1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just experienced this for the first time in my hybrid this morning. Cold weather, auto start with heat on in car. Messaged my advisor and hoping he can get me in this week for the update.

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update: my dealer seemed clueless over the phone and Iā€™m going to bring it in next Wednesday. However I was told ā€œyour vin doesnā€™t show any required actions or recalls so it might not get done.ā€ Even though the bulletin clearly states the symptoms all of which mine has. Iā€™ve been a Toyota loyalist my whole life and I was nervous buying a Ford. This is isnā€™t helping. Maybe @Ford Motor Company can help.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update: my dealer seemed clueless over the phone and Iā€™m going to bring it in next Wednesday. However I was told ā€œyour vin doesnā€™t show any required actions or recalls so it might not get done.ā€ Even though the bulletin clearly states the symptoms all of which mine has. Iā€™ve been a Toyota loyalist my whole life and I was nervous buying a Ford. This is isnā€™t helping. Maybe @Ford Motor Company can help.
Give them the TSB #.

Sponsored

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's crazy then. Those are super easy for the service department to look up!

Try a different dealer?
Iā€™m gonna see what happens next Wednesday, which is the soonest they could get me in.

Xerox6135

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tsb was done on Maverick today for the catalytic converter glow. They reprogrammed a number of modules including the ABS module. The only difference I can notice is the regenerative braking doesn't seem to be as aggressive in Eco mode. Fuel economy seems to be exactly the same. I think it may have gotten rid of that grabbing in the brakes as you were coming off regen going on to the friction brakes but I'll have to drive it for a while to be sure of that. Dealer said it took them 3 hours to complete.

Sponsored

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
Tsb was done on Maverick today for the catalytic converter glow. They reprogrammed a number of modules including the ABS module. The only difference I can notice is the regenerative braking doesn't seem to be as aggressive in Eco mode. Fuel economy seems to be exactly the same. I think it may have gotten rid of that grabbing in the brakes as you were coming off regen going on to the friction brakes but I'll have to drive it for a while to be sure of that. Dealer said it took them 3 hours to complete.
Interesting. Please let us know more as you put a few more miles on it. Mine is scheduled for next Friday.

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. Please let us know more as you put a few more miles on it. Mine is scheduled for next Friday.
Were you having the same issue or did you just go ahead and schedule it as a precaution? I'm yet to even use remote start because I didn't want to trigger anything before I'm easily able to schedule a time if needed.

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
Were you having the same issue or did you just go ahead and schedule it as a precaution? I'm yet to even use remote start because I didn't want to trigger anything before I'm easily able to schedule a time if needed.
I went ahead and scheduled it because it seems to be a confirmed issue and I simply wanted the update.

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It makes no sense that this would just happen on some of them. I think the real deal is the conditions (super cold conditions) have made this more prevelant. There are a lot of us that don't live in those conditions, so we've never experienced it. But I would think all these Hybrid's built before that date would need the updates. I wonder if they will replace the CAT on those that are now warped and burnt looking?
I live in New England, so I wanted this update but the dealership said they can't do it proactivity.

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in New England, so I wanted this update but the dealership said they can't do it proactivity.
I also live in New England. Had this issue once and stopped auto starting until I get the fix, which is Wednesday. Just call and say you have the symptoms, they are putting this update in all future hybrids for a reason.
Sponsored