Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Well, I'm not really basing my masculinity on my vehicle choice. As the1mrb says, hybrids are currently the best compromise for me between efficiency and range. I just for back from a trip to Death Valley this weekend, camping in a spot with no electric hookups at all, much less car chargers. Someday there will be charging stations everywhere, but it won't be in the next five years.

That link you cite talks about 12000 charging locations and 33000 plugs. There are 168000 gas stations in the US and probably close to 1000000 pumps. Plus it takes 5 minutes add 300+ miles in my current vehicle. The link says that the faster Ford chargers can add up to 32 miles range per hour. That means that not only do you have to wait longer to charge, but also that you're less likely to find an open charger as it takes much longer to cycle through vehicles. I like fully electric vehicles and hope that I have one soon for anything that involves driving in my metro area. But out West the distances are long and the spaces pretty empty so a fully electric vehicle isn't ideal for outdoor exploration/recreation yet.

A great example of how a hybrid can be deployed is the new Jeep Wrangler 4xe. It adds a plugin hybrid drivetrain to a very capable vehicle to make it more efficient and pore powerful. I could do my commute on electricity only, but still refuel in Podunk, Nowhere if necessary.
Ford Maverick Spied: Ford Maverick Interior First Look 190DD180-D0AB-41A5-AFDB-771D27193331
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You seem oddly fixated on Priuses when there have been hundreds of thousands of other hybrids sold in the last decade, the Ford Escape - which likely shares architecture with the Maverick - being one of those models. You probably don't even realize when a hybrid Camry, Highlander, Fusion goes by. And in a lot of In a lot of ways, hybrids make even more sense to me on larger, less inherently efficient vehicle types as they can carry the extra weight more easily and a 5mpg gain matters a lot more from 18 to 23 than 35 to 40 mpg.

Also, kind of off topic, but does anyone buy a Prius for eco cred anymore anyway? I mean I'm not claiming theyre cool, but that stereotype seems very outdated. They now just seem like an efficient, reliable, appliance of a vehicle and a majority of the ones I see now seem to be using that as a benefit for taxis/ride share stuff.

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Feeling emasculated by a hybrid is such a weird dude-bro thing to me. It has never made sense. I adore the Prius. If you need a super roomy hatchback to daily drive, you literally cant beat a Prius.

Hybrid when it comes to trucks is an incredible market too. Look at the new hybrid F150 where it can be used as a generator and gives plugs in the bed. You can run a small welder off the hybrid system in that thing, its incredible. Combine it with a healthy fuel mpg increase and there's literally no downsides.

The absolute BEST version of hybrid powertrain though is one where you can plug it in at home if you want and use the vehicle in all electric mode for a while until the juice runs out and it switches to gas engine (which is turn slowly charges the batteries back up also). THAT is the way of the future for me. I dont like full electric vehicles yet just due to the infrastructure not being up to snuff yet but a partial hybrid electric is a phenomenal idea. A plug in/electric hybird Maverick would be stupid cool. Give me even a 50 mile range on battery before needing recharged and I could probably run that thing in electric mode only 80% of my time driving and commuting.

Last edited:

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Feeling emasculated by a hybrid is such a weird dude-bro thing to me. It has never made sense. I adore the Prius. If you need a super roomy hatchback to daily drive, you literally cant beat a Prius.

Hybrid when it comes to trucks is an incredible market too. Look at the new hybrid F150 where it can be used as a generator and gives plugs in the bed. You can run a small welder off the hybrid system in that thing, its incredible. Combine it with a healthy fuel mpg increase and there's literally no downsides.

The absolute BEST version of hybrid powertrain though is one where you can plug it in at home if you want and use the vehicle in all electric mode for a while until the juice runs out and it switches to gas engine (which is turn slowly charges the batteries back up also). THAT is the way of the future for me. I dont like full electric vehicles yet just due to the infrastructure not being up to snuff yet but a partial hybrid electric is a phenomenal idea. A plug in/electric hybird Maverick would be stupid cool. Give me even a 50 mile range on battery
Ford Maverick Spied: Ford Maverick Interior First Look 3A67CF50-0BB4-4F90-95F1-8D521160BEE3

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We just got the first look inside the new Ford Maverick pickup, revealing the key details of the entry-level pickup’s dashboard. We’ve added in a full selection of exterior shots, Ford Ranger comparisons, and undercarriage shots, to give the most complete look yet at Ford’s new addition to its pickup truck range.

Maverick’s Dashboard Completely Uncovered
The Maverick’s interior shows many examples of the switchgear that has been lifted from the Ford Bronco Sport but it the new truck has been given a completely unique interior design. The size of the Maverick’s infotainment screen can’t be officially confirmed, but it looks similar to the 8-inch LCD that’s found in the Bronco Sport. The Tuning, Volume, and infotainment control buttons are housed in a unique swath of material looks like it has been designed to resemble a speckled granite countertop. The HVAC controls reside lower on the center stack, just below the central air-vents. Ford’s typical transmission control dial can be seen resting atop the transmission tunnel.

“MAVERICK” Branding Confirmed On Prototype’s Tailgate
The Velcro securing a small flap on the rear camouflage came unstuck, revealing portions of three large letters embossed on the prototype’s rear. The letters “V,” “E,” and “R” can be seen when viewed from various angles, wholly consistent with “MAVERICK” embossed on the tailgate—just as Ford does with the “RANGER” and “F-150” lettering on its current trucks. The photographic evidence caught on this real-world prototype under test also provides further confirmation of earlier leaked images showing a CAD drawing, and an apparent physical tailgate shot indoors. There’s no remaining doubt that this is a pickup truck, and that its name is Maverick.

Detailed Look Under The Box
We were able to get some close-up shots of the rear suspension, shooting beneath the rear bumper. We can see the structural elements, coil springs, and the placement of the Maverick’s truckish shock absorbers. The spare tire can be seen tucked up beneath the truck bed. The rather odd, low-slung routing of the exhaust system suggests that, out-of-the-box, the Maverick is not intended for serious off-road duty.

FordMaverick.interior.g01.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.interior.g02.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.interior.g03.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.interior.g04.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.interior.g05.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.interior.g06.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.interior.g07.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.interior.g08.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.interior.g10.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.atg01.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.atg02.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.atg03.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.atg04.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.k02.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.k04.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.k07.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.k08.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.k09.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger02.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger03.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger04.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger05.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger06.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger07.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger08.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger09.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger12.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger13.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger14.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger15.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger16.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger17.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger18.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger19.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger20.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger21.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger23.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger24.KGP.jpg
FordMaverick.Ranger25.KGP.jpg
MaverickGrille.g02.KGP.jpg
MaverickGrille.g04.KGP.jpg
Holy shit balls this was accurate. Basically identical nearly 1 year after these pics leaked.
Sponsored