First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you look real carefully at the rear bumper cut-outs, you can see what looks like 2.5 or 3 inch pipes, there's a definite circular outline of a pipe inside the square cut-outs. - Its difficult to see, but they're definitely there.

Maybe it's the trimming to hide the wheel well bulges making an optical illusion, however, anyone else think it seems to sit a bit lower than other stock photos of a Maverick? - The tires also look wider than 225 sizing, maybe 245 or 255.

That doesn't appear to be a radiator to my eyes inside the lower grill, the tubing looks more like an A/C condenser to my eyes. - Maybe, just maybe an intercooler, but sort of looks more like an A/C condenser.

And of course the stubby antenna, in place of the 6" long or so unit currently being used.
Sponsored

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you look real carefully at the rear bumper cut-outs, you can see what looks like 2.5 or 3 inch pipes, there's a definite circular outline of a pipe inside the square cut-outs. - Its difficult to see, but they're definitely there.

Maybe it's the trimming to hide the wheel well bulges making an optical illusion, however, anyone else think it seems to sit a bit lower than other stock photos of a Maverick? - The tires also look wider than 225 sizing, maybe 245 or 255.

That doesn't appear to be a radiator to my eyes inside the lower grill, the tubing looks more like an A/C condenser to my eyes. - Maybe, just maybe an intercooler, but sort of looks more like an A/C condenser.

And of course the stubby antenna, in place of the 6" long or so unit currently being used.
I hear you on the A/C condenser. It could be. But I don't see any other form of engine cooling up front which would say this is an EV after all. I also can't see exhaust pipes in those cut outs.

I need this spies to get better lenses.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How does anyone know that this is a ST version based on these photos? Also, why the closeup shots of bumpers and the undercarriage of another Maverick?

Could they only get 'long lens' shots of the red Mav but somehow Ford gave them access to a lift to take photos of a gold one?

Maybe I'm missing something. . . . .

Good luck to everyone still waiting. . . including me.:)
It's all speculation by everyone at this point, given Ford has not officially announced anything.

Follow the clues, Ford's model history, and your own imagination to make a guess. :)

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The back end looks lower to me put maybe they are just doing fully loaded bed testing.

Sponsored

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And yet, still no fog lights.... /s
Yep. I am reminded every day when I start my Maverick. The one on the dash has driving lights instead of the blank plastic next to my tow hooks. Just how tough would have been to add the fog/driving lights there and keep the look we have on our dash display? Ford had a badder idea.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What ever happened to the Rattler ?

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And yet, still no fog lights.... /s
Not trying to stir up a fuss, but I really don't get the big deal about fog lights. I've only had one vehicle that had them. (Chevy Trailblazer) I tried them out a couple of times in foggy conditions and I honestly couldn't tell any difference. 🤔 Never bothered with them again.

Sponsored

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 13.jpg

Just in! Our spy photographer caught an interesting new Ford Maverick prototype which could possibly represent an early mule for a higher-performance (ST?) variant. This prototype is not wearing a license plate, which may mean that testing is currently limited to the relative safety of Ford’s test track, where our long lens caught it doing laps

Key Camouflaged Elements Suggest Higher-Performance Intentions.
This early prototype is rocking disguised wheel arches, which appear to be flared a bit to allow wider tires. The truck’s wheels are also covered with camo-covered disks. The most interesting bit, however, is found when looking at this Maverick’s rear-end…Is that a dual exhaust set-up?

Dual Exhaust: The Visual Evidence
While the current FWD Hybrid and AWD EcoBoost Mavericks are both equipped with a single exhaust pipe tucked under the left side of the bumper, this new prototype looks like it has dual exhaust outlets. Although photographed from long-distance, it appears that holes have been cut into the corners of the rear bumper—within the protrusions which frame the panel housing the license plate and tow hitch. We took a close look at a production Maverick to make sure that those textured bumper nubs aren’t separate, pop-out pieces, and they are not. Ford engineers had to physically cut these openings, in the perfect place for a dual-exhaust set-up.

Upgraded Intercoolers On Display?
Although fine details elude us on these long-range shots, we think we can see evidence of changes within this Maverick’s front-fascia’s air-intakes. There appear to be new intercoolers visible in the bottom of the Maverick’s primary grille, as well as in the prototype’s lower air-intake, suggesting a possible high-performance intent.

This tantalizing Maverick testbed appears to be an early work in progress, with the key changes focused in all the areas that would be addressed in a sportier variant. Front-fascia design changes would come along later in development, to more artfully accommodate the performance-focused cooling, and provide a more aggressive look. We’ll definitely be on the hunt for a closer look at this prototype, to see what’s going on in higher-resolution form.

2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 13.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 12.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 11.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 8.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 2.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 3.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 9.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 14.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 4.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 15.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 10.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 6.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 5.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 7.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 1.jpg
This Maverick is riding quite a bit lower.

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
my vote is for the maverick lightning with whole house backup capability; 500 mile range. Oh, and sub 4s 0-60

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How does anyone know that this is a ST version based on these photos? Also, why the closeup shots of bumpers and the undercarriage of another Maverick?

Could they only get 'long lens' shots of the red Mav but somehow Ford gave them access to a lift to take photos of a gold one?

Maybe I'm missing something. . . . .

Good luck to everyone still waiting. . . including me.:)
They were showing the difference between this maverick and stock Ines rear bumper
Sponsored

Reactions: JJC