Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ignored them. Anytime I run into a troll on here, im getting into the habit of using the ignore button. lol
ditto. my ignore list grows weekly. (though not as fast now that the flippers have exited).

back on topic, we should see some official reveals in a matter of 6 to 8 weeks, where we will understand where each of the grills go.... I'm thinking several possibilities for differentiation.

EB XL, Hybrid XL probably same grill
EB XLT, Hybrid XLT probably same grill
EB Lariat AWD unique grill (I bet we haven't seen this one yet)
Hybrid Lariat AWD unique grill (I bet this is the vertical one)
Tremor package unique grill
Sponsored

DrFaustus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick FWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Half of that front end is held on by tape and a prayer. I'll wait for an official release to cast judgment.

Triraptor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The grill looks better on this one. However, it still has that stupid plastic covering up half of the headlight assembly. Get rid of that and square out the headlight assemblies. Similar to the F-150 and Ranger.

Cleek

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford grill design has gone from razor blade to cheese grater. I still think the Lincoln honey comb looks best.

Sponsored

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any of the grill designs I could deal with, but those... FUGLY flaps at the bottom of the lights are unforgivable. 🤮 If I do decided to trade up in the next few years (which is looking unlikely) I would have to find a 22-24 on compart that was rear ended and swap the front end.

Blinky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fiesta ST, 1991 Toyota Dyna
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any of the grill designs I could deal with, but those... FUGLY flaps at the bottom of the lights are unforgivable. 🤮 If I do decided to trade up in the next few years (which is looking unlikely) I would have to find a 22-24 on compart that was rear ended and swap the front end.
Agreed, those cheek-flap things just make the front end look off.

Bwicka

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick tremor/2023 maverick hybrid lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

UPDATE:
Just after showing another new grille design for the facelifted 2025 Ford Maverick, we caught yet another (third) new face. This third new grille design looks closer to the current Maverick grille, with a horizontal crossbar encompassing the Ford oval. The new face shows off the new headlight design, first revealed on a completely undisguised Maverick test vehicle earlier this week.

Likely Shows the New Maverick XL Grille
We think this new grille may represent the base XL Maverick grille, for two reasons: 1) The headlights look like they may be more simplified, without the prominent LED signatures, and more halogen overtones, and 2) This prototype’s side mirror doesn’t have the new camera that’s in place on the higher-end Lariat model spied earlier. It would seem that a mroe entry-lvel version may still be available without the upgraded safety and possible autonomous features that appear to be coming for the updated trucks.

ORIGINAL POST:
We just caught another one of the 2025 Ford Maverick’s new grille designs, thanks to a prototype that has shed its front-end camouflage.

Like the completely undisguised prototype we caught earlier this week, this Maverick test truck is running on 19-inch wheels, but NOT the dished turbofan design. Instead, the truck in these latest shots is wearing the original 19-inch wheel design from the initial phases of testing.

This Maverick prototype showcases the new headlight design from the our earlier shots, but the new grille is a big departure from the vertically-slatted grille caught on the earlier Lariat prototype that was caught, undisguised, in blue. Instead, this new grille looks like a more traditional pickup grille treatment, with an aggressive, woven mesh design. We’re not sure exactly what trim this model represents. It could be and XLT, but we’ll have to wait for more camo to be discarded to know for sure.

Grille #2
2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-1.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-2.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-3.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-4.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-5.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-6.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-7.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-8.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-9.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-10.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-11.jpg

2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-12.jpg

Grille #3
2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-13.jpg
2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-14.jpg
2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-16.jpg
2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-18.jpg
2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-15.jpg
2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-17.jpg
2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-19.jpg
2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-21.jpg
2025-maverick-refresh-new-grille-19-inch-wheels-20.jpg
The grills , eh ok I guess ,not loving the u shaped insert looking design like blue one , loving all the painted ( lariat ) handles but non body colored mirrors?
Also the one model is showing what appears to be cameras below the mirror?
Interesting!
We will see I’m sure it only gets more expensive as it goes!
As far as focus group , these are my thoughts.

Harry's Humble Hitch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
¬Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dakota Club V8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the three grills look high tech & sharp, fitting in a world with EVs.

They also seem higher flow. Are mavericks getting too hot? Is it for better areo? Is the 2.3L coming? Or is it just prototyping?

Last edited:

Azmkat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like they're sticking with decades old incandescent turn signals....disappointing.

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like they're sticking with decades old incandescent turn signals....disappointing.
Nothing a little Lasfit can't fix.

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
#3 is legit, would be my choice

James Garner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The headlight redesign destroys the jewel-like shape and sparkle of the present 2022-24 design. I think the new design is a BIG mistake. Mark my words )-:

I think they (Ford engineering and design teams) feel like they have to change the exterior design because "it's time," whether or not the changes improve the aesthetic appeal of the Mav or not. Instead, why not change it up by adding the plug-in option and hybrid all-wheel drive since the proposed exterior design changes seem so uninspired? (The Maverick was obviously a labor of love to its creators. I hate to see it screwed up.)

Also, some people don't like the blue tint to the slate interior parts. How much would it cost to add some more carbon black to the plastic before molding to make dark gray the all-vehicle common interior secondary color? A lot of people don't like the slate color with the BAP. Imagine two shades of black in the BAP interior/upholstery!

Just make a few minor changes to the exterior so that car geeks can identify the MY at a glance. Things like door handle colors and rearview mirror covers.

OR, ... get inspired! You got a real good thing going!

Last edited:

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just giving my 2 cents to Ford since I plan to buy a 2025 Maverick!!

I feel like I'm at the eye doctor, and they keep flipping the lens back & forth. Which is better? #1? #2? #1? #2? #2 or #3? #2? #3?...

I don't hate any of them. 1) But I like the vertical lines grill the best! 2) Then the ovals. 3) And lastly the semi-octogons and smaller/flatter ovals.

Whatever you do, please let a black bumper be an option. I do NOT like the painted bumpers.
Sponsored