First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorento Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess if this happens to my blue Mav and ford does not make it right I will proudly display ford quality everywhere I go!
Hopefully Ford makes this right before my Maverick is built.
Sponsored

armerdcatfish

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Every flat color Subaru has this issue. My Crosstrek looked like the surface of the moon after one year. On the subbi forums everyone complains about it.

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
It appears the Maverick may be plagued by an issue very common with the Bronco Sport. Three pit marks in the front end of my vehicle already after just 400 miles.
If you have the time I'd take it back to All Star in Baton Rouge, state your case, at least get it on record about what's happening. No guarantee they'll be accommodating but can't hurt. Ask about making a claim with FoMoCo, at least that way you'll get a formal response from Ford on them either accepting or denying the claim, if more widespread issues with Maverick paint develop in future you'll have your problem on record.

I had a new 2016 F150 Screw I'd bought out-of-state in DFW area. With less than 1000 miles on it, took it to my local dealer in MS where I lived at the time for getting spray-in bedliner work done. When going over the scope of work with service manager I made an offhand comment about some minor small "holiday" areas in the paintwork at the rear of the truck. Slightly bigger than pits in your pics. I wasn't that concerned (I'm not particular that way). But the service mgr took it seriously, he offered without prompting to have the rear holidays (and another in front I'd not even noticed) paint repaired. Of course he had my color in stock at the time, not sure nowadays with dealers in the "shortage of everything" era.

Maybe All Star will step up and do you good, maybe not, but worth asking.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hopefully Ford makes this right before my Maverick is built.
They won't. This is a well-known issue on the Bronco Sport, which was out well before the Maverick.

jkbressman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid 2022 Ford Maverick, first edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Paint protection is basically 2 coats of wax. I used to work at a car dealership and we’d have the lot boy wash and wax it twice.
How long does a wax usually last for?

Sponsored

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On the bronco forums, are folks reporting any issues with alto blue?

OP
OP
CLH917

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
More common doesn't make it more okay for this to be happening.

I haven't seen any white, carb gray, silver or black with issues on Bronco Sport forum yet and I've tried to follow pretty closely. I have also witnessed some owners here taking delivery in white, black with no mention of this defect. Lo and behold our first paint issue is with a cactus gray Maverick, in which many issues have already been reported on Bronco Sports. I still think it's the 20mm wider Toyo tires that are throwing up small stones, debris. I know @CLH917 doesn't believe me that those could be thrown on the top and front of his vehicle but they quite literally can when running larger aggressive tires. I know about this issue with small chips all too well.
So you think it’s a common problem happening to wide array (Bronco, Bronco Sport, etc.) of vehicles or you think it’s because I sized up one size on tires. 245’s are only 8mm wider than tires that come from Ford. You’re making it out like I put 12 inch wide mud terrains lol.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
More common doesn't make it more okay for this to be happening.

I haven't seen any white, carb gray, silver or black with issues on Bronco Sport forum yet and I've tried to follow pretty closely. I have also witnessed some owners here taking delivery in white, black with no mention of this defect. Lo and behold our first paint issue is with a cactus gray Maverick, in which many issues have already been reported on Bronco Sports. I still think it's the 20mm wider Toyo tires that are throwing up small stones, debris. I know @CLH917 doesn't believe me that those could be thrown on the top and front of his vehicle but they quite literally can when running larger aggressive tires. I know about this issue with small chips all too well.
also, the cars in front of you can throw road debris/rocks on front, top of hood and fenders, windshield, and even roofline above windshield. All of those have happened to me over the years. Even vehicles going the opposite way passed me have tossed up little rocks that dinged my cars in the past.

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It appears the Maverick may be plagued by an issue very common with the Bronco Sport. Three pit marks in the front end of my vehicle already after just 400 miles.

0778A486-B301-4369-A76B-1BC663B729C2.jpeg

56BB7F6B-6027-4F41-B7DD-000ABD40DE83.jpeg

BD9B10EA-1F0E-41D7-AB79-74A98FBD1975.jpeg
To me, they look like the stone chips like the ones on both my cars…

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
any opinions on the protective film on hood/fenders you can get factory applied as an option for $360.00? Coincidentally to this thread I was able to test drive a 2.0 Eco Maverick at my local Ford dealer last Thursday which finished my researching and testing & sealed the deal to order my Maverick. We agreed I should go do my final build sheet and come back to place order. While doing that, I decided to add the protective film even though it seems kinda pricey. Now seeing this thread it adds confidence it is the right move and in my budget anyways. I choose Carbonized Gray so that may be a bonus too...

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll probably cover the whole vehicle since thats what I do for a living. Sunkek (owned by Eastman Kodak and made in America ) has new film with a ceramic coating called Reaction that Ill be using on it.

https://suntekfilms.com/paintprotection/ppf-reaction

Usually for trucks and SUVs, I'll recommend a partial coverage like those old black vinyl bras. They sit up high enough that its only the very front taking the most beating. Many customers will get the full front done, whole hood and fenders plus the bumper and side mirrors, but this can easily double the cost. Partial coverage will stop about 90% of the damage so to get that extra 10% runs 50% more.

Ford did a really smart thing by covering the top sides of the bed with plastic panels, i get a lot of requests for that area on other pick ups.

20170705_150747.jpg

20170705_150512.jpg
still amazing to see how good this stuff works!!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
any opinions on the protective film on hood/fenders you can get factory applied as an option for $360.00? Coincidentally to this thread I was able to test drive a 2.0 Eco Maverick at my local Ford dealer last Thursday which finished my researching and testing & sealed the deal to order my Maverick. We agreed I should go do my final build sheet and come back to place order. While doing that, I decided to add the protective film even though it seems kinda pricey. Now seeing this thread it adds confidence it is the right move and in my budget anyways. I choose Carbonized Gray so that may be a bonus too...
The factory applied shield looked terrible on the Broncos. Would the Mavericks be any better ?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The factory applied shield looked terrible on the Broncos. Would the Mavericks be any better ?
Nah, the factory option PPF doesn't cover a lot of area with a very visible 3mm gap from the edges.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I looked at the Alto Blue Lariat trainer vehicle that visited my local dealership it was hard to see the applied shield. I didn't realize it was even on there until I was taking some pictures (that I later deleted) to notice it. It was very subtle, perhaps other colors the shielding more apparent. I've ordered a CGM so I will add some shielding the to front of my Mav, especially after seeing how well it works!
Sponsored