Sponsored

Torn between ecoboost or Hybrid

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Ok

Adding 1000# to either drivetrain will lower mpg’s. You will still get better mpg’s with the hybrid.
That is what I was trying to say, sorry if I was confusing.
Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
since i got a spray in bed liner which is a constraint right now
Have you seen something official on that?

I switched to a spray-in liner a couple of weeks ago because my dealer showed me this image from his system. It showed Bed Tray Liner and Hard Drop-in as "Late Availability" but nothing on the Spray-in.

Ford Maverick Torn between ecoboost or Hybrid 1629736848982

I wondering if I made the wrong choice. Any info would be appreciated.

Bushmaster2000

First Name
Jones
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I would have gotten the hybrid if it had have also had the all wheel drive option or 4x4. But as it was only front wheel drive, i feel like i was forced to pick the ecoboost. I live somewhere they is a wide variety of terrain: snow, ice, mud, dirt, gravel. Not confident with having just a 2 wheel drive vehicle.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your No no no are just words without a valid argument
Hi Mav, please stop acting like you haven't seen a bunch of posts explaining IN DETAIL why hybrids are fine, why there's nothing to worry about, why many current hybrid owners are excited to buy this truck. You don't need for me to regurgitate that same stuff.

Buy what works for you, but hybrid technology isn't new, isn't worrisome, doesn't freak out mechanics in service departments, and people who post this crap are just trolling.

Please don't be one of those people.

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Hi Mav, please stop acting like you haven't seen a bunch of posts explaining IN DETAIL why hybrids are fine, why there's nothing to worry about, why many current hybrid owners are excited to buy this truck. You don't need for me to regurgitate that same stuff.

Buy what works for you, but hybrid technology isn't new, isn't worrisome, doesn't freak out mechanics in service departments, and people who post this crap are just trolling.

Please don't be one of those people.
Nobody said any of that.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Spray-in isn't a hard "late availability" but the resources for it are being prioritized more towards orders with luxury package that includes it than vehicles which have it separately optioned. So you still could be scheduled with it.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Spray-in isn't a hard "late availability" but the resources for it are being prioritized more towards orders with luxury package that includes
Thanks for the info.

But... how do you know that? Has there been some sort of announcement?

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Thanks for the info.

But... how do you know that? Has there been some sort of announcement?
I think it’s abased on the fact that people that have a luxury package where the spray in is included, have been getting build dates. And those that added the spray in aren’t getting build dates. But I could be wrong. Fwiw I got a build date the day after submitting. And mine comes with spray in.

Deleted member 1483

I am specifically ordering the hybrid with the intention of hauling around 1000lbs in the bed.

From what I understand it has been torture tested and is fine with the rated payload.

I look forward to saving money on brakes and fill ups.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
That’s not really true for hybrids since they still have an engine. That’s definitely true for strictly electric vehicles. If anything, the service will be the same, or more involved since there is more than one system to inspect, and in the 2.0 case service.
Most sources I have seen, snd itscquite a few, say that even discounting the fuel costs that hybrids are still lower cost to maintain long term because of fewer moving parts.

but in about 3 years we will have DOR hard numbers. It will be interesting to see.

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are we looking at wait time for hybrid vs ecoboost?
My birdie has said all thecTBOs should be completed by end of January, which considering it does not go on sale till Mid September means not all that long a wait. Ecoboosts are getting built more now, but soon the numbers will balance out since no stock units will be built until all the retail aka build to order) units are completed.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am specifically ordering the hybrid with the intention of hauling around 1000lbs in the bed.

From what I understand it has been torture tested and is fine with the rated payload.

I think you will be happy with it my personal loadout, including my power chair (452 lbs everywhere I go) plus all of the other crap I have to carry (amazing what all you have to carry when you have no immune system and a back so broken you lose 4 inches in height) will come in around 800-900 lbs. in my crappy hybrid now (HCH2) it results in about a 1-2 mpg drop. Heck I pulled a way overloaded trailer from one side of georgia to the other last weekend and only lost 4 mpg with a 14 year old no HVB battery etc junker.

this is a vehicle made exactly for folks like you and I. Small,great in town gas mileage, enough capacity to carry what we need. And if you find it doesn’t fit, I suspect you will not have an issue trading it in for a better fit. 100k reservations now.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you seen something official on that?

I switched to a spray-in liner a couple of weeks ago because my dealer showed me this image from his system. It showed Bed Tray Liner and Hard Drop-in as "Late Availability" but nothing on the Spray-in.

1629736848982.png

The solvent for the spray in liner was recently a constraint item. They tried a different solvent and had bonding issues so they switched back to the original (this was before production) but the solvent is used in tonnes of applications. So for a while it was reported that only those units where it was standard would be prioritized. Lately that chatter has gone away so presumably they procured enough or found a secondary (tertiary?) source.

mall I can say is that each scheduling cycle comes with a different set of constraints (oh the joys of a global pandemic and just in time delivery) so be in good communication with your dealer and watch out for posts by @Dealerinsider ,@fordvideoguy and Grainger (someone remind me his handle here) as they will all talk about the global issues causing constraints around scheduling time

OP
OP
Rozay

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51

Definitely this is what I’m driving around now getting 11mpg. Overkill for what I need it. I’m going to love the $ saved on payment and gas

Ford Maverick Torn between ecoboost or Hybrid F2FFEDCD-A937-42F6-8C5B-632B1AB39BC1

Ford Maverick Torn between ecoboost or Hybrid 4A5CAEF0-A17C-407D-9C24-9E305C3521DF

Salwans

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi A4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok

Adding 1000# to either drivetrain will lower mpg’s. You will still get better mpg’s with the hybrid.
Will more weight really negatively affect overall mpg on the hybrid? One would think that if there is more mass to be stopped, there is more energy to be generated (what regenerative braking is about.) Hence it seems the MPG benefit of the hybrid may potentially increase in this case (relative to EB.)

The ecoboost might however offer an advantage in a hilly area, and potentially hillbilly areas as well.:) (for the record, I ordered an eco-boost.)
Sponsored

Last edited: