First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
, I would assume this is a 13 foot Scamp. If you Google Eveland's INC it is a Scamp manufacturing facility in the VIN it lists R1310 which should refer to the model of the trailer since there is no model number on the FD plate.
If this is a 13' Scamp, they show empty weights ranging from 1100 to 1600 POUNDS, depending on model. While the weight may fall within spec, the frontal area may not,,,,

HRG
Sponsored

OP
OP
MAVRICKDAVE

MAVRICKDAVE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Oxford White Tremor 24 XL Atlas Blue Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1691501984285.png
2019 scamp
I would drag that thing around like a donkey pulling a plow. These have literally the smallest frontal area of any not popup travel trailer. Using a Mav without the 4k tow package shouldn'tbe an issue. I wouldn't load it like a crazy person. I don't think you will have any problems. I have the 4k set up, and when I picked up my travel trailer it just so happened to be right at 3850. I weighed it after the 1100 mile trip home.
Ford Maverick Trailer weight help 20221202_130220

Upnort

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's important to note that although the hybrid has a 2000 lb tow rating it's recommended maximum gross combined weight rating is 6010 lbs. That's the weight of the trailer, driver, passengers and any other items added to the truck and trailer. So I always take our truck fill the tank up and go to our local commercial truck scale and get the weight of the truck. Go home and unload our camper (currently a TAB) get the weight of the trailer and then the truck (place the trailer on the scale for the semi truck on the trailer portion of the scale and the truck where the drive axles go) get those weights. Move forward a bit and drop the camper so the trailer axle remains on the trailer scale and the tongue rests on the drive axle pad get that weight. Run home load the trailer up with our stuff, fill the tanks with water (fresh and gray) making sure they're topped off. Run to the scale again and repeat the weighing process. Now we have all the weights handy. Empty and loaded. If it's close we reevaluate our gear and remove some so we're 10% less than the GCWR. That 10% is a safety margin. Now based that method for the weights from our 2019 Ranger we were able to make the decision that the Maverick with the 4k package would meet our needs. We'll repeat that process when our truck arrives later this week or next.

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's important to note that although the hybrid has a 2000 lb tow rating it's recommended maximum gross combined weight rating is 6010 lbs. That's the weight of the trailer, driver, passengers and any other items added to the truck and trailer. So I always take our truck fill the tank up and go to our local commercial truck scale and get the weight of the truck. Go home and unload our camper (currently a TAB) get the weight of the trailer and then the truck (place the trailer on the scale for the semi truck on the trailer portion of the scale and the truck where the drive axles go) get those weights. Move forward a bit and drop the camper so the trailer axle remains on the trailer scale and the tongue rests on the drive axle pad get that weight. Run home load the trailer up with our stuff, fill the tanks with water (fresh and gray) making sure they're topped off. Run to the scale again and repeat the weighing process. Now we have all the weights handy. Empty and loaded. If it's close we reevaluate our gear and remove some so we're 10% less than the GCWR. That 10% is a safety margin. Now based that method for the weights from our 2019 Ranger we were able to make the decision that the Maverick with the 4k package would meet our needs. We'll repeat that process when our truck arrives later this week or next.
😵💫🥴
That's a lot of work... I typically just weigh mine if I think I'm close. Typically the combined weight is not even close. I just use the tractor trailer set and gave my front wheels on the steer wheel plate, the rear wheels on the drive wheel plate and the trailer axels sit where they should. If I am 10% over I don't worry about it, as long as it pulls well. As stated above all manufacturers recommendations are far below any breaking point. But, if you're over the recommendation all liability lies on you as the driver.

Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You should be fine pulling a 13 foot Scamp. I have a 16 ft Scamp that has 2200 lbs. dry weight. When it is loaded for a week long trip, it weighed almost 2900 lbs. with food and gear. I have the 4k tow package so my Maverick tows like a champ! Have fun with your Scamp!!

dusty1787

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick EB Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Could a 2023 Tremmor or a 2023 Hybrid, without any packages handle this trailer ok? KG vs LB?

1691448754599.png

could you possibly find a model number or something like that for us to use?. Currently all I found was that the R1310 in the Vin for Scamp translates to a 13ft trailer. Then by doing some quick google searching and on the Scamp website mentions " Our Standard 13′ touches the scales at 1,500 lbs (without a bathroom, which is available in a standard) with a tongue weight of 200 lbs. " But then apparently there are a few options that could have been added to the trailer (awning, bathroom, etc) but appears to be (if empty) under 2k...but I am not claiming to be correct or anything.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You should be fine pulling a 13 foot Scamp. I have a 16 ft Scamp that has 2200 lbs. dry weight. When it is loaded for a week long trip, it weighed almost 2900 lbs. with food and gear. I have the 4k tow package so my Maverick tows like a champ! Have fun with your Scamp!!
Depending what is you are taking along with you, load it in the truck bed instead of the trailer.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Depending what is you are taking along with you, load it in the truck bed instead of the trailer.
This is an interesting concept.

From engine load, mpg, wear & tear, it's not going to matter.

But, having more weight on the truck tires means more traction on the truck wheels. Both for acceleration & braking.

If you have properly set trailer brakes I don't think it matters much. If no trailer brakes for sure put more weight in the truck if you can.

But a heavier trailer is desirable in windy conditions so lots to think on.

🤔

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Use an online calculator like this one https://canitowthis.com/
And buy a tongue scale I have this one. There are less expensive ones available. https://www.sherline.com/product/sherline-trailer-tongue-weight-scale/#description.
The calculator will help you get your weight configured between trailer load and truck load. Remember the gvwr includes you and your passengers.
I just use a home scale to weigh what I'm adding. Known weight like water, fuel (propane etc) are easy no need to weigh them. When you are done hit a scale to make sure your math is correct.
You cannot just take random stuff out of the trailer and add it to the truck bed. It doesn't work that way. You need a balance between the two.
Sponsored