn't worried with current temperatures. Just got in touch with my dealer and appointment has been made to put the update in.

And that, I hope, will be the end of my troubles :LOL:

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can see the TSB in the system..... they must not be looking very hard lol

Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It makes no sense that this would just happen on some of them. I think the real deal is the conditions (super cold conditions) have made this more prevelant. There are a lot of us that don't live in those conditions, so we've never experienced it. But I would think all these Hybrid's built before that date would need the updates. I wonder if they will replace the CAT on those that are now warped and burnt looking?

Last edited:

boo

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just called my dealer. They said they can't do anything unless you have experienced the issue. So wait to break the truck then get it fixed? Makes sense.

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just called my dealer. They said they can't do anything unless you have experienced the issue. So wait to break the truck then get it fixed? Makes sense.
You just say it happened once a few weeks ago, and they should do the update - if they don't they aren't being customer friendly...Took less than an hour to do mine today...

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You just say it happened once a few weeks ago, and they should do the update - if they don't they aren't being customer friendly...Took less than an hour to do mine today...
I'm Like your thinking.
If there isn't an issue now that outside temps are rising, it will show up next winter if not fixed.
Though this will give Ford time to debug further issues if they pop up all at one time.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
It makes no sense that this would just happen on some of them. I think the real deal is the conditions (super cold conditions) have made this more prevelant. There are a lot of us that don't live in those conditions, so we've never experienced it. But I would think all these Hybrid's built before that date would need the updates. I wonder if they will replace the CAT on those that are now warped and burnt looking?
They are not warped and burned. It has been shown these come that way.
Sponsored