First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's the same payload. If you look at what is in the 4k package, you'll understand why it effects towing capacity but not payload. All mavs have basically the same payload. Hybrid slightly higher
No the payload capacity is not the same. The options added do reduce payload capacity.

See Here:

Post your Payload Label Stickers Here

Some Examples from the above thread:

Hybrid XLT no options 1566 lbs

Hybrid Lariat (unknown options) 1519 lbs

Hybrid XLT Luxury Package 1478 lbs

Hybrid XLT (unknown options) 1426 lbs

Ecoboost XLT with Lux, AWD, FX4 and 4K Tow 1260 lbs

EcoBoost AWD 2.0 XLT Luxury, FX4 with 4K package, no Sunroof 1358 lbs

EcoBoost Lariat (unknown options) 1324 lbs

EcoBoost Lariat payload fully optioned 1267 lbs

EcoBoost Lariat/AWD/FX4/TOW/LUX/Sunroof/360 1321 lbs
Sponsored

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Miatas, Z06, Outback
What do your tires reveal? Their load rating is one of the most important factors in what is allowed re: LOAD capacity! Doubt the Mav comes with the best highest carrying capacity ones. Educate yourselves before you kill yourself or others. I can destroy any highly rated tire by just ignoring the minimum pressure for the load I asked them to carry. Every tire site will give you good information, here's just one. >>> https://www.worktruckonline.com/329088/how-to-understand-truck-tires-load-ratings-sizes-more

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not quite. Considering one as a cheap way to get the family camping. 5 people, all our crap, and a popup camper.

Maverick plus pop up is cheaper than a F150 so we're seriously considering it.
Ok, so basically what my wife and I would be doing. Pulling campers and light utility trailers at the farm.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No the payload capacity is not the same. The options added do reduce payload capacity.

See Here:

Post your Payload Label Stickers Here

Some Examples from the above thread:

Hybrid XLT no options 1566 lbs

Hybrid Lariat (unknown options) 1519 lbs

Hybrid XLT Luxury Package 1478 lbs

Hybrid XLT (unknown options) 1426 lbs

EcoBoost AWD 2.0 XLT Luxury, FX4 with 4K package, no Sunroof 1358 lbs

EcoBoost Lariat (unknown options) 1324 lbs

EcoBoost Lariat payload fully optioned 1267 lbs

EcoBoost Lariat/AWD/FX4/TOW/LUX/Sunroof/360 1321 lbs
That was a lot of work to tell me that the hybrid options from top to bottom are 140lbs apart and the ecos are within 100 lol…. Soooo… basically the same lol yes, you obviously subtract the weight of a sunroof from the total technical payload of a vehicle… but at the end of the day… theyre going to end up within lik 5% of the mean. Ya’ll are getting pretty technical when at the end of the day… the truck isn’t going to care whether you put that extra two bags of concrete in the box to drive home or not lol

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My AWD XL with only 360 and hitch receiver is 1498 lbs.
Ford Maverick XL 4K payload capacity? IMG_R_0012

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

nick112288

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was a lot of work to tell me that the hybrid options from top to bottom are 140lbs apart and the ecos are within 100 lol…. Soooo… basically the same lol yes, you obviously subtract the weight of a sunroof from the total technical payload of a vehicle… but at the end of the day… theyre going to end up within lik 5% of the mean. Ya’ll are getting pretty technical when at the end of the day… the truck isn’t going to care whether you put that extra two bags of concrete in the box to drive home or not lol
I see a difference of almost 240 between one of those XLTs and the sticker on the post below it.

240lbs is not an insignificant amount.

PAPAKAWI

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
I have purposely hauled about 600lbs in my box and I am 190lbs and no issues, I then attached my trailer with my quad around 1500lbs didn't even know it was there unless it hit a big bump or railway tracks, couldn't ask for more although once a year I will have 2 quads on the trailer. XLT with 2L AWD

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see a difference of almost 240 between one of those XLTs and the sticker on the post below it.

240lbs is not an insignificant amount.
Youre comparing a hybrid to an eco lol which i already said was different. Anyways. You do you. This truck was made for people who aren’t going to be reaching max payload often… if youre not that person then its on you if you bought a baby truck anyways 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP

nick112288

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Youre comparing a hybrid to an eco lol which i already said was different. Anyways. You do you. This truck was made for people who aren’t going to be reaching max payload often… if youre not that person then its on you if you bought a baby truck anyways 🤷‍♂️
No I'm not.

Compared to Sirk's door sticker right up above which is 1498 for a stripped down XL AWD.

Now I don't know if his has the 4k, but that's a 240lb difference between Ecoboosts.

kes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just as an additional d
No I'm not.

Compared to Sirk's door sticker right up above which is 1498 for a stripped down XL AWD.

Now I don't know if his has the 4k, but that's a 240lb difference between Ecoboosts.
Just as an additional data point I have the EcoBoost Lariat, AWD, Lux and 4K tow package and my payload capacity is listed as 1343. So, it looks like the FX4 took a chunk off in your case perhaps?

I also added the option for the folding Tonneau bed cover which probably weights a few pounds although I doubt they actually include that in the sticker even though it was part of the installation at the factory?

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well obviously he’s talking about eco boost since 4K tow isn’t available in hybrid or even fwd anymore. Also here’s mine I have xlt, cp360, moonroof, sibl, rear sliding window, fx4 w/optional wheels and tires @ 1433lbs. My opinion if’s you’re really that close to 100lbs limit that you’re probably not interested in buying this vehicle to fit your needs and maybe try a ranger with more truck abilities and will be discounted for the new model coming out?

Ford Maverick XL 4K payload capacity? BF1B9208-96DD-4434-B4FF-EA25FECF5E96
Sponsored