First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has there been any news when mud flaps will be available? I wanted them, but removed them. Since I have a hybrid and no vin it may be worth adding back.
I wasn't even aware that there was a problem with mud flap orders, maybe that's why I haven't gotten a build date yet. :mad:
In any case I'm not changing anything, in fact I would rather get my Mav after the Maine winter. I might even keep my old Frontier on the road till the end of mud season up here.

As for paint , I'll do my best and maybe even get a ceramic coat put on, But at the end of the day it's a truck, it's going to get dinged, scratched, and probably even dented.
Kayaking, camping, and an 18 mile commute on back roads will do that.

CraigMN

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Paint protection is basically 2 coats of wax. I used to work at a car dealership and we’d have the lot boy wash and wax it twice.
Paint Protection is clear film applied to chip prone areas. Huge mark-up - several hundred dollars for partial front end.

Sponsored

Xerox6135

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You expect ford to remove all rocks and other debris from roads and ensure they never chip someone's paint?

I wish they could do that. Until then. Your car will get chips. Either film or don't worry about it.
You are not understanding what we are saying . I have own more than one car in my life and this paint is not right to say the least .

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fellow Maverick owners… today was a bad day for my cactus Grey 1,500 mile mav… on the way to work, I thought the rock debris hit the windshield, it was so loud, I actually ducked down “duh”… then cursed, figured ok, worse case, I get a chip and fix it or pay extra and get new windshield “lariat windshield-lol” but I get home… nope not the windshield! That’s too easy!! It’s the G.D. A-Pillars!! Driver side bad! Passenger side got it too but it’s more of a small chip that maybe a paint pen touch up could handle. The clear, paint, and down to the bare metal! I’m sick… so can you get the clear vinyl (PFT-sp??) film for the a-pillars by itself? Any recommendations? Also, can this be touched up by a dealer or body shop without costing more than the truck…lol…
***Please forgive the bad picture and dirty truck! Horrible salt/ice/snow highways here. Semi throwing rocks!! This is driver side. Zoom in…
Ford Maverick Soft paint? Rock chips after 400 miles C5F3F0D0-2E82-4826-B6A7-282A19963D32

OP
OP
CLH917

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fellow Maverick owners… today was a bad day for my cactus Grey 1,500 mile mav… on the way to work, I thought the rock debris hit the windshield, it was so loud, I actually ducked down “duh”… then cursed, figured ok, worse case, I get a chip and fix it or pay extra and get new windshield “lariat windshield-lol” but I get home… nope not the windshield! That’s too easy!! It’s the G.D. A-Pillars!! Driver side bad! Passenger side got it too but it’s more of a small chip that maybe a paint pen touch up could handle. The clear, paint, and down to the bare metal! I’m sick… so can you get the clear vinyl (PFT-sp??) film for the a-pillars by itself? Any recommendations? Also, can this be touched up by a dealer or body shop without costing more than the truck…lol…
***Please forgive the bad picture and dirty truck! Horrible salt/ice/snow highways here. Semi throwing rocks!! This is driver side. Zoom in…
C5F3F0D0-2E82-4826-B6A7-282A19963D32.jpeg
https://www.xpel.com/paint-protecti...ars--AND--Light-Trucks/2022/Ford/Maverick/XLT

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Mtnflyer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So last night I was putting on the snow guard/shield on the windshield, as I do ever day in the winter. The wind caught the cloth, and attached to my front quarter panel, (they have magnets in them). I immediately noticed a foot long scratch, right down to the primer. I was soooo pissed. We use these snow shields on all our vehicles for many years. There is no way that a small magnet covered on all sides with heavy fabric should scratch the paint that bad. It goes to show how thin this paint is.

Sponsored

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So last night I was putting on the snow guard/shield on the windshield, as I do ever day in the winter. The wind caught the cloth, and attached to my front quarter panel, (they have magnets in them). I immediately noticed a foot long scratch, right down to the primer. I was soooo pissed. We use these snow shields on all our vehicles for many years. There is no way that a small magnet covered on all sides with heavy fabric should scratch the paint that bad. It goes to show how thin this paint is.
It is very thin!! Clear coat isn’t much at all… I love my Maverick… but taking shortcuts on a truck that can add up to mid 30”s-40 is not cool

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Hmmm, is this potential issue causing anyone to rethink their choice of Area 51 and Cactus Grey? I chose Cactus Grey. I thought about carbonized grey.
Can't believe it's all from stones. Maybe paint is too brittle. Mixed with too much hardener.
Sponsored