Sponsored

Is there a Dealership in the DFW area that will do or has done the TSB 22-2124 -- 2.5L Hybrid idle surge fix (software update)

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Ford Frisco dealership service department is clueless and said I would have to leave the truck with them for 7 days so they could diagnose the problem.

What!!! They can't diagnose it as it is intermittent and only happens with these conditions:

This condition occurs when the high voltage battery is being charged by the engine at cold start (usually below 10 degrees) and the state of charge (SOC) increases to the top of the charge limit.

There is no way they could replicate those conditions so what they would have happened is that they would have had my truck for a week then said they couldn't see the issue and done nothing.

This is a link to the TSB 22-2124 thread:

TSB 22-2124 -- 2.5L Hybrid idle surge fix (software update)

So if anyone here in the DFW area had this TSB 22-2124 done please let me know what dealership did it.

Thanks
Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Ford Frisco dealership service department is clueless and said I would have to leave the truck with them for 7 days so they could diagnose the problem.

What!!! They can't diagnose it as it is intermittent and only happens with these conditions:

This condition occurs when the high voltage battery is being charged by the engine at cold start (usually below 10 degrees) and the state of charge (SOC) increases to the top of the charge limit.

There is no way they could replicate those conditions so what they would have happened is that they would have had my truck for a week then said they couldn't see the issue and done nothing.

So if anyone here in the DFW area had this TSB 22-2124 done please let me know what dealership did it.

Thanks
Sorry for laughing, it's at Ford Frisco, not you or your story.

The service manager should be embarrassed.

TSBs are guaranteed income from any manufacturer. Why WOULD they do that to you? Laziness Most likely uninterested in it.

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry for laughing, it's at Ford Frisco, not you or your story.

The service manager should be embarrassed.

TSBs are guaranteed income from any manufacturer. Why WOULD they do that to you? Laziness Most likely uninterested in it.
I am letting the Autonation Ford Frisco Dealership's Service Manager, General Manager and the Fleet Sales Manager (who did my order) know that the ineptitude of the Service Department is the reason that they lost me as a customer.

They have lost any service business from me because of this and I keep my vehicles cradle to grave so that is a lot of business as seen from the length of ownership below:

Our previous four vehicles were:

2015 Honda Fit Ex, 7 years + 1 month - the only reason for the short ownership is I sold it to buy the Maverick

2009 Honda CR-V Ex - 13 years + 4 months - Still have this on as it is the wife's car

1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab, 16 years + 4 months

1987 Mazda 626, 11 years

Last edited:

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am letting the Autonation Ford Frisco Dealership's Service Manager, General Manager and the Fleet Sales Manager (who did my order) know that the ineptitude of the Service Department is the reason that they lost me as a customer.

They have lost any service business from me because of this and I keep my vehicles cradle to grave so that is a lot of business as seen from the length of ownership below:

Our previous four vehicles were:

2015 Honda Fit Ex, 7 years + 1 month - the only reason for the short ownership is I sold it to buy the Maverick

2009 Honda CR-V Ex - 13 years + 4 months - Still have this on as it is the wife's car

1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab, 16 years + 4 months

1987 Mazda 626, 11 years

PLEASE do it Steve!! I implore you.

I worked in fixed operations for dealers and manufacturers.
When I was a district and regional manager, I preached to dealer owners and managers that Sales sell the vehicle, but Service KEEPS them IN the vehicle. REALLY sad how majority of General Managers do not realize this ...... with some owners not even aware of it and some who train their GM to do this.

Just SMH how some dealers treat customers. Back in the day, ONE customer influenced 10-15 ppl (avg), fast forward to today with groups (like MTC and MChat) and internet, that average is MUCH larger carrying around the world. ........ Dealers STILL don't get it!!!!!

I'm with you Steve 100% on how you feel and will pursue it.

Reactions: HTX

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks
I would try one of these three, because Ed Wallace (Saturday morning car show)
Ford Maverick Is there a Dealership in the DFW area that will do or has done the TSB 22-2124 -- 2.5L Hybrid idle surge fix (software update) 1651252917894
Sponsored