First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03' VDC Outback wagon, 97' zoom zoom Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Neat! I received both the email and my vin today! Kind of feels like a 'what comes first, the chicken or the egg?' situation.
Sponsored

Kelli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would assume that Ford will rearrange the options to minimize the constraints on the 2023s
HUGE ASSUMUPTION! Most likely . . . NOT if you go by their current track record.

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, looks like I'm going to be getting a 2023. I'm not willing to take anything off my order, so it is what it is.

Maybe they will work a few more bugs out before they build mine. Silver linings I suppose.

I wonder if there will be any additional options or paint colors in 23 I may be interested in. I guess we will see whenever the new build and price goes live.

Sponsored

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope that all of the nattering nabobs of negativism promise right now to refuse the special private offer they will receive in August!

Also, I can't understand the theory that for some unfathomable reason Ford will take all of the unbuilt '22 orders and "place them at the back of the line of the '23 orders. Unfathomable and impossible because how would anyone know where the "end of the line" would be for the '23 orders. And if it was possible why and God's name would Ford do that?

I swear some people make these posts in the hope that someone will respond by putting an arm around them and softly say "Now now. Here here. Don't cy honey. It will be okay".

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope, and just a little FYI, I consider what I paid was an agreed upon price between the dealer and me. I will not disclose any financial details.
HE means he's too embarrassed to admit he paid the 5K over, but if he can afford it, hope he likes it.

Bigbill27

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn’t receive the email. I received all the other ones but not this one yet.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They did. A long time ago. Based on what they knew back then. Situation on computer chips was supposed to get better. It hasn't, it has gotten worse. Ever try to project inventory needs 12 months out or even 6 months out? During a pandemic and global shipping snafu? No? I didn't think so. It's never easy and nearly impossible in the current situation.

The industry I work in is not nearly as complex as building cars and projections are a complete nightmare. No supplier knows anything and if they do its wrong. And if it is right then the shipping gets screwed up and you are wrong anyway.

I understand your frustration but calling people who are doing the best they can in an impossible situation 'morons' is neither fair nor accurate.
Agree - Also try to manage service parts for a transit authority - Vendors are out of so many items without a reasonable back in stock date on thousands of parts. Fun

Sponsored

MAVERICK8011

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.yahoo.com
Vehicle(s)
Maveruck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
HUGE ASSUMUPTION! Most likely . . . NOT if you go by their current track record.
Even if they only eliminated the spray in bed liner, which seems to be a huge sticking point, that would help.

Kelli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even if they only eliminated the spray in bed liner, which seems to be a huge sticking point, that would help.
If you have a package and it's part of it, you can't delete it.
Sponsored