First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Funny last couple weeks I've just started thinking yeah they probably won't get me in to a 22 I'm guessing they'll force me into a 23 and I got this email. I'm hoping we get a pretty good deal on the 23s because of this, be nice if I can get the 22 base price plus price on all the upgrades when I ordered them before the price increase, and add on some of the new 23 features if I want them.

Work my way to a all-wheel drive plug-in hybrid XLT lux for under 30k, that'd be nice.

From the sound of the "discount", they're going to probably be giving everyone the same flat discount, and my suspicion is it's going to be the difference between the barebones XT '22 (post price increase) and the barebones XT '23 and F' everyone who ordered before the price-increase or had options added. I don't want to be a pessimist, but Ford's given us every reason to do so.

What I'd LIKE to see is a lock-in at your ordered price AND the 1.9% finance AND an option to switch to an exclusive "22/23 club edition" that is fully loaded with all '23 year options (with choice of hybrid or ecoboost) for well under the sticker price... like $6k off or better... that maintains your original 22 order date/place in line and the 1.9% financing. Since my "4-6 week wait" turned into an 12-18 month wait, I don't think that's too much to ask.

edit: AND an absolute 100% NO BS guarantee that there will be no dealer markup or mandatory upgrades beyond what was on the original order. Any dealer that does not agree to this and sign a legally binding document at the time of the order rollover loses the order and Ford will ON THEIR END transfer the sale to your nearest dealership that will.
Sponsored

Last edited:

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone else notice that the copy sent to the dealerships in advance mentioned specific constraints, while the email we got just said something like "consider talking to your dealer and removing some stuff"? Surprised they didn't call out the lux package, CoPilot360, etc....

AddieNH

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
Also got the oddly worded and carefully vague e-mail, as though they went out of their way to avoid being clear. I ordered later than most on the site (1/16, EcoBoost XLT with I think the tow package, floor liners... I didn't THINK it was anything too bad)- so I'm curious what the constraints are that I could remove.

Either way, given the dates, I'm pretty sure I might as well start getting ready for the "special private discount" for MY23 which I'm sure will still cost something. Ford is a company after all and they need to make money.

My issue is that my current '99 Ranger is slowly dying more and more every day; there's only so much I can do to keep it going. So it may be something else for me entirely now.

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would read that again.. Don't think you will getting what you want either way and you will have to reorder if rolled over to 2023 so there actually no roll over.
I did read it again and refuse to believe it. Ford can't do that to people. They simply can't. People have been waiting or about to wait literally over a year...and now basically told that their order is canceled?? They should be moved to the front of the line for a 2023. If not...this is the worst thing Ford could possibly do. People could re order a truck a second time and simply not get it 2 years in a row!

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got the FORD email. Forwarded it to my dealer so that they know I've seen it, and also forwarded the 'internal' communication sent to dealers that was mentioned in the first post of this thread (also to let the dealer know I'm aware of the August 2nd 'internal' order bank date). Let's see how long it takes them to respond.

Sponsored

Backyard-Dawg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Ford Motor Company Are we going to keep our place in line? or do we get early access to submit our order before the general public? Otherwise this is going to end up with most of us getting jumped by someone putting in a order for the first time in 2022 and not having had to wait for months, likely with a cash deposit sitting somewhere.

TomMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now the next waiting game!!!!
What will be changing for 2023 MY????
Will Ford publish the Order Sheet before the Order Bank opens?
Will the "Private Offer" be greater than or equal to: MSPR when ordered AND the finance rates?????

Zathras

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta
just got it..10/13 hybrid lariat lux

i wonder with this private offer discount(to address price protection), would we still be eligilbe for the financing options that were available last year? (ie. 0% 3 yr, 1.9% 4yr)
This was the first question that popped in my mind when I read the email.

I want a Maverick.
I want the Hybrid.
I want it to be Cyber Orange or some over-the-top color.
I want the XLT package the the Lux features and the Co-Pilot 360.

Today I dropped close to $1000 to get my current car fixed., while I dream of the Maverick.

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The "special private discount" is going to be an apology card signed by an intern, and 10k fordpass points.

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The "special private discount" is going to be an apology card signed by an intern, and 10k fordpass points.
you're being generous...

Sponsored

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now the next waiting game!!!!
What will be changing for 2023 MY????
The price
Will Ford publish the Order Sheet before the Order Bank opens?
No, but an unverified and likely erroneous one will leak before then
Will the "Private Offer" be greater than or equal to: MSPR when ordered AND the finance rates?????
It will be a free ford maverick hot wheels included with full '23 sticker price (plus 10k dealer markup) purchase.

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My issue is that my current '99 Ranger is slowly dying more and more every day; there's only so much I can do to keep it going. So it may be something else for me entirely now.
I had a 99 Ranger as well. Sold it shortly after ordering a Mav, but still have my 2012 Escape Hybrid, (29.5 mpg). I was afraid some major thing would go wrong with the Ranger, so I sold it while I could. Now that summer is here, I could really use a pick-up, but oh well. :(

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The price

No, but an unverified and likely erroneous one will leak before then

It will be a free ford maverick hot wheels included with full '23 sticker price (plus 10k dealer markup) purchase.
or a free fits kit that only some will get

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh wow. Did you pay 10K over value or 20k?
Nope, and just a little FYI, I consider what I paid was an agreed upon price between the dealer and me. I will not disclose any financial details.

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great marketing. You can't get what you want, but hang in there. 2023 looks like it will be way worse than 2022 for ordering and waiting. Not the best time in history to buy a new car.
Sponsored