Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For the record, my one-car-wide driveway requires me to pull up close behind my wife’s car. There’s been a few times that she has thought that I had bumped her car, because of the abrupt halt. My wheels were straight, but had been for only about one revolution.
Interesting clue………
For inching up behind another car (or in my case - closing in on the water softener in my garage), I found that turning "AutoHold" OFF (toggle the right-most button at the rear of the center console - the one that looks like a "hand" surrounded by parentheses) prevented the "lurch" to a stop and "surge" forward when the accelerator was pressed to move up just a few inches. With AutoHold turned OFF, I can 'creep' forward (or backward) without the lurching and surging. Makes it MUCH easier to park in the garage.
I turn it back on for normal driving.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For inching up behind another car (or in my case - closing in on the water softener in my garage), I found that turning "AutoHold" OFF (toggle the right-most button at the rear of the center console - the one that looks like a "hand" surrounded by parentheses) prevented the "lurch" to a stop and "surge" forward when the accelerator was pressed to move up just a few inches. With AutoHold turned OFF, I can 'creep' forward (or backward) without the lurching and surging. Makes it MUCH easier to park in the garage.
I turn it back on for normal driving.
Jim,
Thanks. I’ll give it a try.
But tell me………
Is the default “On”? Or is this another thing to remember?

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Jim,
Thanks. I’ll give it a try.
But tell me………
Is the default “On”? Or is this another thing to remember?
Auto Hold setting (on/off) is persistent across drive cycles. Meaning it'll stay where you left it.

Sponsored

njosephg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Luxury PKG - HYBRID
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Shay ,

I just brought my 2022 Mav to Camelback Ford here in Phoenix. They said this would take them 2 weeks.

My appointment today was for the Side Airbag Recall. They said they looked at it and it wasn't needed.
An oil change and tire rotation, which they did.
And I asked them to perform this TSB, and their response was, it would take two weeks.

I have lost all faith in Camelback Ford. It feels like they don't want my work AND I can't trust if they actually did look at the Airbag recall just based on the feeling of being rushed out the door.

I know you are in Phoenix too, any shops you know of that WANT and WILL perform recall/manufacture warranty work?

njosephg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Luxury PKG - HYBRID
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stay away from Camelback Ford.
I definitely understand that now. May I ask which dealership in Phoenix you brought yours to?
Sponsored