BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4 4K, 2020 Tiguan SE 4-Motion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Truxedo Sentry and Sentry CT are compatible. See link below for confirmed list. Most low profile covers will be. Take a look at the install instructions, it gives you a sense how the TS Rails go in. Then review the install instructions for whatever cover you want. If it looks like it should work probably will.

Basically the TS Rails sit on top of the bed rails, and clam in to the side of the bed rail from below. The covers that sit inside the bed, have a flange over the side, and clamp to side from below should work. I have the TS Rails and the Truxedo Pro X15 sitting at my house waiting for the truck to arrive.

The shortest rails available (50') are what to get, same as the ones that go on the Gladiator. They sell on Amazon for about $180 and includes a set of tie down cleats. I ordered those instead of the factory in bed rail. Figure dual benefit and ability to use even with the bed covered.

As for system about $1k. Do a less expensive cover, the rails, then some cheap cross bars. They won't be high like the elevate rack, but give you extra storage for about 1k.

https://truxedo.com/images/Elevate_Rack_System_Booklet_Jan22.pdf

https://www.amazon.com/Truck-Elevate-1118414-Gladiator-Length/dp/B083GN94DP/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=1D4I258BMJEDZ&keywords=ts+rail+bed+rack&qid=1674251257&sprefix=Ts+rai,aps,193&sr=8-3&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095L6PB1...olid=1QBH8EFY3P4EE&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Wait what... those amazon links... those racks and rails are compatible? And raise high enough that kayaks will extend over the cab?
If so that's a great deal and I know what I'm getting now. Almost makes the sentry worth the extra money.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wait what... those amazon links... those racks and rails are compatible? And raise high enough that kayaks will extend over the cab?
If so that's a great deal and I know what I'm getting now. Almost makes the sentry worth the extra money.
Those rails I linked won't raise up. For that you would need an elevate rack. You could consider hanging it off the back with a flag. But the rails are compatible with the rails. The rails use t slots, so if it attaches with t slot bolts it'll work. You can buy t slot bolts stand alone to change out the hardware of things as well.

Another thing for a kayak to consider besides a rack. You could get a universal roof cross bar, and a trailer hitch mounted extender. They make some that go high, and you could go from roof to hitch mount. That would be a really cheap setup as well.

BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4 4K, 2020 Tiguan SE 4-Motion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those rails I linked won't raise up. For that you would need an elevate rack. You could consider hanging it off the back with a flag. But the rails are compatible with the rails. The rails use t slots, so if it attaches with t slot bolts it'll work. You can buy t slot bolts stand alone to change out the hardware of things as well.

Another thing for a kayak to consider besides a rack. You could get a universal roof cross bar, and a trailer hitch mounted extender. They make some that go high, and you could go from roof to hitch mount. That would be a really cheap setup as well.
I wonder though... with the kayak j cradles mounted on the crossbars at the highest setting would the kayaks sit just high enough to clear the roof of the cab?

I'm guessing no, but it's worth looking into. I'm also currently too lazy to walk outside and measure the distance from the top of bed to the top of cab.

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder though... with the kayak j cradles mounted on the crossbars at the highest setting would the kayaks sit just high enough to clear the roof of the cab?

I'm guessing no, but it's worth looking into. I'm also currently too lazy to walk outside and measure the distance from the top of bed to the top of cab.
Don't think so but maybe.

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FE Rapid Red 2.5L Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've struggled with this for months... I originally wanted the Yakima Overhaul HD w/ HD crossbars combined with the BAK X4S. In the end I choose the "Elevate Rack System" b/c I felt it was the most workable solution with best price, availability and relatively easily modified. Bonus is the discount that RealTruck offers us.

I began the install this past weekend. To Start the BAK X4S & TS Rails installation is very straight forward and easy. The only modification needed was to trim the rubber seal against the back window. My modification may have been due to the Bedrug so do the full install to verify if trimming is needed.

The majority of my time spent was on the Elevate CS Racks. To be fair the rack install itself was very easy, my time was on modifications! As we all know the Mav is a small truck and IMHO this rack is made for the larger ones, but can be modified to work; at least for my needs. Bottom line, I wanted the Low / High settings to both be lowered. Additionally, I wanted multiple between settings to align with my Yakima Roof Racks for my kayak among other things.
Pic #1 Shows trimmed window seal
#2 Bedrug, BAK, TS rails
#3 CS Racks original low & high no crossbars
#4 Modified racks - 1-1/2" cut from both ends, re-drilled holes (don't use the original top holes).
#5 New High mount set points.
#6 New Low mount set points.
#7 Now it's aligned w/ the roof & doesn't block the brake lights.
#8 Aligned w/ Roof Racks.

I'm really pleased with the final results and the only thing that I would change is increase the end cuts from 1-1/2inches to 2 inches.

I hope this helps..

20221016_153054.jpg

20221009_163200.jpg

Original Low-High no Crossbar-2.jpg

Cut  & holes.jpg

Side High Alignment.jpg

Side Low Alignment.jpg

Roof Alignment.jpg

20221016_153158.jpg
UPDATE:

I get several people asking about my Bed Rack / Tonneau build & modification, so I thought I’d provide a 15-month update. I want to preface that I live near the coast in SoCal, so my weather is mild compared to many of you. I use my Mav as a daily commute, and my bed racks are on full-time. I have a 12’ Hobie Outback that I’ve carried on the Yakima roof racks, the Elevate bed racks; as well as a combination of both at the same time. My preference is using the rearmost bed rack / roof rack combination. I should add that prior to the bed rack I did use the Yakima Long Arm / Roof rack combination once or twice and it also works very well except from not being able to lower the tail gate (good affordable solution). I also drive up to the Sierras to camp & fish but haven’t yet taken the Hobie on the ~1K mile round trip drive but will! The bed rack & tonneau does have a small impact on gas milage but with very little effort I can easily maintain an average >525 miles per tank. As we all know any additional weight will have a negative impact on our great MPG.

First, I have had NO major issues with anything, but I did have a couple of minor ones with regards to the BAK X4s Tonneau Cover. With that said I must also applaud BAK and its customer service for their immediate (next day) response & resolution to my concerns!!! I called them 1/18/24 and after providing the requested pictures they approved replacing my tonneau cover this morning on 1/19/24!! My 1st issue was that the corner piece wouldn’t stay on and was finally lost while driving. The 2nd issue was that it appeared I was having a delamination problem at the end of the cover. They obviously agreed that it shouldn’t happen and will be replacing it. The un-answered question for me remains how long should we expect the cover to last?

A new item added to my excursions – “Yakima EXO Swing Away Enclosed Cargo Carrier”. I was originally going to add a roof carrier but wanted a more versatile solution. This keeps me out of the air-dam issue and is expandable while allowing full function of the tailgate (swings open). I made a bamboo topper that provides the convenience of cooking on top especially when swung open. I don’t have any real time use review until later this summer.

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails 1705717340798

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails 1705716640377

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails 1705716728364

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails 1705716785315

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails 1705716852249

Sponsored

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

UPDATE:

I get several people asking about my Bed Rack / Tonneau build & modification, so I thought I’d provide a 15-month update. I want to preface that I live near the coast in SoCal, so my weather is mild compared to many of you. I use my Mav as a daily commute, and my bed racks are on full-time. I have a 12’ Hobie Outback that I’ve carried on the Yakima roof racks, the Elevate bed racks; as well as a combination of both at the same time. My preference is using the rearmost bed rack / roof rack combination. I should add that prior to the bed rack I did use the Yakima Long Arm / Roof rack combination once or twice and it also works very well except from not being able to lower the tail gate (good affordable solution). I also drive up to the Sierras to camp & fish but haven’t yet taken the Hobie on the ~1K mile round trip drive but will! The bed rack & tonneau does have a small impact on gas milage but with very little effort I can easily maintain an average >525 miles per tank. As we all know any additional weight will have a negative impact on our great MPG.

First, I have had NO major issues with anything, but I did have a couple of minor ones with regards to the BAK X4s Tonneau Cover. With that said I must also applaud BAK and its customer service for their immediate (next day) response & resolution to my concerns!!! I called them 1/18/24 and after providing the requested pictures they approved replacing my tonneau cover this morning on 1/19/24!! My 1st issue was that the corner piece wouldn’t stay on and was finally lost while driving. The 2nd issue was that it appeared I was having a delamination problem at the end of the cover. They obviously agreed that it shouldn’t happen and will be replacing it. The un-answered question for me remains how long should we expect the cover to last?

A new item added to my excursions – “Yakima EXO Swing Away Enclosed Cargo Carrier”. I was originally going to add a roof carrier but wanted a more versatile solution. This keeps me out of the air-dam issue and is expandable while allowing full function of the tailgate (swings open). I made a bamboo topper that provides the convenience of cooking on top especially when swung open. I don’t have any real time use review until later this summer.

1705717340798.png

1705716640377.png

1705716728364.png

1705716785315.png

1705716852249.png
UPDATE: I received the replacement tonneau cover & installed today. Great job BAK & its customer service!

weston_111

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wessley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Luxury (Hybrid)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI, for anyone installing a bak x4s with the elevate ts rails, you may not be able to add the thin foam strips they provide with the ts rails kit. My fit was super tight and I had to take it back apart and remove the thin weather strips.

Happy to have the ts rails and bak x4s installed on my new mav though. Over the next year or so I hope to add a bed rack and a tent.

I did a little more custom on the bed dividers.

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails PXL_20240131_233036332.MP

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails PXL_20240131_233106267

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

FYI, for anyone installing a bak x4s with the elevate ts rails, you may not be able to add the thin foam strips they provide with the ts rails kit. My fit was super tight and I had to take it back apart and remove the thin weather strips.

Happy to have the ts rails and bak x4s installed on my new mav though. Over the next year or so I hope to add a bed rack and a tent.

I did a little more custom on the bed dividers.

PXL_20240131_233036332.MP.jpg

PXL_20240131_233106267.jpg
How weird... On my 1st install I used the thin foam strip, and it was OK. When I installed my replacement cover, I not only had to use the 1/4" foam strip, but I had to ask BAK (Real Truck) to send me spacers. The foam obviously compressed which made it necessary to add the spacers in order to get a consistent full-length lock! I just finished today and am happy with the way it's working now.

Additionally, I added bed lights for $20 on Amazon. I took the suggestion from another Maverick owner on YouTube and I'm happy with them.

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails 16418

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails 16419
Sponsored