Sponsored

Tonneau covers - trifold vs hard roll up?

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great! I like soft or hard roll ups. Not a fan of tri fold covers. I will be going with a soft roll up on mine!
I'm pretty much sold on a hard roll up. Thanks so much for the info and pictures!
Sponsored

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I noticed a few people are going with the Bak X4s and not X2. What is the difference between the X2 and X4s?

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I noticed a few people are going with the Bak X4s and not X2. What is the difference between the X2 and X4s?
X2 is matches the one ford sales.
The x4s has a all mat black finish even on the underside where the x2 is bare aluminum. The latch is suppose to be improved as well as the cover at the corner ends at the tailgate. The x2 has some issues where the rubber comes loose. Also the x4s has a 5 year warranty and the x2 only 3 year.
I think the x4s is a better looking and designed cover. There are some good comparison videos you can Google for more info. For the $ difference the warranty is worth it to me.
The tie down strap was also redesigned.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep matte black heavy canvas and black aluminum slats on the sentry ct as well.

Looks like 🔥🔥🔥🔥 I @#$&ing love it!

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sentry ct installed!

IMG_20211022_142413.jpg
IMG_20211022_142421.jpg
IMG_20211022_142429.jpg
IMG_20211022_142435.jpg
IMG_20211022_142444.jpg
Thanks for the pictures. Think I am going to go with the tri folder. For me will not be getting in that much and just flipping up the end will work for me and I like the look a little better.

Sponsored

DCP

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2018 Escape, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just ordered the GATOR SFX TRI-FOLD TONNEAU COVER from Realtruck.com for $245 + tax with free shipping. It's part of their "weekend chat sale" if you use the chat on their website today.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just ordered the GATOR SFX TRI-FOLD TONNEAU COVER from Realtruck.com for $245 + tax with free shipping. It's part of their "weekend chat sale" if you use the chat on their website today.
You should email the guy that was mentioned earlier in this thread, Alex. About a20 percent discount for my sentry ct... Probably better than the chat discount, maybe he can still adjust?

I had the gator soft TRI fold on my ranger and liked it, easy to use and was a good fit. Reasonably easy to remove should be very easy on the more reachable bed of the Maverick.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Does anyone know if the Bak X4S works with the optional bed rails? I'm not sure if the clamps would interfere with the bed rails.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if the Bak X4S works with the optional bed rails? I'm not sure if the clamps would interfere with the bed rails.
It should be fine it clamps down the same as X2 which is what the OEM hard roll is.

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
You should email the guy that was mentioned earlier in this thread, Alex. About a20 percent discount for my sentry ct... Probably better than the chat discount, maybe he can still adjust?

I had the gator soft TRI fold on my ranger and liked it, easy to use and was a good fit. Reasonably easy to remove should be very easy on the more reachable bed of the Maverick.
Great that your cover came so quickly. I have a Bak x4s on order, but starting to think about switching it to the Sentry CT the more I read about it.

The one hang up I have about the Sentry is it sounds like you have to unlatch and lift the cover to close the tailgate vs the x4s can be left down when closing the tailgate.

Is this true with the Sentry and has it been annoying to deal with so far?

Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great that your cover came so quickly. I have a Bak x4s on order, but starting to think about switching it to the Sentry CT the more I read about it.

The one hang up I have about the Sentry is it sounds like you have to unlatch and lift the cover to close the tailgate vs the x4s can be left down when closing the tailgate.

Is this true with the Sentry and has it been annoying to deal with so far?
According to the person I spoke with at Bak Industries they are saying that the X4s isn't going to be available until sometimes in Dec. They did get a batch of the MX4 Backflips and I was fortunately to order and receive one of those. The both have their pro's and con's. I am not a big fan of the canvas type material on the Sentry CT, but Tuxedo does make great covers.

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What about the fibreglass color matched ones. Any available for the Mav?

SamMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid Lariot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the hard roll up. two reasons, I like after it's rolled up it reads FORD and the fact that you can still see out the window when its rolled up. At least I think, I would really like to see a video on how it works. I saw a video on the tri fold and was really impressed, I would have had second thoughts if I had seen that first. I didn't know that it still locks down after the first section and second section is folded back.

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the hard roll up. two reasons, I like after it's rolled up it reads FORD and the fact that you can still see out the window when its rolled up. At least I think, I would really like to see a video on how it works. I saw a video on the tri fold and was really impressed, I would have had second thoughts if I had seen that first. I didn't know that it still locks down after the first section and second section is folded back.
If you want to see the Ford Hard Rollup, just google Revolver X2, it is the one ford sells, it just will not have the logo.

I plan to get the Revolver X4S, which is just a newer improved version with a longer warranty and is all matt black on top and under.

As short as the Maverick bed is, the rollups should cover less than half the back window. One of the reasons I like the hard rollup over the folding.

But most of the covers out there will work fairly well and look pretty good. Just depends on what someone wants and how much they want to spend...
Sponsored