BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4 4K, 2020 Tiguan SE 4-Motion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I meant to mention that you may think about a headache bar or universal roof rack crossbar and hitch extender.

I'm thinking about the Keko Sports Bar and one of those elevated racks that go to your trailer hitch. That setup would be about $800. While that's less versatile I think it would be a little less. The Tri fold wouldn't hit it, and the sports bar looks pretty cool. But I'd mainly be using it for a kayak that would span.

Instead of the Keko bar you could just use a $150 universal roof rack crossbar and do it pretty cheap.
Yeah there's a good amount of options. In my case I would like to leave the hitch unoccupied so I can mount a small motorcycle carrier or cargo rack for cooler, firewood, or any additional cargo should we use up the bed.

I would love to just have a rack on top of the roof, but I'm not a big fan of the type that clamp inside the door frame and I'm leery of adhesives or options that require drilling. I like the idea of leaving the elevate rack on all summer and simply folding down my j racks when not in use even if it is a little more than I want to spend.

Personally I think ford should have given an option for roof rails like the Santa Cruz. I think Ford designers and consumers in general view the Maverick as a smaller version of a traditional pickup. I see it more as a multi-use, one size fits most type of vehicle. Roof rails are an obvious call even if it doesn't fit the truck aesthetic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah there's a good amount of options. In my case I would like to leave the hitch unoccupied so I can mount a small motorcycle carrier or cargo rack for cooler, firewood, or any additional cargo should we use up the bed.

I would love to just have a rack on top of the roof, but I'm not a big fan of the type that clamp inside the door frame and I'm leery of adhesives or options that require drilling. I like the idea of leaving the elevate rack on all summer and simply folding down my j racks when not in use even if it is a little more than I want to spend.

Personally I think ford should have given an option for roof rails like the Santa Cruz. I think Ford designers and consumers in general view the Maverick as a smaller version of a traditional pickup. I see it more as a multi-use, one size fits most type of vehicle. Roof rails are an obvious call even if it doesn't fit the truck aesthetic.
I will say the Santa Cruz having roof rails and T Slots is nice. Wish they had done this on Maverick.

Heyspike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.johnryan.us
Vehicle(s)
C5 - Fairway Green, SIlverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting thread, I would like the towers to be just under the roof line then add a kayak carrier when I need it. These towers look a bit too tall, is there another option out there?
My Tremor is coming in March I hope.

BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting thread, I would like the towers to be just under the roof line then add a kayak carrier when I need it. These towers look a bit too tall, is there another option out there?
My Tremor is coming in March I hope.
If you check out page 2 you'll see someone has shortened the elevate system. May be able to go even shorter.
That's where I'm at. I wanna leave the rack on all summer with a collapsible kayak carrier so I don't have to worry about low cielings in city parking garages and such.

Heyspike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.johnryan.us
Vehicle(s)
C5 - Fairway Green, SIlverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you check out page 2 you'll see someone has shortened the elevate system. May be able to go even shorter.
That's where I'm at. I wanna leave the rack on all summer with a collapsible kayak carrier so I don't have to worry about low cielings in city parking garages and such.
Looks like the Yakima is adjustable too. Saw one on a ZR2 on You Ttube.

Sponsored

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the Elevate racks in the bed and I have them set to the lowest setting. The Elevate racks is slightly above the roof line which should be perfect if/when I decide to install the roof rails. And Yes, I have a messy garage.

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails IMG_1847

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's winter here in Minnesota so my mileage has taken a hit as is usual with any vehicle. I went from 28.X to 27.X but it's normal, low air moisture reduces the compression so fuel economy goes down. The addition of the rack did make the mileage go down by about 7 tenths.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just noticed your pic! I have the same bed racks and have some questions about your setup. How long is your kayak, do you have any issues driving on the highway (cross wind) with your kayak setup, what kind of kayak mounts do you have and how high does it sit up from the cross bars?

I'm trying to figure out the best & safest way to transport my 17 foot kayak. Part of that process is getting some roof rails installed to give my kayak more tie down since it's so long or do I really need it?

IMG_1444.JPEG
Nice kayak. Mine is 14 feet. The saddles are Malone. To minimize rear overhang it sits very far forward and I use a front tie. At 17 feet you could add a single cheap roof rack with saddles to support the front end. No problems with cross winds so far.

Sponsored

BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if the truxedo sentry or something of that nature is compatible with the elevate rack system?

For that matter, if they work in conjunction, how to get one for less than $1000.

I was all set to get a cheap low profile folder but I love the look and (in theory) increased security of the sentry. Rather go that route if I can still use a rack at the same time and find a good deal on it.

ClintonDix

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if the truxedo sentry or something of that nature is compatible with the elevate rack system?

For that matter, if they work in conjunction, how to get one for less than $1000.

I was all set to get a cheap low profile folder but I love the look and (in theory) increased security of the sentry. Rather go that route if I can still use a rack at the same time and find a good deal on it.
You'll need the TS rails to have the elevate system. On Truxedo's product page for the TS rails they have a cover compatibility guide that says what tonneau cover systems work with and without the TS rails.

BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You'll need the TS rails to have the elevate system. On Truxedo's product page for the TS rails they have a cover compatibility guide that says what tonneau cover systems work with and without the TS rails.
Pretty well updated? I know there's new products coming for maverick all the time. I need to do some research and see if the elevate system is still the best buy.

ClintonDix

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty well updated? I know there's new products coming for maverick all the time. I need to do some research and see if the elevate system is still the best buy.
I think so , they have the 2023 maverick as an available option for it. if all else fails i'm sure you could call their customer service line and they'd probably be able to give you a concrete answer

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Truxedo Sentry and Sentry CT are compatible. See link below for confirmed list. Most low profile covers will be. Take a look at the install instructions, it gives you a sense how the TS Rails go in. Then review the install instructions for whatever cover you want. If it looks like it should work probably will.

Basically the TS Rails sit on top of the bed rails, and clam in to the side of the bed rail from below. The covers that sit inside the bed, have a flange over the side, and clamp to side from below should work. I have the TS Rails and the Truxedo Pro X15 sitting at my house waiting for the truck to arrive.

The shortest rails available (50') are what to get, same as the ones that go on the Gladiator. They sell on Amazon for about $180 and includes a set of tie down cleats. I ordered those instead of the factory in bed rail. Figure dual benefit and ability to use even with the bed covered.

As for system about $1k. Do a less expensive cover, the rails, then some cheap cross bars. They won't be high like the elevate rack, but give you extra storage for about 1k.

https://truxedo.com/images/Elevate_Rack_System_Booklet_Jan22.pdf

https://www.amazon.com/Truck-Elevate-1118414-Gladiator-Length/dp/B083GN94DP/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=1D4I258BMJEDZ&keywords=ts+rail+bed+rack&qid=1674251257&sprefix=Ts+rai,aps,193&sr=8-3&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095L6PB1...olid=1QBH8EFY3P4EE&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Sponsored

Last edited: