2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Previously I got the elevate TS rail (https://truxedo.com/product-detail/1118414) installed with my Maverick.

Has been looking for rack options, tried Yakima Tonneau Kit 1 (for OutPost/OverHaul), it doesn't fit (the base is too large).

Found this Amazon/HomeDepot rack option for 300$ (https://www.homedepot.com/p/CALHOME...-Tent-Camper-Bike-Rack-YH-PURACK-A/317488365?) or (Amazon: TMS Universal Aluminum Truck Bed Tonneau Cover Rack Crossbars Low Profile 2 Bars Set for Kayaks Bike Rack Rooftop Tent Camper Shells RVs). I think both link is actually the same thing.

Installed and works fine. Clearance to top of bed is ~8 inch and is adjustable. Now waiting for my Bak X4s to arrive.

Note: I have to use the T-bolt of the original TS rail tie-down anchor to mount the rack. What comes with the rack is too small and spins around in the t-slot.

Note: there is also an option from Front Runner, 2x 9.7inch leg pair LASS033 (ETA in 3 weeks) or 2x 6inch leg pair LASS026 , and 1x cross bar pair LBSK018, you can find it here: https://ruggedoutlander.com/search?q=LASS028

Ford Maverick Med-profile Rack with Elevate TS Rails PXL_20211112_033640931

Ford Maverick Med-profile Rack with Elevate TS Rails PXL_20211112_032936099

Ford Maverick Med-profile Rack with Elevate TS Rails PXL_20211112_033700810
Sponsored

Last edited:

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice. It looks like with those rails and rack, there isn't going to be an option to use an on the bed rail tonneau cover like the truxsport or the gator sfx. It would have to be one of the inside the rail type covers.
If someone who has their maverick could do me a favor. Could you get a measurement from the top of the wheel well to the top of the bed rail? I may forego a tonneau cover and build some truck bed storage drawers. Since I don't have a build date yet, I'm going through a million different potential configurations. LOL

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clean. Not clear to me how that setup will work with an X4S cover, but you'll let us know.

I like that height for skis, but I also need to carry lumber so I need a higher rack to clear the roof.

jdsegra

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick; XLT 4K Tow; Iconic Silver
OP, I don't think Truxedo lists the Maverick as an option on the site. did you buy a longer set and cut them down?

jdsegra

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick; XLT 4K Tow; Iconic Silver
Never mind. Figuried it out. Gladiator set. :D

Sponsored

Jroehrer10

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Keep me posted, I ordered the hard rollup from the ford accessories and would like the achieve the same exact thing

OP
OP
SiLence

SiLence

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Previously I got the elevate TS rail (https://truxedo.com/product-detail/1118414) installed with my Maverick.

Has been looking for rack options, tried Yakima Tonneau Kit 1 (for OutPost/OverHaul), it doesn't fit (the base is too large).
Can you please elaborate on the base being too large on the Yakima kit. I planned on going with the elevate rails and Overhual Rack as Truxedo said that combo should work.

OP
OP
SiLence

SiLence

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can you please elaborate on the base being too large on the Yakima kit. I planned on going with the elevate rails and Overhual Rack as Truxedo said that combo should work.
The base of the Yakima kit is wider than the width of the "top of bed".
And the clearance between the top of bed to top of the TS rail is much smaller than the gap of the Yakima kit.

I made a crappy drawing for how it would look like if you want to use the "yakima tonneau kit 1". You might be able to trim the rubber piece to make it work. But another thing is that if you look at the base of the Yakima Outpost Towers, you will notice that the contact between the Tower and the Rail is not stable (at least in my mind).

If you want a adjustable rack, there might be other options on Amazon that can be easier installed (and cheaper than Yakima), since they have a flat-base.

Ford Maverick Med-profile Rack with Elevate TS Rails 1639084048542
Ford Maverick Med-profile Rack with Elevate TS Rails 1639084340743

Ford Maverick Med-profile Rack with Elevate TS Rails 1639084875783

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The base of the Yakima kit is wider than the width of the "top of bed".
And the clearance between the top of bed to top of the TS rail is much smaller than the gap of the Yakima kit.

I made a crappy drawing for how it would look like if you want to use the "yakima tonneau kit 1". You might be able to trim the rubber piece to make it work. But another thing is that if you look at the base of the Yakima Outpost Towers, you will notice that the contact between the Tower and the Rail is not stable (at least in my mind).

If you want a adjustable rack, there might be other options on Amazon that can be easier installed (and cheaper than Yakima), since they have a flat-base.
Appreciate it! That's really helpful, but also pokes a big hole in my plan. I'll have to look into other racks....

Sponsored

mixyrn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Found this Amazon/HomeDepot rack option for 300$ (https://www.homedepot.com/p/CALHOME...-Tent-Camper-Bike-Rack-YH-PURACK-A/317488365?) or (Amazon: TMS Universal Aluminum Truck Bed Tonneau Cover Rack Crossbars Low Profile 2 Bars Set for Kayaks Bike Rack Rooftop Tent Camper Shells RVs). I think both link is actually the same thing.

Installed and works fine. Clearance to top of bed is ~8 inch and is adjustable. Now waiting for my Bak X4s to arrive.

Note: I have to use the T-bolt of the original TS rail tie-down anchor to mount the rack. What comes with the rack is too small and spins around in the t-slot.

Note: there is also an option from Front Runner, 2x 9.7inch leg pair LASS033 (ETA in 3 weeks) or 2x 6inch leg pair LASS026 , and 1x cross bar pair LBSK018, you can find it here: https://ruggedoutlander.com/search?q=LASS028

PXL_20211112_033640931.jpg

PXL_20211112_032936099.jpg

PXL_20211112_033700810.jpg
Nice setup! Can you tell me the dimension from the bottom of the bed to the underside of the crossbar? I am looking at using a similar setup to transport bikes and would like to know if the wheels would fit under the crossbars with the bike standing in the bed.

OP
OP
SiLence

SiLence

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice setup! Can you tell me the dimension from the bottom of the bed to the underside of the crossbar? I am looking at using a similar setup to transport bikes and would like to know if the wheels would fit under the crossbars with the bike standing in the bed.
The bed is ~20inch deep, so ~28inch is from the bot of the bed to the cross bar.

But to me it looks very difficult to try to put a bike in there due to the limited distance between the 2 bars.

I am only going this way because I want to have a cover as well. If you don't plan to use a cover (seems so if you want to have a bike standing), I think the Yakima setup has much higher weight capacity (since it is more securely mounted to the bed).

mixyrn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The bed is ~20inch deep, so ~28inch is from the bot of the bed to the cross bar.

But to me it looks very difficult to try to put a bike in there due to the limited distance between the 2 bars.

I am only going this way because I want to have a cover as well. If you don't plan to use a cover (seems so if you want to have a bike standing), I think the Yakima setup has much higher weight capacity (since it is more securely mounted to the bed).
I am using a roll up tonneau, too. Thinking of only using one bar in the back of the bed with a bracket that would attach to the seatpost of the bike and a simple wheel rack/holder in the front of the bed. Tonneau off for travel, on while riding.

If anyone else is interested in this setup, I also found what looks to be the same mid profile rack on Amazon for $250. () There looks to be a full size rack with

There is also a full size rack with adjustable height from 17.3-27.5" that looks to be from the same manufacturer with or without crossbars... () The minimum length of the cross bars are 41.7" might be too long in that configuration.

Last edited: