First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, it's a Hybrid but nowhere is the Hybrid listed as a constrained item in their listed constraints in the letter
My letter doesn't say what the constraints are and Hybrids alone are known to a constraint. They have been for a while. Watch some of Tim's videos--even the one from this past Tuesday. I believe he mentioned it in there.
Sponsored

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else notice that the copy sent to the dealerships in advance mentioned specific constraints, while the email we got just said something like "consider talking to your dealer and removing some stuff"? Surprised they didn't call out the lux package, CoPilot360, etc....
Mine included all the constraint items ...

adamgrattan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 deville
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My letter doesn't say what the constraints are and Hybrids alone are known to a constraint. They have been for a while. Watch some of Tim's videos--even the one from this past Tuesday. I believe he mentioned it in there.
Hit FAQ at bottom of email. This will list them

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Paste the text of yours so we can compare. Mine says.....

"If you want to keep your 2022 Maverick order
Contact your Ford dealer to review your order specifications and discuss the removal of certain features or packages that are preventing it from being scheduled for production. While there are no guarantees that these changes will result in your order scheduling, your Ford dealer will need to remove those constraining features or packages by July 8th for your 2022 order to potentially still be scheduled for production.

If we cannot build your current order and you’d like to convert it to a 2023 Maverick
Understanding you may not be able to take delivery of your 2022 Maverick order, we will be making a special private offer discount available beginning in August to those customers whose orders go unscheduled. This private offer may be applied towards the order and purchase of a 2023 Maverick. Please consult with your Ford dealer beginning in August when the 2023 model year Maverick order bank opens to understand more details about this special private offer."

The first post on this topic has wording directed at the dealers that literally starts with the phrase "The specific supply chain constraints...."

BlueOval5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 SuperCab XLT, 5.4L 3V, Chrome Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m down waiting for a 2023 model as long as I can make some changes to it. Good things come to those who wait or so it has been said. Actually, I placed the order figuring it would not be built for 2022MY so this kinda worked out in the end.

Its not cool that they make some stock units with unconstrained parts. Those could become constrained later on. Use the for customer orders.

It will be interesting to see how things shake out. There was 0% financing available at the time I placed my order, I have to assume that will be lost, no?

Sponsored

baseballchamps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Taurus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received that email, but guess what I decide to call ford CS and I have a schedule built date 8/8/22 for my July 7 2021, HYBRID oxy white Lariat , Co pilot, luxury package.. and she gave me my VIN #. HOPE THE BUILD DATE STICKS
Me too! Another useless and confusing email that was sent in error.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have a package and it's part of it, you can't delete it.
I'm saying that if Ford eliminated the SIBL from the packages for 2023, then that would help the situation going forward since the SIBL is part of the constraint problem. I am aware you can't cherry pick the SIBL out of the Lux packages at this point for a 2022 order.

Bob_Snow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This email doesn’t really say much. So my order may not be built. At this point we already knew this. I may roll it over into a MY23. But there are no details. Sounds like a last ditch attempt to get some people to drop constrained items.

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Summary:

Ford: We can't build your truck.
You can remove the options you chose and maybe get scheduled.
Or you can keep your options and choose the mystery offer.

What's the mystery offer? Find out in August!

But we need your decision by next week!

Choose wisely! May the odds be ever in your favor.

Ford Maverick This is the e-mail coming at 3PM today (6/29) to unscheduled order holders choose-wisely

Calmate'

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calmate'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 XL Mavi Eco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a ecoboost XL January 22- only add on is a rubber bed mat - 1st of all it's 2:45pm pacific time and I have received no email- I called customer assistance last week to find still not scheduled -clean- The way the "DEALER" email reads it states that due to the constraints they will have to start scheduling more builds that don't have constraints in order to keep things going. I'm hoping that means that Ford is at least making the attempt to produce and deliver as many units as possible-Unfortunately it means skipping past some orders they just don't have the parts to build for. It would only makes sense- just a crappy shame some can't get the truck the way they want it- lucky for me I wanted a gas eco boost strippo -Lets see what happens - everyone stay patient- I am in the car business working for another manufacturer and this is just the current way of the world right now - it's the worst times I have seen in my 55 years :(

Sponsored

JakRussll

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Understanding you may not be able to take delivery of your 2022 Maverick order, we will be making a special private offer discount available beginning in August to those customers whose orders go unscheduled.

*** Well, that pretty much answers the question of will there be a significant price hike in '23 models. Gone will be the $19,999 starter XL price. I'm thinking 10 - 12% across the board increase.

waitingonford

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They did. A long time ago. Based on what they knew back then. Situation on computer chips was supposed to get better. It hasn't, it has gotten worse. Ever try to project inventory needs 12 months out or even 6 months out? During a pandemic and global shipping snafu? No? I didn't think so. It's never easy and nearly impossible in the current situation.

The industry I work in is not nearly as complex as building cars and projections are a complete nightmare. No supplier knows anything and if they do its wrong. And if it is right then the shipping gets screwed up and you are wrong anyway.

I understand your frustration but calling people who are doing the best they can in an impossible situation 'morons' is neither fair nor accurate.
So that’s why you underestimate. You can always open up orders if things improve. Basic customer service. Glad we agree on their communications dept though :)

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Lariat only has one constraint, Lux package, which had to have CP360 and has spray-in attatched as well! Not many delete-able items if I want the Lux.

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
As usual no email from Ford.

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson Limited
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On January 25th, 2022 I ordered the XLT with the lux package, AWD, sunroof, tow package, rear window, FX4, 360 co-pilot. Area 51. Today I got that email. I have a 2002 Lincoln Continental which drives and runs great. It gets low MPG around town. I was hopeful the Maverick would come in but now I see 2023 on the horizon. I'm 72 and am not getting any younger. I'm hoping the 2023 model year has some change ups in the line up. With the price of gas there's a difficult decision ahead. I really don't need AWD so if possible I might switch to a Hybrid. Last week I went out and purchased the car of the future, a Hyundai Tucson Limited. The features blow Maverick or any Ford away. I still believe in Ford but I need to move out the gas hog Lincoln so I had to get something. Here's looking to August and a potentially better Maverick ensemble in the new lineup. Instead of what I ordered I'm hoping to get a hybrid and I could care less at this point about AWD. However if it comes in I will pay cash and flip it and order a hybrid. In the meantime I wouldn't remove any item I ordered just to get a car. No way.
Sponsored