Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have seen a few Mavs at the dealership but the first time I got a chance to talk to a person who drove one was at the Home Depot saturday. Turns out it was a part of a fleet of 3 his company bought, I think they were surveyers or inspectors or something like that. They also had 2 more on order from the mainland. It was an XL hybrid with PPF, a locking hard bed cover, and the inverter. He said his company paid $18,000 for it plus the extras. Thats a steal! Does anybody know if this pricing could be true? Is there fleet models with less electro-nannies? How does this fit in with production schedules and allocations?

Anyone have any insight or is this a secret we aret supposed to talk about? :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Brett3550

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm sure they get special pricing for their fleet vehicles. Normal MSRP is $19,995 for this same vehicle.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
I'm sure they get special pricing for their fleet vehicles. Normal MSRP is $19,995 for this same vehicle.
The way they're optioned out for Fleet ordering is odd too, I wonder if they come without certain safety systems or amenities to lower the price further for fleets. I saw one fleet maverick on Carvana that was an XL ecoboost with a power driver's seat. Too bad Carvana was asking almost $40k for it and it was pending purchase. Insanity....

Cigargoyle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would bet they have a Competitive Price Agreement (CPA) with Ford, and get volume incentives based on model.

Sponsored

Pizzacat_69420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Supercab (StupidCab_TM) 2.7T
Not every municipality is ready to buy new vehicles. They may have several that are aging, but not due in the current budget cycle.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Not every municipality is ready to buy new vehicles. They may have several that are aging, but not due in the current budget cycle.
Yes, certain fleet management system require annual condition ratings along with an analysis of repair and maintenance costs. This is a checks and balances kind of scenario so money isn't being spent unnecessarily on new vehicles.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1. The probably aren't in a buying cycle
2. Government purchasing authorities are usually pretty risk avoidant (A new vehicle)
3. It's probably not a great idea for any institution to invest in a fleet vehicle that they can expect replacement parts to be non-existent for years (I think some people here have already run into that trouble)

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have seen a few Mavs at the dealership but the first time I got a chance to talk to a person who drove one was at the Home Depot saturday. Turns out it was a part of a fleet of 3 his company bought, I think they were surveyers or inspectors or something like that. They also had 2 more on order from the mainland. It was an XL hybrid with PPF, a locking hard bed cover, and the inverter. He said his company paid $18,000 for it plus the extras. Thats a steal! Does anybody know if this pricing could be true? Is there fleet models with less electro-nannies? How does this fit in with production schedules and allocations?

Anyone have any insight or is this a secret we aret supposed to talk about? :ROFLMAO:
True the more you order the bigger the discount
Sponsored