First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sadly, a sign of the water based ecologically friendly paints, combined with the cost cutting done most manufacturers.

Easily damaged paint isn't only a Ford thing, even many import brands are having complaints regarding the thickness and durability of their paints. Some colors are more affected than others, typically with shads of silver/gray usually having the most complaints historically. My wife's Sunrise Orange colored 2018 Crosstrek (assembled in Japan) was repainted courtesy of Subaru, due to paint issues at just under three years old. My 2012 Subaru Outback, make in Indiana, still has showroom new looking paint, however, the Outback is Satin White Pearl in color, and in my opinion has thicker or more coats of paint, than her Sunrise Orange.

Maybe it's a good thing I'm most likely not seeing my Maverick before June or July. I can wait and see what all the issues are, before deciding to actually take delivery. (Ordered a Hybrid, which some owners have had cold-starting surging, with red-hot converter issues with, so I'm content to wait it out at this point).
Sponsored

Mtnflyer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is very thin!! Clear coat isnā€™t much at allā€¦ I love my Maverickā€¦ but taking shortcuts on a truck that can add up to mid 30ā€s-40 is not cool
I agree, I hate the argument some people make about it being a budget truck, therefore you need to accept a sub par product. This is BS, my Mustang and F150 are expensive, I just expect more from FORD.

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is very thin!! Clear coat isnā€™t much at allā€¦ I love my Maverickā€¦ but taking shortcuts on a truck that can add up to mid 30ā€s-40 is not cool
no such thing as a "front quart panel".

LILā€™ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree, I hate the argument some people make about it being a budget truck, therefore you need to accept a sub par product. This is BS, my Mustang and F150 are expensive, I just expect more from FORD.
I couldnā€™t agree more!! Well saidā€¦ Iā€™m over and annoyed and disappointed with folks on here or elsewhere sayingā€”itā€™s a sub par 20k$ truck, itā€™s cheap, itā€™s a budget truck, what do you expect, blah blah blahā€¦ wellā€¦ here is what I expect! For 20k$ safe, reliable, good quality no matter the cost or mfgā€¦. Also, $20k isnā€™t cheap?? But here is the rubā€¦ most folks outside of getting a base hybrid fwd or base fwd xlā€¦ arenā€™t buying these trucks for 19-20k! I paid $33,500.00 for my Maverickā€¦ I would have paid almost $42k for what I wanted but couldnā€™t find!!! Mav lariat with lux and all optionsā€¦ so Iā€™m sorry but $30-45k I expect the fucking thing to be straight as an arrow and slicker than snot! If itā€™s not, Iā€™m going to speak up about it, Iā€™m going to get it fixed, and enjoy it! What is cheap to you isnā€™t to meā€¦ thatā€™s fine if $30k and up is cheap to yaā€¦ but donā€™t hate on it or people being upset for not liking something that shouldnā€™t be an issue, even on a 9k$ new vehicle! Itā€™s new, itā€™s cool, I love this truck!! But itā€™s not cheap!! Sorry I canā€™t or wonā€™t buy a $100k truck that offers me the same satisfaction or usage as my $33k Maverick.
Ok sorry rant overā€¦. But I had to thank you for your wordsā€¦ g

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I touched up my rock chip yesterday with the three different color coats of the Cyber Orange Tri-Coat yesterday, and I found 3 more chips. Front edge of hood, front bumper tow hook (which is my paint job, can't blame Ford for that). Maybe something to this paint issue...

šŸ˜¢

I know I will stop defending it at least. These are touched up and watching for the next round.

šŸ” šŸ‘€ šŸ”Ž šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ”­šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I touched up my rock chip yesterday with the three different color coats of the Cyber Orange Tri-Coat yesterday, and I found 3 more chips. Front edge of hood, front bumper tow hook (which is my paint job, can't blame Ford for that). Maybe something to this paint issue...

šŸ˜¢

I know I will stop defending it at least. These are touched up and watching for the next round.

šŸ” šŸ‘€ šŸ”Ž šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ”­šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
I'm definitely going to do some PPF on these areas that seem to be taking a beating. It's sad when you get that first chip on a new vehicle, but touch up and press on with life, I say!

PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone have a meter to measure the paint thickness? Clearly a sample of one wouldn't be enough, but it at least gives us an idea where Ford is going with this.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
NOOOOOOOO, why can't Ford figure out how to paint vehicles? I'd really suggest folks keep an eye on this as these kind of issues should be covered under the 3/36 base warranty but will absolutely not be covered by anything else, including the premium Ford ESP. They will tell you to go pound sand otherwise, well known issue with Ford vehicles in the past.
My 47k mile, never been wrecked 2017 Escape may give us all a glimpse of our future:

IMG_8737crop.jpg
Oh Noooooo

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh Noooooo
I am feeling better about the Santa Cruz the more I read about the many issues surfacing w the Mav... I was sooo excited; I will leave the orders in place.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
NOOOOOOOO, why can't Ford figure out how to paint vehicles? I'd really suggest folks keep an eye on this as these kind of issues should be covered under the 3/36 base warranty but will absolutely not be covered by anything else, including the premium Ford ESP. They will tell you to go pound sand otherwise, well known issue with Ford vehicles in the past.
My 47k mile, never been wrecked 2017 Escape may give us all a glimpse of our future:
Oh Noooooo
FWIW, while not as bad as my Escape and its peeling (YET!), the paint on my Mav is still pretty terrible. By 3,000 miles, my Mav has AT LEAST twice as many chips in its paint as my 20 year old, 55,000 mile Vette.*

This lil pickup is gonna look like a demolition derby car before the warranty is even up. :LOL:

*I know part of that is the more eco friendly paints that are used nowadays but I have friends driving the same roads with new vehicles from other makes that aren't in NEARLY as bad of shape. The only person I know that can give me a run for my money in paint chipping? My buddy with a 2020 F250. So, I'll stand by my original question from 10/9/21; "why can't Ford figure out how to paint vehicles?"

Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
FWIW, while not as bad as my Escape and its peeling (YET!), the paint on my Mav is still pretty terrible. By 3,000 miles, my Mav has AT LEAST twice as many chips in its paint as my 20 year old, 55,000 mile Vette.*

This lil pickup is gonna look like a demolition derby car before the warranty is even up. :LOL:

*I know part of that is the more eco friendly paints that are used nowadays but I have friends driving the same roads with new vehicles from other makes that aren't in NEARLY as bad of shape. The only person I know that can give me a run for my money in paint chipping? My buddy with a 2020 F250. So, I'll stand by my original question from 10/9/21; "why can't Ford figure out how to paint vehicles?"
What do you want for a $20k "truck"? How do you think they arrived at that price? They skimped in plenty of areas.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I couldnā€™t agree more!! Well saidā€¦ Iā€™m over and annoyed and disappointed with folks on here or elsewhere sayingā€”itā€™s a sub par 20k$ truck, itā€™s cheap, itā€™s a budget truck, what do you expect, blah blah blahā€¦ wellā€¦ here is what I expect! For 20k$ safe, reliable, good quality no matter the cost or mfgā€¦. Also, $20k isnā€™t cheap?? But here is the rubā€¦ most folks outside of getting a base hybrid fwd or base fwd xlā€¦ arenā€™t buying these trucks for 19-20k! I paid $33,500.00 for my Maverickā€¦ I would have paid almost $42k for what I wanted but couldnā€™t find!!! Mav lariat with lux and all optionsā€¦ so Iā€™m sorry but $30-45k I expect the fucking thing to be straight as an arrow and slicker than snot! If itā€™s not, Iā€™m going to speak up about it, Iā€™m going to get it fixed, and enjoy it! What is cheap to you isnā€™t to meā€¦ thatā€™s fine if $30k and up is cheap to yaā€¦ but donā€™t hate on it or people being upset for not liking something that shouldnā€™t be an issue, even on a 9k$ new vehicle! Itā€™s new, itā€™s cool, I love this truck!! But itā€™s not cheap!! Sorry I canā€™t or wonā€™t buy a $100k truck that offers me the same satisfaction or usage as my $33k Maverick.
Ok sorry rant overā€¦. But I had to thank you for your wordsā€¦ g
Because you spent 65% more on your truck than the base model, you think you should get better paint? Regardless of the cost of your truck, this is the cheapest truck on the market by a significant margin, there aren't very many cars overall that are cheaper. Now, this isn't an excuse - I'll be mad if my truck has paint issues from the get-go - but it is a budget truck; period.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have 126,000 miles on my Chevy Colorado and I have one chip from a rock. I canā€™t even remember the last time a rock hit my truck. Where are you guys driving that there are rocks flying all over? Donā€™t you pull over when there are dump trucks with stuff in them? Do you live near a quarry? I just donā€™t know how this is much of an issue for too many?
Sponsored