First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E, F-150 Lariat, Toyota 4 Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There have been numerous comments made about a 1500 lb payload. This does not mean you can put 1500 lbs in the bed. Payload is defined as the total payload, which includes all passengers, cargo, added modifications. This is stated in the Ford Towing Guide, and has been in force on all vehicles. Just wanted to clear up a common mistake when talking trucks. Check the door jam sticker on any vehicle, payload is listed there.
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My sticker states #1543, but I certainly would never try that. The heaviest thing so far was I picked up a set of steelies for winter with tires.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick is an Escape... with a truck bed. I would treat it as such. If you need to do a lot of truck things, you might want to look at an actual truck. The Maverick is perfect for what it is marketed for. I plan to use it a ton for hauling camping gear. But it should not be mistaken for a body-on-frame truck.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its sorta like city and highway MPG, they dont actually drive like most people to get the numbers. :)

Sponsored

Axlesup

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85K10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There have been numerous comments made about a 1500 lb payload. This does not mean you can put 1500 lbs in the bed. Payload is defined as the total payload, which includes all passengers, cargo, added modifications. This is stated in the Ford Towing Guide, and has been in force on all vehicles. Just wanted to clear up a common mistake when talking trucks. Check the door jam sticker on any vehicle, payload is listed there.
The tongue weight on your trailer also counts as payload. Super important to remember this.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, even though my sticker says 1460 pounds, I doubt I'd want to put that much back there regularly. Think my biggest load so far has been 400-500 pounds, and while it doesn't do much to the power, you still know it's there when driving.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Aside from all the by the book/insurance law experts on here. Most people who even have the personal ability to lift 1500lbs of things in a given day, will probably just load it to wehat they feel there trip will allow. If you got a 1800lb chunk of alien spacecraft that needs to be hauled 6 miles down country roads, no big deal. But if you got 1200lbs you want to load in your Tremor and take down a gnarly trail with rocks and twists and mud holes down in the holler then that may not be a good idea. I have alot of experience doing alot of things, I use that experience to evaluate situations to make the best, safest, and most efficient use of my life. Stickers like manual are guides and warnings. Critical-scientific thinking is the most important tool built into the human condition.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trivia
1983 Ranger's base payload is 1,200 pounds, and an optional 1,600-pound package is also available. GM's new S trucks offer 1,000-pound and 1,500-pound capabilities.

by 2011 the Ranger was up to 1,334 to 1,775 lbs

Sponsored

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
100# human driver??????
AMERICAN driver?!
I was a skinny kid but was just North of that starting High School.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
100# human driver??????
AMERICAN driver?!
I was a skinny kid but was just North of that starting High School.
if referring to my post, yep she's about 98# dripping wet. but then you knew it was just a reference number, right.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Maverick is an Escape... with a truck bed. I would treat it as such. If you need to do a lot of truck things, you might want to look at an actual truck. The Maverick is perfect for what it is marketed for. I plan to use it a ton for hauling camping gear. But it should not be mistaken for a body-on-frame truck.
My jeep comanche work truck is a unit-body offroad beast and it has a 2200lb payload. Which I test and exceed often. I like to think of the maverick as a Transit Connect which had a maximum payload of 1700lbs.

Also this is a "actual truck". Its got wheels and a bed. Thats all it needs to "work". Trust me I have moved more weight over rough terrain on one of these that most "1-ton" trucks on the road. A truck is a tool for work. If it has a bed and you work it, its a truck.
Ford Maverick True payload number, not 1500lbs in Bed 58294_W3
Sponsored