First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The way I read this is that anyone who has a MY22 order that does not get built will need to re-order as a MY23. So no automatic roll-over.
However:
  • The 'order bank' will open internally on August 2nd. Maybe to allow dealers to enter 'roll-over' orders?
  • The 2023 order bank will open August 15th for 'new' orders
  • Ford will offer a private offer discount to MY22 orders that renew for 2023, possibly the difference amount between 2022 and 2023 cost.
  • That private offer discount will be complicated by any changes in packages and options so will need to be customized for each build
  • Packages and options may change (will change) thus the need to write a new order instead of automatic roll-over
  • Constraints will continue and packages and options may be altered to avoid some of those constraints. Meaning some packages may be split up and some options may be dropped
If this works as I interpret it then MY22 order holders will have roughly 2 weeks to get their orders in before the order bank is opened for any new orders. Constraints aside that means MY22 roll-overs get precedence in the queue. It also means that if you do put in items that are constrained then you might get your truck after a 'new' MY23 order with less constraints.

*just my personal interpretation of the memo and email.
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When's Tim's (ford video guys next YouTube)
He does the YouTube streams every Tuesday, but he usually does a Q&A on Facebook on Thursday evenings as well.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
what I saw was that the "Internal Order Banks" open on August 2nd.
They will be giving more info to dealers about switching orders to MY23 on that date. Looks like dealers will be able to transition orders to 23 before the general order banks open.

If I am remembering correctly from the Bronco, some of the remaining 22s might be automatically transitions to 23 by Ford (so original order receipt date is retained) and then the dealer has to work w/ the customer to update any changes (in case options changed in 23) to the order and then submit with a new priority code. When Ford auto transitions the order, it will be given a "hold" priority code, and won't be eligible for scheduling until it is reviewed and resubmitted by dealer.

That is how I expect it will work based on how it has with other vehicles. We'll see for sure in a little over a month!

db9884

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What about those of us whose dealer did not complete the ROVP, so we have an order in the system, but it is not a "verified" order? Will we get to use the two week window and receive a private offer?...

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The way I read this is that anyone who has a MY22 order that does not get built will need to re-order as a MY23. So no automatic roll-over.
However:
  • The 'order bank' will open internally on August 2nd. Maybe to allow dealers to enter 'roll-over' orders?
  • The 2023 order bank will open August 15th for 'new' orders
  • Ford will offer a private offer discount to MY22 orders that renew for 2023, possibly the difference amount between 2022 and 2023 cost.
  • That private offer discount will be complicated by any changes in packages and options so will need to be customized for each build
  • Packages and options may change (will change) thus the need to write a new order instead of automatic roll-over
  • Constraints will continue and packages and options may be altered to avoid some of those constraints. Meaning some packages may be split up and some options may be dropped
If this works as I interpret it then MY22 order holders will have roughly 2 weeks to get their orders in before the order bank is opened for any new orders. Constraints aside that means MY22 roll-overs get precedence in the queue. It also means that if you do put in items that are constrained then you might get your truck after a 'new' MY23 order with less constraints.

*just my personal interpretation of the memo and email.

That looks about right to me! (I work @ a small dealership)

I expect that verified "unscheduled clean" orders will be transferred to 23 by Ford (in a way that keeps the original order date), but will need to be confirmed by the dealer and resubmitted (after consulting w/ the customer for any necessary changes due to the packages/options being different).

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What about those of us whose dealer did not complete the ROVP, so we have an order in the system, but it is not a "verified" order? Will we get to use the two week window and receive a private offer?...
We don't have the details yet..... Unfortunately, my guess is that it will most likely be no. But I hope that I am wrong!

FAN2PLAYER

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've had my Maverick since January, but if I was in this predicament, I would demand they do these 2 things to compensate for this mishap:

1. No Destination Charge
2. Guaranteed Pilot 360

Other than that, I would ask for the Eruption Green, would want to have the split bench rear seat & an option for AWD drivetrain.

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He does the YouTube streams every Tuesday, but he usually does a Q&A on Facebook on Thursday evenings as well.
Thanks.iam not on face book.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Biggest questions to be answered, IMO:

1. Can carryover orders be switched to a different dealer?

2. Is the private offer amount going to be based on price differences between your MY23 order and a comprably equipped MY23 truck? Or, is going to vary based on what you ACTUALLY order for MY23. In the former scenario, it could actually really work out in your favor. For example, let's say you have the lux package in your current order, and you choose to drop it for your MY23 order. If Ford gives you a private offer compensating for the price difference, you could not only save the cost of the package but a few hundred dollars extra. Will be interesting to see how Ford handles this.

3. If you get a private offer and choose to place your MY23 order with a DIFFERENT DEALER (see question 1 above), is the private offer good there? Or, if you find a stock Maverick on a dealer lot somewhere that you want to buy, is the private offer good on that? Or, is it ONLY good when applied to the ORIGINAL, CARRIED OVER ORDER with the ORIGINAL DEALER?

At this point, I feel it's stupid to make any changes to my existing order, in mere HOPE of getting scheduled, without knowing what the options will be for MY23. I think it's better to just ride it out with my current order. If Ford can get it scheduled, great. If not, then I'll take my chance with the private offer, any potential new features/options for MY23 and hope the private offer details are generous and flexible.

res0991

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Confirmed, email received. RIP.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name