First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav, CB500X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This all makes sense. So I take it you made this yourself. I'm really like the load spreader......I was imagining something the full length of the truck bed and tailgate, so as to better re-distribute the weight more, BUT you are accomplishing the same thing by what reads like it mounts to the tow hitch. I was unable to see any such pic that better shows how that hitch mounting works. Anyhow, great craftsmanship on the pieces. Telling by the number of motorcyclist, this could be your side-hustle selling the rear load spreader. I'd be interested.
Just noticed you are in CO, here is a photo of the Honda rig in SE CO, shortly after taking delivery of my new 2019 CB500X. Plus a couple of more photos of the spreader plate and hitch arm. Some of the work may look a bit ‘cobby’, but tried to use off the shelf items, and material I had on hand to keep the cost down.

Ford Maverick A Motorcycle in the Maverick Bed - Measurements and Payload Calculations 1 IMG_0629*

Ford Maverick A Motorcycle in the Maverick Bed - Measurements and Payload Calculations IMG_2421

Ford Maverick A Motorcycle in the Maverick Bed - Measurements and Payload Calculations IMG_2422
Sponsored

Gvmumbral

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just noticed you are in CO, here is a photo of the Honda rig in SE CO, shortly after taking delivery of my new 2019 CB500X. Plus a couple of more photos of the spreader plate and hitch arm. Some of the work may look a bit ‘cobby’, but tried to use off the shelf items, and material I had on hand to keep the cost down.

1 IMG_0629*.jpeg

IMG_2421.jpeg

IMG_2422.jpeg
Hello,

Would you consider selling one of these but for the Maverick?

Cheers!

More w/Les

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav, CB500X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would need to get with my fabricator and see if he would be interested in making the two pieces [load spreader plate and hitch carrier arm]. Not sure it would be cost effective to make just one and then pay the shipping cost to your location. I could supply the dimensions for a local fab shop to make them up. However my concern is the liability involved in either suppling a finished product or suppling the dimensional data.

This is something I created for my own use and I know the limitations involved. Not sure others would understand those limitations and might injure themselves, or others, thus possibly creating a potential legal problem for me.

Have shared photos and fairly detailed info about the process and products used for both the Honda Ridgeline and Maverick rigs on the:

'Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures!, thread:
<https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...otorcycles-scooters-in-the-bed-pictures.6642/>
Lots of good info there.

Another thread along the same lines:
'A Motorcycle in the Maverick Bed - Measurements and Payload Calculations'
<https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ed-measurements-and-payload-calculations.528/>

You might be able to have a fab shop look at some of that info and make up the part for you. Would be glad to discuss this with you if wish to contact [ping] me directly rather that on this thread. We might be able to exchange phone numbers if you want to talk that way.

Les

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's a YouTube channel by Daniel Deliverz where he travels all over the USA carrying quads and motorcycles. He has some pretty cool ramps and all that. Recommended for anyone interested in motorcycles and Mavericks.

Sponsored