First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
100% having a strong fleet presence is great for individual owners. Good point made.

We're going on 2+ years of commodity/constraint chaos from Ford. Nothing surprising about it at this point. They continue to let people order trucks they don't have all the components to build. It's a bad practice that is almost always communicated poorly by Ford. Hitting a home run with the Mav and Bronco isn't doing much good when you can only build to 1/3 of the demand. Their earnings are starting to reflect that.
I disagree fleet sales such as police/cares taxie/cabs rental/cars just fleet sales period De/values the product of the manufactories that produces them such as ford dodge chevy you do not see Honda fleeting there cars such as police and or taxie or rental. That is why "Honda" has the best resale value than any car on the market. Not toyota or any other brand. when you goto a rental you will hardly ever see a honda avalible, but you will see ford,Chevy,Dodge,Toyota but very and i mean very few hondas and that is because they have to pay full price for Hondas. So you say let ford sale all these "Mavericks" to the fleet/Corp and you if you get it you will be waiting at the back of the line . It may take well over a year to get it good luck with your support for these fleet/corp!
Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's like the two separate lines at Disneyland. The Fast Pass line and the regular line. Those who paid extra gets to go on the faster line but the rest would have to wait on the much longer line.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All of you that is waiting on E-Mail from ford, For a production date on there Eco-Boost "X L T" Might have to wait a little longer due to Ford wanting to make deliveries to customer's who make very large orders "multiple" orders such as O'Reilly Auto Parts ordered 1,000 X L Hybrids and they were Delivered i would think that this would hurt the loyal customer such as your self and me.Now keep in mind that only 15% of the X L will be built. And also only 35% of all Maverick build's will be Hybrids. I am of the opinion that this 35% of 89,000 order's=31,150 total Hybrid/Mavericks and of that total only 15% will be X L Hybrid Mavericks this =4,725 total to be built for the year in witch one customer "O'Reilly auto/Parts got 21.2% of that number=1,000 in one order.If you ordered a X L you will be a very lucky person to ever receive it. And only 26% will be Lariat/Hybrids 26% of 31150=7,875 and 59% X L T =18.550. I personally ordered a X L from the largest ford dealership in my area and it has been a the ford dealership for one hundred and eleven years and has plenty of allocations and i am a priority#10 and i will be very lucky to get this truck bye August or Sept if i get it at all the numbers are just not there.
Unfortunately the large companies like O'Reilly Auto Parts are actually their "loyal" customers, not you or me. This is my third Ford product in 12 years purchased new, that doesn't pale in comparison to these companies so I don't blame Ford for prioritizing their orders. Ford can also count on them returning in a few years to purchase another large contingency of vehicles and they gain a lot more by prioritizing fleet orders than they do individual customers. Sorry to say it but it is what it is and that's the reality of the situation.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And if all the retail orders dry up (not likely) they at least have the fleet orders to pay for all the tooling etc. and not take a loss on their investment. On the bright side, in three years there will be used Fleet Mavericks for sale!

Get used to seeing a lot of white Mavericks running around!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

100% having a strong fleet presence is great for individual owners. Good point made.

We're going on 2+ years of commodity/constraint chaos from Ford. Nothing surprising about it at this point. They continue to let people order trucks they don't have all the components to build. It's a bad practice that is almost always communicated poorly by Ford. Hitting a home run with the Mav and Bronco isn't doing much good when you can only build to 1/3 of the demand. Their earnings are starting to reflect that.
Yeah I think their only fault in both the Maverick and Bronco segment is not dedicating them each their own line in their own plant from the start to meet demand. But when you are building on a shared platform and its a new niche, that is a seriously bold move for a company like Ford. It would have paid off and if they did it now after the fact it would be an even bigger gamble because of competition entering the segment. Thats the pickle.

Sponsored

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's people like you what ruin perfectly good paranoid rants.

I like it.

Never understood the hate for fleet orders. Fleet orders are just as legitimate as any other, a customer is is customer. For those complaining, maybe they ordered way before you did.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

And if all the retail orders dry up (not likely) they at least have the fleet orders to pay for all the tooling etc. and not take a loss on their investment. On the bright side, in three years there will be used Fleet Mavericks for sale!

Get used to seeing a lot of white Mavericks running around!
I can see em lined up at the scales with loads of scrap metal down on 1st street.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford made a huge gamble by creating the Maverick. They did not realize how strong the demand would be, so they hedged their bets and made the BS and Mav on the same assembly line.

They also went off the data from previous years of hybrid sales and committed to only 35% of production. That number more than likely comes from the earlier data of (top of the line hybrid models) and slow sales. They made the hybrid the "base" engine and unleashed a flood of orders from people (like myself) that would have never considered a hybrid due to the upcharge.

Now here we are.

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never understood the hate for fleet orders. Fleet orders are just as legitimate as any other, a customer is is customer. For those complaining, maybe they ordered way before you did.
I have never seen auto parts delivery trucks towing a trailer. Hitches are a constraint item so that is a waste of hitches. Should have used those on customer orders who intend to use them.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have never seen auto parts delivery trucks towing a trailer. Hitches are a constraint item so that is a waste of hitches. Should have used those on customer orders who intend to use them.
How do you know who bought those white XLT's with hitch's?

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gonna be some happy Maverick owners soon enough!

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I disagree fleet sales such as police/cares taxie/cabs rental/cars just fleet sales period De/values the product of the manufactories that produces them such as ford dodge chevy you do not see Honda fleeting there cars such as police and or taxie or rental. That is why "Honda" has the best resale value than any car on the market. Not toyota or any other brand. when you goto a rental you will hardly ever see a honda avalible, but you will see ford,Chevy,Dodge,Toyota but very and i mean very few hondas and that is because they have to pay full price for Hondas. So you say let ford sale all these "Mavericks" to the fleet/Corp and you if you get it you will be waiting at the back of the line . It may take well over a year to get it good luck with your support for these fleet/corp!
So why don't you buy a Ridgeline?

Gardner79

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2017 Toyota Sienna
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How do you know who bought those white XLT's with hitch's?
Fleet order mavericks with trailer hitch could be great for certain business. Like lawn care, needing a small trailer to tow a couple lawn mowers.
Sponsored