First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-450, Flex, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just went out and threw a level on mine, I only tested the full open position but sure enough it sits over an inch lower than level with the bed.
Sponsored

OP
OP

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
I have always hauled a lot of plywood, paneling, sheets and I'm glad the tail gate is slightly higher. If you load 6 sheet of 1/2" ply the Maverick will dip an inch or more from the weight putting the tailgate probably level. I have a suspicion the tail gate is like it is on purpose....to keep material from sliding out.
It's lower not higher. I agree I would rather it higher, I sometimes put a piece of dunnage on the tailgate to haul plywood.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

How much damages should we ask for? :sleep:

Sponsored

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's actually 3 positions. You can attach to the latch pin, hook beneath the cable pin, and that sets the tailgate at a higher angle that's slightly above the higher set of horizontal pockets in the bed.

As Tim Bartz demonstrates @ 8m15s
doesn't look level in video

clif442004

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I'm more interested in

hearing the reasoning/engineering concept behind it if it exists. Purely curiosity on my part :D

It is lower so the Vertically challenged have a chance to scrape their toes on ground while sitting on tailgate during party🤔😁

OP
OP

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
That this thread has gained traction has truly given me insight on the level of insanity that surrounds us all.
True, the fact that people feel the need to chime in just to say that they don't care or that I am nit picking or over reacting is a sign that our society is obsessed with internet fighting. I was just putting this out there to find solutions to a limitation with the way this truck functions. I use it to haul material, i have owned a lot of trucks and expect a tailgate to function a certain way. There is no need to comment if people are not interested in solving the issue or think it is not an issue.

OP
OP

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
Sponsored

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford owns the factory in Hermosillo and has the final approval on all products. The bronco top fiasco was outsourced all the way to a Michigan facility with Webasto (German company). The tops looks terrible in all video reviews. Ford can shift blame all they want but it ultimately falls on them.

I’m starting to question my decision to buy a Maverick. I mean Ford drilled a hole in the fuel tank installing a spray in bed liner! How do you even do that? I’m sure the tank was empty so it wasn’t apparent. Perhaps a robot drilled 1/8th inch to far (so many jokes). We have seen a huge lack of oversight on the production of these trucks so far. The process hopefully gets locked down before I get mine.
The spray in bed liner filled the drain holes so some industrious worker figured they would fix it!! LOL

ArizonaLouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same issue with my XL I just picked up second week of December. I don't like the saggy tailgate at all. I'm hoping Ford makes proper cables as a recall.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost