Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It makes no sense that this would just happen on some of them. I think the real deal is the conditions (super cold conditions) have made this more prevelant. There are a lot of us that don't live in those conditions, so we've never experienced it. But I would think all these Hybrid's built before that date would need the updates. I wonder if they will replace the CAT on those that are now warped and burnt looking?
It's believable that they aren't necessarily damaged. The outside of the cat is some sheet metal (stainless?) but the inside is a combination of ceramic and a platinum-group metal. Both are much more heat resistant than the shell.
Sponsored

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone taken their hybrid to dealer for this software fix

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hiya @Scout. Is it confirmed the dealership service folks have this available yet?

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw a post on Facebook hybrid group that people have been taking there trucks to dealers for fix.

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw a post on Facebook hybrid group that people have been taking there trucks to dealers for fix.
Ooh......wonder if any of the glowing cat owners might have any additional info.

Sponsored

nickmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So if im taking delivery in the next few days, can i ask them in advance to apply this update? Or is updating software part of the vehicle prep before customer pick up?

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So if im taking delivery in the next few days, can i ask them in advance to apply this update? Or is updating software part of the vehicle prep before customer pick up?
If it’s not already flashed then the dealer can do it before you purchase. You should call and inquire/request it since it seems a lot of dealers don’t seem to see/react to a lot of things we might expect them to.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In some ways I'm happy that my build was not very early, Gives time for little things to come forward and get fixed.
This is one of the few benefits of September hybrid order. While my truck won't benefit from Ford's Power Up OTA's updates available with a Mach E, Hermosillo will take care of software issues before it's shipped.

First year models will always have a few wrinkles to iron out and a later build pays of when other have melting catalytic converters, fuel tank leaks and fluttering hoods.

Sponsored

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't think so since the shudder (at least mine) is always when moving, not at idle.
Yes, makes sense! FoMoCo replied to my post about shudder a month ago and asked for VIN and dealer, then nothing more☹ I had hoped this recall had to do with that🤞🏻but no😥

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

NeedForSteve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Fusion 2.3; 2023 HPR XLT EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For those who plan to call their dealer to ask about this; do not ask about any kind of "update". IME that doesn't really mean anything to the service writer. Say you've experienced a rough idle concern at startup, and ask that the vehicle be diagnosed per (insert TSB number). Unless you let them know that you know specifically there is already a TSB for your issue, and you'd positively like it looked at, they won't take the time to search TSB for the article. It won't show up like a recall associated with your VIN on their screens, unless they've updated PTS very recently.