erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello,
I ordered a hybrid in august and it will arrive to the dealer in 1-2 weeks. In January when I had no idea when the truck would arrive I bought an EcoBoost 4x4 with 4k tow package and off road package. I love the truck and how it drives but also want the hybrid for gas milage and am going to sell the EcoBoost. I am conflicted though if I should just keep the EcoBoost because I love driving it and don't know if will like the hybrid as much. probably will not need to tow 4k very often and do not go off-roading so 4x4 is a luxury rather than necessity. Anyone have experience driving both models who can advise?
Sponsored

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A lot depends on your economic situation and how sure you are of it remaining good for the foreseeable future. Of course, personality has a lot to do with it. A cheapskate like me would sell the EcoBoost and go with the hybrid. Since I don't have my truck yet, I can't comment on the difference in driving but after you buy gas a few times for both, maybe that will help make up your mind.

Angry Hippo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hot Pepper Red, FX4, 4k Tow
My advice is don't be in a hurry to sell the ecoboost before you give the hybrid a test drive... and make sure it's a nice LOOOONG test drive. Then make your decision on whether you want the hybrid.

If your financial situation allows, it may be profitable to purchase the hybrid and then immediately sell it.

The ecoboost is going to be the more fun vehicle to drive, hands down. Probably handles better with the upgraded suspension, too.

But with fuel prices the way they're going hybrid would be a no brainer, if only it came in AWD. For me, that is a non-negotiable feature. If you don't feel the same the hybrid is mighty appealing.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
if you want the extra power and speed eco and if you need hear truck start. If not hybrid but hyrbirds are harder to get . Gas mileage obiously hybrid is the winner but payload it losses to the ecoboost

Sponsored

jbandc122

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Isuzu Vehicross, 2004 Boxster S, 2018 Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m in the exact same situation as you with my hybrid getting scheduled. I’ll be watching this thread to see what you go with and how happy you are with the decision. Best of luck OP.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
if you want the extra power and speed eco and if you need hear truck start. If not hybrid but hyrbirds are harder to get . Gas mileage obiously hybrid is the winner but payload it losses to the ecoboost
Payload is same, I think you mean tow rating, but even that is the same on the FWD versions ecoboost or hybrid.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Payload is same, I think you mean tow rating, but even that is the same on the FWD versions ecoboost or hybrid.
thats what i mean and ok thanks for the correction
Sponsored