First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do you know who bought those white XLT's with hitch's?
Seems odd that so many were delivered at the same dealer on the same time. I would think it was a fleet vehicle order. Someone mentioned parts stores like Napa, Pep Boys. Advance, or Auto Zone having these trucks. Personally I never seen those stores haul a trailer. That's why I posted that.
Sponsored

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fleet order mavericks with trailer hitch could be great for certain business. Like lawn care, needing a small trailer to tow a couple lawn mowers.
Never really thought about that. A Maverick would be great for that.

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems odd that so many were delivered at the same dealer on the same time. I would think it was a fleet vehicle order. Someone mentioned parts stores like Napa, Pep Boys. Advance, or Auto Zone having these trucks. Personally I never seen those stores haul a trailer. That's why I posted that.
It has to be frustrating for those who are waiting but it's unknown when they were ordered. I agree a trailer hitch is not likely for auto parts store but a utility company: maybe.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The O'Reileys here got a bunch of them late 22 and replaced a bunch of very old white Rangers. I noticed the AutoZone's around here just got Nissan Frontiers.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

But OP said these are XLT's, not XL's. Since when did Ford (or any others) care about the individual consumer when compared to Corporate America. It is obvious who gets first choice. After all, this is F O R D - Form Of Regulated Deception when it comes to the little guy getting his/her Maverick. Constraints for everyone else, but not big guys.
Easy dude.... put on the Tinfoil hat and everything will be okay... think he was just trying to offer a reasonable explanation for someone paying $16K extra for a fleet of 8 XLTs in lieu of a fleet of 8 XLs.

Might have been that the fleet manager didn't want the fleet to look too cheap and opted for XLT to get the alloys and perhaps even the security of the locking tailgate. I've noted here in Arizona that a rather famous pest control company (Truly Nolan) equipped all of it's Nissan Frontiers with Alloys, despite ordering the XE and S models over the years.

Regarding the hitch... it's a cheap $100 insurance policy that gaurantees anyone in the fleet can move around a piece of equipment to someone else or another site that needs it. Time is money.

Regardless interesting choice.... And if that fleet doesn't randomly go to auction in 6 years, perhaps the resale will be so much better that the added cost becomes a wash.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The hitch is also a no loss convience for them, in that they should more than get the $100 back in resale value and marketability when it's time to replace the fleet.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well all I can say is it's probably not a "waste", they more than likely had a need if they ordered the optional hitch, "fleet" vehicles are used by all kinds of businesses that could use a hitch, also think about all the City and County governments, street & sanitation, parks and recreation, utility companies, the list goes on and on. Yes that's a lot of hitches, but their entitled to them as much as a retail customer is IMO
Definitely not a waste. Almost all vehicles need a hitch if for no other reason than to carry like bicycles or a tray to haul totes or gas cans or bulk items that otherwise would not fit inside. A pickup with a 4 1/2 ft bed is much more likely to need a hitch than a pickup with a 6 ft bed and at $100 is is well worth it for no other reason than resale considerations.
Sponsored