First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're sure to get good snow advice from a Texan.
Who lived in Iowa for 24 years so yes I know all about snow and ice.

Your post is still full of misinformation.
Sponsored

Jim31460

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi
Yes, as long as you are going in a straight line, and never cornering, the center will wear faster. But if you enjoy your driving, and perhaps drive “aggressively” (relative to the road, NOT other vehicles), then you will wear the sides equally to the center.
The result will be a bit rougher ride. So pretend you’re on a bike……go around the imperfections, potholes, and manhole covers.
The pressures listed on both the car and the tires are cold readings. Increased pressure due to heat has already been figured in.
One more thing…….There is such a plethora of tires being put on these Mavs at the factory. Different tires, by different manufacturers, require different inflation. The on-tire number will, of course, be appropriate for that tire. I don’t know if the manufacturer’s sticker will change with the various tire brands.
As has been said here before……. Ford wants you to have a happy wife riding next to you, in a nice comfy ride. The tire manufacturer wants you to be pleased with the performance and lifespan of their tire.
Been doing this for 55 years. My tires ALWAYS last longer than the warranty, by a factor of 50%!
Gees , I have never gotten the recommended wear out of a tire. 60000 mile tire I would get maybe 30000 if I was lucky.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My maverick is the gas only motor ( ecoboost xlt fx4) and all.my ture are at 40psi which is what it had from the factory/dealership. Do sticker says 35. I get around 29mpg which is pretty good for what the truck is rated for. Also I live 50 miles from nearest highway.

Sloozie

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
The best way to check tire pressure is different depending on what tires brand,what I do start off at 35psi cold and check temperature with laser gun across tread cold then drive it for ten miles and check temperature across tread,it should be even across tread,if outside tread temperature is higher than middle,that is under pressure,needs to add 2-3 psi,if middle tread is hotter than outside tread then it's over pressure,lose air about 2-3 psi. Then wait next cold tire temperature and check what u got to keep it ever temperature and treadwear.. it works everytime getting more than 50,000 miles on my tires. NASCAR does this to there tires every tires before it goes on track.. all it is a simple math of what it takes to get it right...

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The best way to check tire pressure is different depending on what tires brand,what I do start off at 35psi cold and check temperature with laser gun across tread cold then drive it for ten miles and check temperature across tread,it should be even across tread,if outside tread temperature is higher than middle,that is under pressure,needs to add 2-3 psi,if middle tread is hotter than outside tread then it's over pressure,lose air about 2-3 psi. Then wait next cold tire temperature and check what u got to keep it ever temperature and treadwear.. it works everytime getting more than 50,000 miles on my tires. NASCAR does this to there tires every tires before it goes on track.. all it is a simple math of what it takes to get it right...
Very interesting, Johnny. A new use for a laser gun. I’m gonna give this one a try.
Got a road trip coming up next month. Gonna bring my gun with me. (As a resident of Mass, never thought I’d ever be saying that last sentence! Heh,Heh!)

Sponsored

Firecap18

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX,
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm OCD when it comes to pressure. Until recently ran exactly the recommended jam pressure. I'd adjust monthly when cold in the am . A few months ago I start adjusting to keep the cold pressure 2 psi above recommended and I was shocked how much better the car handles and absolutely got a few mpg better. I have an SUV and the spec says 33 psi cold so I'm running 35 cold now. I think you're better off running a bit over because if you have a cold snap your pressure drops 1 psi for every 10-12 degrees. Its better and safer to run the tire slightly over inflated than under (I'd estimate 10 percent or more), since heat builds up faster in an underinflated tire and in theory can cause a blow out.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Pump em up to 48 psi. See how it goes. Watch for accelerated tire wear in the center of the tire.
And beat the crap out of your suspension. Ride quality will suck.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The mfg'r label indicating tire pressure is a middle ground compromise, just like the all season tires they reference. It's the recommended pressure that will best suit a variety of conditions.

As has been clearly pointed out, there are advantages to higher & lower pressures, pending conditions. If you are super anal, and carry your trusted pressure gauge & portable pump, and like to adjust pressure on the fly to match a situation, that is ideal. However, 99.9% are not going to do that. Hence, the "best average for all conditions" inflation label was born. And for most, it's the Ron Popeil method of "set it, and forget it". 🤠

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yah, given that there are 4 pages to this, I'm fairly certain many people have already explained why, but I'll echo the sentiment: Don't over-inflate your tires. Even if it's below the "max pressure" you don't want to stay close to that for long periods...

Sponsored

Veer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
veer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am keeping mine around 37 PSI, the temp fluctuations will be make it 35-40. It's little over recommended but the ride is still soft. I tried above 40, the ride becomes harsh, I can feel road imperfections and the potholes makes a hard hit. Overall MPG, always in normal mode is 41.5 for 1100 miles. It's climbing as the temp is getting warmer, I did have to let the air out of the tires to get them down to 37 as the temp warmed up.

ford5

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150; 2018 Murano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A properly inflated tire will also have a longer footprint in addition to a wider one than an over-inflated tire. That is important for traction and handling. I'm guessing the Maverick would be fine from 35-40 psi but I wouldn't go over 40 to keep the ride comfortable.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
BTW, nobody said what tire pressure they are are running in their Mavericks ?
37 PSI as winter is nigh, and it will lose enough to be under the recommended 35 PSI in a few weeks to months.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tire pressure on door is rated for BEST RIDE not mpg. I usually run my tires at max pressure and still get over the rated tire wear, only difference is a little more road noise and slightly harsher ride.
"Slightly harsher ride"? Seriously? Riding on max psi tires is equivalent to running on Fred Flintstone tires ;)

Ford Maverick Tire pressure for best MPG ? 1665614502343

maggie06

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 crv 2022 oxford white maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is listed on the driver door frame. 35 PSI.

Just a FYI but the TPMS on my Maverick measures on the high side by about 2-3 PSI.

I have multiple digital and analog tire pressure gauges and they all measure the same 35 PSI I have in the tires. The TPMS measures 37-38 PSI.
Mines the opposite. Tpms 31. 32. Gauge 35.
Sponsored